09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

Did they just drop the serial numbers on the back their copies of HJ??:P2

I love it when people make post and give the 'Discuss' command. Tickles the heck outta me for some reason.

Basically there was a surge of protest at Digg.com after the digits were removed from a post, and the user was banned for posting them. The place went in an uproar for roughly 12 hours in protest where every page was with the serial numbers.

It’s the HD-DVD Processing Key for most movies released so far...
The war on the commercial movie industry rages on...
To spread the numbers became a support act against the major censorship campaign that started at digg.com (where it all started)
(not saying frosty did tho..)

You need this key to decrypt HD-DVDs... Partly to watch them on a linux system, but probably mostly for all the pirates out there.

edit:
censorship is usually a bad thing, so for me it was a perfectly relevant campaign.

It's just incredible to watch this thing explode across the web. Stories about it on the BBC and in the New York Times, songs on YouTube, and hundreds of thousands of hits when you run a search on the string.

Talk about an attempt to hush things up backfiring.

Talk about an attempt to hush things up backfiring.

Yes. I think the funniest thing about this is that they essentially did the opposite of what they intended to do by trying to censor it.. Once again, proof censorship is silly because the more you try to censor something, the more people want to see it.

Back