1 in 3 billion (i know the title sucks)

Based on Marshal's theory that you could poision the whole water supply only to kill one person and it would work.

dISCLaImER: if I owned Alias I wouldn't be writing fan fic! ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*(~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The mission->>

"Syd! Syd are you ok?!"

yelled Vaughn into the com.

"SYD!!!"

By now he was panicking and the thought of those guards and Sydney and what they could do to her and where they could take her. These thoughts were tearing at his mind.

"SYD!!"

he yelled one more time before he jumped out of the van and went in after her. He stopped dead in his tracks when he heard a familiar voice coming from one of the rooms in the seemingly endless hall way. `who is that?`he thought to himself then all of the suddern it hit him Sark. But what was he saying?

"Well,you see Miss Bristow..."

Syd! he thought to himself she was in there with himwith that monster. He listened for a few more seconds to see if he could hear if anybody else was in there and to strategize getting her out then he heard him slap her, hard. That was it he couldnt take anymore. The second he stormed open the door Sark stormed out and he would have gone after him if syd wasn't sitting unconcious tied up to a chair with a needle sticking out of her arm. He ran over to her as fast as he possibly could. he took the needle and it looked like it had been used to take a sample of Sydney's blood. He thought for a second and realized `Marshall said that they could poision the water supply only to kill one person based on their DNA' That must have been it they were going to poision her and there was nothing he could do. He couldn't protect her. At that moment he untied Sydney Picked her up and ran back to the van. He put her in the seat and buckled her seatbelt. Then he kissed her on her forehead and ran over to his side of the car and they were on their way.

"This is agent Vaughn," he said frantically into his phone "Sir we have a problem!"

*let me know if i should continue I hope ya like it. Also if i do continue I think I shopuld pre appoligize thast my updates will be kind of slow. STUPID SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you should continue!!!! I wanna find out what happens here! And it's okay about the updates being slow, I get a chapter for my story out like every other week, LMAO!!!! But keep going anyway!!!!

By the way, you have two of these posted!

i know i screwed up like usual sorry bout the 2 posts. :blush: Its nice to get a review my last one got like 0 reviews. thx and i'll try to update as often as possible. I cant wait untill summer!!! :sun: then i can update stories more!!! plus ya know all the summer stuff!!!~*~*~*~*

This story is great, don't feel bad about the post thing it happenes to almost everyone. I went 2 days before anyone posted anything on one of my stories. Write more soon!~

Chapter 2

"Mr. Bristow Do you remember a when Direvko and Sloane Tried to get the Disc containing genetic research?"

"Yes Agent Vaughn, what are you getting at here?" asked Jack anoyed into the phone.

"Well when we were trying to retrieve the data to find out where Sloane and Direvko were hiding Sydney ran into Sark. He took her captive and and I heard him tell her that her work was for nothing he had obtained a copy of the research and she would be sorry. I stormed in and got her out but Sark got away. She is unconcious but what I am worried about was the fact that when I was untying her I found a needle in her arm that looked as if it had been used to extract blood. Jack they are going to kill her by making a poision made for her DNA and we can't stop them. There is nothing we can do to help her. They could poission L.A.'s water supply or the whole countries fro that matter and that would only be killing her and there would be no suspician."

Jack couldn't say anything he felt totally helpless."Okay here is what you are going to do you are going to get her back here as fast as you can and do not use anything from a tap or anything whatsoever that they could have poisioned. When she gets back here to the Ops center we can decide what to do from there. Remember be over careful. I want to see my daughter again alive!"

Vaughn hung up the phone to hear Sydney stirring. "Sydney, baby, are you okay?"

"Ummhmm. Just a little headache. Please tell me we got him."

"No. Syd listen to me there is no easy way to tell you this but..."

Ok guys that is all for now like i said i have to go do stupid homework grrrrrrrr

:angry:

GARRRRRRRR!!! STUPID HOMEWORK!!! That was a great chapter though!! And my homework is keeping me from my stories too...so much people started to PM me...but that was :eek:fftopic: Anyways, good chapter, finish homework fast to write more!! LOL! :D

DONT READ THIS IF YOU DONT WANT A HINT TO THE SEASON FINALE SPOILER!!! :eek:

omg who read that huge spoiler thing i accidentally looked at it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! If that happens I am not watching the show anymore. I have never missed an episode and but i will start. If u havnt read it yet dont! :angry:

Chapter 3
*~*~*~*~(pretend this is before endgame I didnt think Diane would die.)*~*~*~*~

Sydney, Jack, Vaughn, Will, Kendall, Marshal, and Dixon sat in the breifing room. They were trying to think up a plan to protect Sydney. Vaughn was sitting next to her holding her hand under the table trying to comfort her. Even though she didnt look it she was scred. They had been at it for about an hour and a half going through the research that they had, and brainstorming every possibilty.

"What if we put Agent Bristow in quarentine in a secure location?" said Kendall who was getting quite aggrivated with every solution he had rejected almost as fast as he could get it out of his mouth.

"No," said Jack who was beginning to get very worried about his daughter. "we couldn't do that it would be too obvious all they would have to do is track her down which we know they could."

"I have an idea." said Syd almost as if she was debating whether to say it or not to say it because it was not at all what she wanted to do, but what she wanted was never anything important. If she had gotton what she wanted she would be and English Teacher and her mother would have died 30 years ago.
"Since the poision is based on my DNA and will only work on me... If I am not me it will no longer work."

"Sydney what are you talking about?" asked Vaughn very confused.

"Project Helix. We could fake my death then if we could find someone who would allow me to be doubled I could be their double, or maybe we could double someone who recently died. That would alter my DNA enough so that the poision would no longer affect me. Right?"

"Okay that sounds like a plan. Marshall Will you two start researching ways to do it, how to do it, and how to reverse it. Sydney I want you in a cell where we could keep track of you, and keep a watch on what gets to you." said Jack who felt somewhat relived now that they had a choice. "Agent Vaughn, you leave to go speak to agent Lennox in one hour we need to get into his mind see if we can retrieve any memories of the procedure that they performed on him and Markovic. I will try and find out who the other clone is and see if I could get them to cooperate with us and give us information. It would really help if we could get someone from both ends of the procedure. Okay everyone let's get to work."

*~*~
Later in the breifing room once everybody had left except Sydney and Vaughn, they sat there silent for a few moments not knowing what to say.

"Syd, don't worry things are going to be fine I will personally make sure that nothing happens to you." said Vaughn trying to believe that he could decide what happened to Sydney.

"I love you. I love you so much. What I want to know is, Will you still love me when I am not me anymore?" asked Sydney with tears filling her eyes.

"Syd you will be the same person deep down. You will still be Sydney even if it is not your body. And besides after this is over you can probably just go back to being you. I love you no matter what you look like. I better get going I have got to go see Lennox."

"Tell him I said hi."

"Okay I will. I love you, So much." He said kissing her full lips for what might be the last time for a while.

"I love you too."

*Okay that is all for now. Next chap the procedure.* ;)

Well, technically, Syd will still be staying Syd! It's just her appearance that will change! But hey, you never know what's gonna happen, just gotta wait for to post more of the story!! I'm loving it so far!! Please post more soon!

OOOO Who are you going to make her be??? OMG IT WOULD BE SOOO FUNNY IF YOU MADE HER ALICE!! OMG LMAO!!! I don't know why I found that so funny...

hahaha og that would be freakin hilarious i probably wont but i might make an alternate ending fic for this with that idea omg tht is so funny lmao :rotflmao:

Ok I know i said this would be thee procedure I lied that won't be for a while ^_^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 3

Vaughn knocked on the door to Agent Lennox's house and waited nervously for a reply.

"Agent Vaughn? What's wrong did something happen?"
asked Lennox having mixed emotions both happy that he was seeing someone from home he was really lonely since Emma's deathb ut at the same time ha was worried because Agent Vaughn's visit most likely wasn't good news.

"I need you to do something. We need you to come in for reggresive thereapy. *I think that is what the hypnosis thing is called.* Look it is a long story but Sydney will be assasinated if we can't do what we have to. Here is what is happening..."

Agent Lennox listened carefully to what Agent Vaughn was saying. It wasn't like he had to think about it, he wouldn't even be standing there if Sydney hadn't saved him. Even though he wasn't exited about remembering the procedure that ruined his life. It stole his identity and worst of all it took Emma away from him. But Sydney was his friend and he knew what he had to do.

"Agent Vaughn you don't need to say anything else I will do it whatever it is that you need me to do I will do it. I owe Sydney my life, and I always come through on paying back my debts." he said with a small smile.

"Thank you," said vaughn as he let out a sigh. " There will be a plane to take us back to LA in one hour. Notify anybody with any excuse you need to keep your cover. Thank you again. See you on the plane."

"Okay bye. See you there." said Lennox with that Vaughn turned around and got into his car and drove off.

*~*~*~*~

Back in LA

"Jack we have some more information on how to perform the procedure." said Will trying to catch up with a very fast walking Jack Bristow. "Do you have any other leads as to who the other double is?"

"No." Jack lied.
Jack knew exactly who the second clone was. After 2 days of research and dead end after dead end he had found out that the second clone was Francie. He didn't want anybody to know yet because he feared that it would complicate things and in the current situation they had no time to spare the longe Sydney was Sydney the less chance they had for their plan to work. He decided he would quietly bring the Francie double in and not let anybody know untill he felt the time was right. He would bring her in without the knowledge of Will Tippin and his daughter but he could tell everybody else in the operation because he really needed their help.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As will walked through all of the doors leading to Sydney's cell he really wished she could be somewhere else besides in a cold cell. He saw her on the bunk asleep but for a second he wasn't sure he was breathing but when he saw her stir he knew he was just being paranoid.

"Hey." She said seeing her friend standing on the other side of the glass.

"Hey, how ya doin'. Are you getting stir crazy yet?" he said trying to lighten the mood.

"Not yet but almost." she said with a slight laugh.

"Hey listen we have some really good information that is going to make this procedure really easy for you. The worst part will be the fact that you will not have to watch I Love Lucy reruns and eat ice cream as part of your recovery process." He said trying to cheer up his friend who you could tell didn't want to be somebody else. For all of the times she has been forced to wear a disguise she had never felt so faceless as she did then.

"Thanks Will" she said her eyes pointed down filling with tears. "Hey listen could you tell Francie something good because I don't know how long this is going to be for and I don't want her to have no idea what is going on. So could you just make up something not bad. Please."

"Okay Syd I will try. I better get back to work the sooner we get done with this the sooner you could be Syd again."

"Okay Will thanks. See you later." she said with a slight smile on her face as she looked at her cute, goofy, best friend.

"See you later Syd. I think Vaughn and Lennox are here I'm sure your going to want to see him so I will see you later" As he exited her cell became quiet again and she went to lie down untill again her doors opened. And in stepped the person she needed to feel whole.

"Hi Sweetie how are you doing. I figured you could use a little company right now. It gets really quiet in here all alone."

"I love you. I wish I could be in there with you but my clothes might have spores on them that might contain the poision."

"Just having you here is enough." She said as she realized that to Vaughn she would always be 'Syd'.

Okay guys you kow the drill review Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeee I love reviews. :D

:smiley: Ok guys sorry this took so long. Ok here we go. Chapter 4 I think.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After they came out of Lennox’s session Vaughn walked off to the side with Jack.

"Do you have any leads as to who the other double is?"

"yes but I don’t want to tell you here. Come out to the parking garage."

In The Parking Garage

"Who is it? Who is the second double?" asked Vaughn.

"I didn’t want to say this in there in the fear that Will Tippin would find out and tell my daughter and the last thing she needs to think about is the fact that her best friend is dead and that she has been living with one of Sloanes operatives for the past several months." Jack said thinking to himself how it is unfair that his daughter has to got through everything and that people who are much worse people than her were living much better lives.

"Oh my God. I can’t believe it after everything she has gone through and now this too. And poor Francie she has never done anything wrong to anybody. Her life was starting to go really well for her. When was she killed" He asked even though it didn’t matter when she was killed an innocent person that he felt like he knew was killed because she knew somebody mixed up in this lifestyle. He had heard so much about her it was almost as if he knew her.

"She was shot through the forehead the night we took down SD-6 and we are trying to retrieve her body. We have been interrogating the double and we are learning everything we can . Also I would appreciate not telling Will about this, at least not yet anyway."

"Don’t worry I won’t." said Vaughn. He knew that Jack could identify to Will having the woman you love not being who you thought she was and realizing you were just a cover . He went back inside the operations center and went to go find out the next part of the plan.

* ok I know that was really short and I am sorry but I have an idea and it is a long one and I would hate to cut it in the middle. So I am going to post the next chapter all at once so I don’t give you awkward cut offs. :blush:

Back