Sci-Fi 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMjEzMjczOTIxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUwMjI3NzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi | 11 March 2016 (USA)
10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) - IMDb

Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he's saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable.

Director:
Dan Trachtenberg
Writers:
Josh Campbell (story), Matthew Stuecken (story)
Stars:
Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Goodman, John Gallagher Jr.

10 Cloverfield Lane | Trailer & Movie Site | 3.11.2016
From what I can see from the trailer it is not another Found Footage film. That was one of the main reasons I didn't really care for Cloverfield 1. It gave me a headache. Reading comments on I09 and youtube there is a lot of speculation but very few hard facts. I hope this movie lives up to its hype!

Via IMdb Trivia page:
The movie was officially announced less than 2 months before its release. The film had been completed without anyone knowing and the first trailer was shown during "13 Hours".

Since Cloverfield, it will be the first monster movie in 7 years to take place in Manhattan, New York.

According to producer JJ Abrams, this is considered a "blood-relative" to the original 2008 hit "Cloverfield".

Via the YouTube Trailer page:

this isn't cloverfield 2. the author came out and said it isn't a sequel to cloverfield even though it is set in the same universe. it also has a completely different style of filming, moving from first person to third. people actually saw the word cloverfield and assumed it was the sequel, however it isn't a direct sequel to the last movie as many think. it's part of an anthology and jj Abrams himself said the movies would only be related in the universe that they share. that means the events of the first movie may not even be a part of 10 cloverfield lane at all. it's like the two different stories for batman. you have both the old and new iterations of batman, but even though both are set in the DC universe, they tell two completely different stories.

I'm sorry guys this is not a sequel. Yes it's related to the events. To make it simple, this movie tells a small story during the events of clover field, about this particular family. If you go into this movie expecting the sequel to clover field, you will be disappointed.

I'm going to pass on this one as well, at least until it hits Netflix, but only because from the commercials it seems more like a psychological drama than a horror movie or a sequel/prequel to the original.

Guy abducts women, locks them in underground bunker, says he is protecting them from a threat that may or may not be real, a threat occurs (though not the one he thought), the guy may or may not actually be a hero after all or he is just a psycho. I'm not sure that would keep me mentally occupied for two hours.

survivalist types usually are not well portrayed in hollywood, except maybe the Michael Gross character in the Tremors series.
the one in the X-Files ep was not portrayed too bad (the one in Florida during the storm; Darren McGavin played retired FBI guy, and therein lies a tale (see avatar)