Comedy 13 Going on 30 (2004)

garnergarnish said:
I've seen this film sooo many times now and i'm still not tired of it. i still keep bursting into tears though at random moments and my friend who was with me on thursday was like"OMG you are sooo embarrassing" I didn't care though. Its weird cos i'm going to see it at the cinemas and stuff and watching it at home as well. My friends can't believe that i'm wasting money. i was like, it's not wasting, its helping JG become the huge movie star she should be, although she better not desert Alias to do films cos then i'll be cross with her.
[post="952111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well said! i'm bored so i'm just gonna go watch it again.... :smiley:

HURRAH!!!!! Steph is singlehandedly making up the numbers in the UK. and all the others who are going with her i guess. I have to go on my own from now on cos my friends won't see it more than once and they keep reporting to the others how i keep crying and squealing so nobody will come. Heehee!!!

Hey guys, not quite sure if this is the right place to put this but here goes... I was wondering if anybody knows why the name of Jennifer Garners new movie, "13 going on 30", has been changed and advertised as "Suddenly 30" in Australia? Just seemed odd to me...

Anyway, thanks a lot if you can help

- :angelic:

I'm not sure why the changed the title but they do it often. For example, The Rock's movie, 'The Rundown' was renamed 'Welcome To The Jungle' for Australian release.

Maybe they thought they could can get a more mature audience with a the movie called 'Suddenly 30' instead of '13 Going On 30' *shrugs* You're guess is a good as mine.

The 1st time I saw the movie was in the english version, it was a few months ago. I enjoyed it but not that much. It was cute.
Then it came out in France in August, and I was wondering if it was really worth it to see it a second time, and this time to pay for it. I decided to go as a Jennifer Garner french fan. I was with my best friend, she usually goes to the cinema maybe 3 times a year, she's not as obsessed as I am (maybe between 50 and 100 times a year, I'll count all my tickets at the end of this year :harhar: )
And this time I understood, of course, everything. :rolleyes: And I really liked it, I really laughed. :lmao: It is not a great movie, but it is worth seeing it.
As an Alias fan and Jennifer Garner fan i knew she was very talented, but in this movie, she plays a character totally different from Sydney. Usually when I see an actor or an actress playing different characters, I keep seeing the little things she/he does with her/his face, they're always the same whoever they play. But with Jennifer, she had a total different face. I don't know if you can understand what I mean. :lol:
^ This was kinda my review, I would give a 7.5/10 :D

Yeah I really liked her in this role too. I think she could have potential to be the next big thing for romantic comedies. She's got that aura about her that just works.

I was at the austrian premiere of 13 Going On 30 last wednesday (won the tickets *yay*) and it was so great!!! I've seen it before but the atmosphere was so great 'cause everybody was laughing so much... ^_^

I like the english version better than the german one so I went to see the OV, too... and next monday I'll go with my little sisters... :D

okay, maybe I should really start to worry about myself 'cause I can tell what's the next line or the next song... I can even dance thriller :angelic: and everybody's giving me those funny "FREAK!!!!!!" looks... :lol:

man, I just love that movie... can't help... :P

did you learn the Thriller dance from the movie or did you know it from before? :lol:
--mandy :angelic:

:lol: :rotflmao: WOOHOO! I applaud you! that's more than what i could do! :lol:
--mandy :angelic:

Yeah that's pretty insane. Actually one of my dancer friends from college learned all of the Justin Timberlake dances from music videos.. SOme people just have that skill..

Yeah I really liked her in this role too. I think she could have potential to be the next big thing for romantic comedies. She's got that aura about her that just works.

She does, but she shouldn't keep doing the same roles, or she's gonna be labelled.
She's already being called the next Julia Roberts.

I guess that right now she's an action star AND a romantic comedy heroine, so she's not doing too badly.

iheartalias said:
Not at all. ^_^
[post="1005571"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It's a smart move on her part to leverage her fame on the small screen to get parts on the big screen. When alias inevitably reaches its conclusion (hopefully not for another 3 or 4 years), she'll be in a position to really focus on her film career and move from the small screen to the big screen.

Xin Li

yes, but I also want the german version.....for me it would cost almost the same to buy the DVD at Amazon.com then to buy the german version when it's out and then I would also have the german version.