13 going on 30 competition

I went over to IMDB.com & learned that the films which will be release on May 28
are:

13 going on 30

Soul Plane

The Day After Tomorrow

June 4 : The new Harry Potter film

June 18 : Garfield

There's no release date for Shrek 2.

personally, i think it's only real competition wil lcome june 4th, when HPO comes out, but chances are, HP will be bigger, juss cos its HP..,

ems

I heard she plays a 13 years old girl, is that true?
Wow, when I think abou it.........it must have been a huge compliment for Jen to be offered to play a teenanger at 30 !!lol
Anyway I think Harry Potter is gonna be number one of the cinema charts! But maybe 13 going on 30 will be second ! ;)

I wanted to know what the movies were about and who was in them so I could get a better feel on the competition and this is what I found out...

Soul Plane

Plot Outline
Why just fly when you can soar with soul? After a humiliating experience on an airplane, Nashawn Wade sues the airline and is awarded a huge settlement. Determined to make good with the money, Nashawn creates the full service airline of his dreams, complete with sexy stewardesses, funky music, a hot onboard dance clud, and a bathroom attendant. Departing from all-new Terminal X in Los Angeles, Soul Plane gives "fly" a whole new meaning taking it's passengers on a maiden voyage full of comedy.

Cast (in alphabetical order)
Dwayne Adway .... Jerome
Tom Arnold
Angell Conwell .... Tamika
Snoop Dogg
Yolanda Gill
Godfrey .... Gaemon (as Godfrey C. Danchimah)
Kevin Hart .... Dakwon
Brian Hooks
D.L. Hughley
Mo'Nique Imes-Jackson
Arielle Kebbel .... Heather Hunkee
Loni Love
Method Man .... Muggsy
Ryan Pinkston .... Billy Hunkee
Missi Pyle
Sommore
Stacey Travis .... Susan, Flight Attendant #1
Sofía Vergara .... Passenger
Gary Anthony Williams
John Witherspoon

The Day After Tomorrow

Plot Outline
This movie takes a big-budget, special-effects-filled look at what the world would look like if the greenhouse effect and global warming continued at such levels that they resulted in worldwide catastrophe and disaster, including multiple hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes (I don't quite get the science of that one), tidal waves, floods and the beginning of the next Ice Age. At the center of the story is a paleoclimatologist (a scientist who studies the ways weather patterns changed in the past), Professor Adrian Hall (Quaid), who tries to save the world from the effects of global warming while also trying to get to his son, Sam (Gyllenhaal), who was in New York City as part of a scholastic competition, when the city was overwhelmed by the chilling beginnings of the new Ice Age. In addition to all of the other challenges Dr. Hall faces, he's also going against the flow as humanity races south to warmer climes, and he's nearly the only one going north... (Rossum plays another student, and Gyllenhaal's romantic interest; Ward plays Quaid's wife and Gyllenhaal's mother; Serrano plays Quaid's boss)

Credited cast:
Dennis Quaid .... Professor Jack Hall
Jake Gyllenhaal .... Sam Hall
Emmy Rossum .... Laura
Sela Ward .... Lucy
Arjay Smith .... Bryan
Tamlyn Tomita .... Janet
Austin Nichols .... J.D.

I don't think Sould Plane will be a whole lot of competition :lol: but The Day After Tomorrow looks a little threatening <_<

oh no, 13 goin on 30 is goin to get some major compitition, like huge compitition with harry potter:( i wanted it to get #1. i guess i could have a little hope but, everyone knows how little kids are crazy about those books.

HOLD UP... jen playing a 13 yr old ok wtf? how the hell is she goin to pull that off or is this like some sort of she gets sent bak in time and she thinks she 13 or somethink?

and i ave no idea wen it will come out in london sorry butt any1 no wen it will be out in aussie?
jess

alias_freak69 said:
HOLD UP... jen playing a 13 yr old ok wtf? how the hell is she goin to pull that off or is this like some sort of she gets sent bak in time and she thinks she 13 or somethink?

and i ave no idea wen it will come out in london sorry butt any1 no wen it will be out in aussie?
jess
No...lol, let me clear this up. In the movie, there's this 13 year old who makes a wish on her b-day (i forget what it was). The next day, the girl (now played by Jen) is an adult and approaching her 30th b-day. She has no idea what happened as she's basically a 13yr old in a 30yr old's body. Get it now? :smiley:

the movie is alot like big if anyone remembers that movie with tom hanks!
i saw a trailer for her movie on access hollywood last week and it looks really funny and i love jen in it! its such a change from seeing her play syd.

she's so cool playing jenna rink, the 13 y/o waking up 30 y/o after her 13th bday. it's a different jg and i just love her playing something different other than kick people's butts. she looks cute!! an amazing jen! :D

The other night they showed in access hollywood movies that are going to be big in 2004 and 13 going on 30 was mentioned along with troy and harry potter. I think it has a good chance of getting the #1 or #2 spot the first week. I think its going to be a good movie ^_^ , the trailer was good ( I went to see mona lisa smile just to see it :blush: )

Gabriela

Back