13 going on 30

i want to see it so bad!! It will be cool to see her as something other than fighting. And it will show how good of an actress she is that she can "be" a 13-year-old-girl and a CIA spy. AND OF COURSE it looks so cute and good AND she's the star!!!!

I cant wait my sister is going with me because she appreciates JG as much as i do!! I think it comes out here in like summer sometime, ill persuade my sister to have a london hopping trip and then gosh we might as well stay for the premiere !!! :P :P

I saw the preview for this and it looks pretty cool because we'd get to see Jen in a different type of role. However, this movie looks a lot like a remake of the movie 'Big' with Tom Hanks. Anyone else think so?

yea...it was how they kept introducing it...as a female remake of big. :D I can't wait...

Well Big was a great movie so lets hope this movie doesn't dissapoint. Maybe after this one Jen can do a remake of the movie Splash. She could be the mermaid or she meets up with a merman or whatever. I don't think I want a merman.

I saw the preview for this and it looks pretty cool because we'd get to see Jen in a different type of role. However, this movie looks a lot like a remake of the movie 'Big' with Tom Hanks. Anyone else think so?

Yeah it's a female version of Big. I was watching MTV and I saw the trailer. JG is so funny. I'm sure it will be number one on its opening day. Let's support JG on this. MV is so lucky to have Jen as his girlfriend....

Will MV watch the film? Well, hope he will....or JG will kill him (nah....... joke... joke..joke) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

from alias-media.com :woot:

agentz writes "'13 Going On 30' will premiere at Mann's Village Theater in Westwood Village, CA on Wednesday, April 14th at 6:00PM.

The red carpet event will feature the film's stars; Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo, and Kathy Baker as they promote the new flick.

Garner plays Jenna Rink, a typical preteen girl who wants more than anything to grow up. On her 13th birthday, Jenna's only wish is to get older and fast. When she wakes up the next morning, she's 30 years old, a sucessful magazine editor with a live-in boyfriend! Jenna tracks down Matt (her best friend when she was younger) to try and figure out what has happened.

'13 Going on 30' arrives in theaters on April 23rd."

:D :D I work at a movie theatre and we run movies through early to make sure the prints are ok so tonight I got the chance to see "13 Going On 30" before the sneak preview this weekend! When I heard the theatre was running it, I left a different screening of Ella Enchanted to make sure I didn't miss Jen's film! ;)

So how was the movie? (ATTENTION VERY MINOR SPOILERS). I thought it was great, although predictable. The majority of the best moments were in the trailer, but Jen was so fun to watch on screen. The camera just loves her and she gets to wear lots of fun outfits and cool hairstyles in the film. I loved all the references to the 80s because that was part of my own childhood. Also the girl who plays Young Jenna looked a lot like Jennifer Garner! Great casting. The story was so sweet and I think everyone is going to be well pleased with the film. Great job, Jennifer! Oh yeah and Mark Ruffalo was wonderful as well. I have loved him since "You Can Count On Me." Swoon.

Since I consider myself an JG/MV freak, I couldn't help but notice that the boyfriend who walks out of Jenna's shower in the trailer with only a towel is a famous hockey player in the film. Neat connection to MV. Also, I noticed people were commenting earlier about how JG was in Daredevil with Ben Affleck and now MV is going to be in Monster-In-Law with J-Lo. Well, in 13 Going on 30, the magazine that Jenna works for has J-Lo on their cover and you see J-Lo's face like four times during the movie because a blown-up cover of the magazine is by the front entrance to the magazine office.

Also, one last bit of trivia for everyone before they see the film. The man who plays Jenna's boss at the magazine (the British guy) is played by Andy Serkis, who provided both the voice and the body to model all the CGI shots set up for Gollum in the Lord of the Rings films. Nice to see the man behind the genius that was Gollum!

joeyspizza47, you're very lucky. i can't wait to see it.

here are some places that are showing the special screening of 13 going on 30 this saturday, April 10 at 7pm in the LA area:

Pacific at the Grove
Pacific Galleria Stadium 16 in Sherman Oaks
Mann Criterion in Santa Monica
AMC Burbank on Palm
Mann Glendale Exchange
Pacific Paseo Stadium in Pasadena

Back