2.18 Yesterday

i realise meredith isn't doing this on purpose. i don't think she realises she's using him until after, and then she can't do anything about it. but i'm still really mad at her (yes, i realise she is a television character :lol: )

m-c

I think this is a little silly...how everyone's accusing Meredith of being such a bad person.

On any other show when something like this happens, it's because the character has "needs." This has always irked me because it's a cheap answer to why someone would use another person for sex.

But the moment there's any emotions put into the equation, Meredith's a little mean tramp. Do you really think George think Meredith's in love with him? He lives with her, he sees what "McDreamy" does to her. If he gets hurt, it's partly his naivety to blame. Hours earlier in that day, Meredith was talking about how she never loses interest in sex, in "the beast." Obviously she hasn't been getting any since it appears her casual sex phase has passed.

So, she had an opportunity. Doesn't she have "needs" too guys? :rolleyes:

I think this is a little silly...how everyone's accusing Meredith of being such a bad person.

On any other show when something like this happens, it's because the character has "needs." This has always irked me because it's a cheap answer to why someone would use another person for sex.

But the moment there's any emotions put into the equation, Meredith's a little mean tramp. Do you really think George think Meredith's in love with him? He lives with her, he sees what "McDreamy" does to her. If he gets hurt, it's partly his naivety to blame. Hours earlier in that day, Meredith was talking about how she never loses interest in sex, in "the beast." Obviously she hasn't been getting any since it appears her casual sex phase has passed.

I agree with you completely, but for me it's more or less the fact that it was completely out of character for Meredith. George getting hurt is inevitable because he knows that Meredith is still hopelessly into Derrick, but Meredith is using someone who cares about her, and under no circumstances is it "okay" to use a person by sleeping with them for your own "needs" especially because Meredith knows how George feels (unless she is extremely dense). For most of the people I have spoken to, everyone knows she has needs, but why couldnt she do some random guy in a bar instead of a person who is SOOOOO into her like we all know... *Sigh* i just...*sigh*

^^ see i still liked the episode. overall it was really interesting to me. i loved the music, i loved the derek/addison relationship, i loved cristina/burke (even though she should have said i love you too), i loved lots about it. but i am so angry with meredith for doing that to george. she's using him for comfort sex and he loves her. that is cruel.

m-c

You are right. That is exactly what it was. She was upset and she just used Geroge to make herself feel better. He'll be crushed! :(

Meredith had needs and George was offering ... btw ... do we realize that if George didn't wanna get hurt he would have stormed out of the room ... they are having sex, because both of them want to ... Meredith is not forcing George and George is not forcing Meredith ... true ... George knows how Meredith feels about McDreamy ... and well, whats a man to do ... she wanted to have sex ... so be it ... it will be akwardness at its fullest, but both of them are totally adult and responsible ... so they know what they were doing even if they get hurt in the end ... ;)

and as for McSteamy ... damn he is hot :love: no wonder Addison fell for him ... I know I would ... :love:

I think this is a little silly...how everyone's accusing Meredith of being such a bad person

i'm mad at meredith because i think it was stupid and wrong, but i'm not denying that she has needs and--if in the same situation--i might do the same thing. i would still think it was wrong and mean. i've used someone for my needs before, and every time i think of it i hate myself for it. it's a horrible thing to do.

m-c

I agree. I mean, Meredith obviously knows how George feels about her and she still chose to sleep with him even though nothing is going to come from it since she's in love with Derek.

EXACTLY!!! George knew how she felt about Derek.

i loved the last two minutes!!!!! lol yeah i know it was kinda evil but so is what derek did to meredith....IDK maybe the producers might surprise us and make them a couple. I'm glad that George finally got his emotions out to Meredith.

Meredith had needs and George was offering ... btw ... do we realize that if George didn't wanna get hurt he would have stormed out of the room ... they are having sex, because both of them want to ... Meredith is not forcing George and George is not forcing Meredith ... true ... George knows how Meredith feels about McDreamy ... and well, whats a man to do ... she wanted to have sex ... so be it ... it will be akwardness at its fullest, but both of them are totally adult and responsible ... so they know what they were doing even if they get hurt in the end ... ;)

I agree with you completely, GoGo. At first, I didn't even think of the complications, I was just happy that it was happening. I have shipped Meredith/George forever, and although I know it won't work, I am still in a weird way, happy about it. But even though George knows he's going to get hurt, I feel bad for George. Poor George. <3

The rest of the episode was great in my opinion. So much good music. And the woman with the spontaneous orgasms. That was hilarious. And that poor kid with the tumors on his face. And McSteamy. He's hot, but I still don't like him.

Hey, freinds with benefits works sometimes :P But you're right, it wont with Merdith and Geroge. They're not the freinds with benefits type becuase he wants a real realtionship. That only works if both people arent looking for love

Back