2.19 What Have I Done to Deserve This?

i liked it all, except for the karma thing. they sort of beat us over the head with it. next time, subtlety would be appreciated.

It was an overall funny ep, until the end. Then I sobbed when Meredith sobbed. That was such a sad scene. I knew it was going to be awkward, but I didn't know it was going to be this bad. Poor George. :(

I feel bad for Addison. That would suck to have poison oak...down there. Ow. And I feel bad for that guy whose fiancee left him because of the surgery. Although, it did somewhat parallel what was happening with George and Meredith.

It shall be interesting to see how the George living with Burke/Cristina thing goes.

That was so sad when Meredith cried. I feel bad for George but I really think that they should talk more and George should stay. And the patient whose finacee left his was sad. Also, I'm interested to see what happens with Izzie and Denny

i thought alex and izzy were cute together in the beginning of the episode, but like meredith said to alex, "she'll never see you the same way after sleeping with (that other girl i forget her name) " And it turns out she does. I actually like Denny, he's so cute and I'm actually turning sides in saying i think Denny and Izzy are cute together. BUT here's my prediction, they'll really start to fall for each other but he'll end up dying. which would be a big bummer and i hope that won't happen

I felt for so sorry for George, but maybe this will help him get over merideth. I can't wait to watch George and Burke together (with Christina glaring on) that will be great!

I really don't like Meredith after this. I know that George sort of knew what he got himself into when he went to her, but NO, she should have stopped it long before the akward crying part... Poor poor George.
The shoulder-doctor was very pretty, I hope she will be back and that George get someone that deserves him.
Denny is very cute, like a young ER George Clooney :D

I really don't like Meredith after this. I know that George sort of knew what he got himself into when he went to her, but NO, she should have stopped it long before the akward crying part... Poor poor George.
The shoulder-doctor was very pretty, I hope she will be back and that George get someone that deserves him.
Denny is very cute, like a young ER George Clooney :D
I totally disagree. I stopped liking George after last night. He didn't have to leave, he could've been more understanding. I know he's been in love with her but O.M.G. not everything's about him! He knows that she's still in love with Derek and he threw himself at her knowing that he could get hurt. It is completely stupid and naive of him to get THAT offended <_<

:mellow:

--Mandy :angelic:

Haha exactly the same thing here Janet, i was so sad about George and Merideth though when he moved out :( i like alex and izzie together i dont want her to hook up with denny. I think it's funny that george moved in with christina and burke :P but my favorite part was definitely the poison oak and bailey sneaking around haha

I totally disagree. I stopped liking George after last night. He didn't have to leave, he could've been more understanding. I know he's been in love with her but O.M.G. not everything's about him! He knows that she's still in love with Derek and he threw himself at her knowing that he could get hurt. It is completely stupid and naive of him to get THAT offended <_<

:mellow:

I totally agree. Meredith is in love with Derek and George knows that. By telling her how he feels, he was only hurting himself. He obviously knew that nothing could come of it since Meredith loves him, just not in the same way she loves Derek. And I completely see where Mere was coming from with the whole "I didn't know" thing. I can see how she thought that maybe what she wanted was in front of her the whole time and she just didn't realize it. But when she tried, she realized it wasn't right.

ETA: The whole thing with Addison was hilarious!!! :rotflmao: I was like "HA! You totally deserve that whore."

That was so sad when Meredith cried. I feel bad for George but I really think that they should talk more and George should stay. And the patient whose finacee left his was sad. Also, I'm interested to see what happens with Izzie and Denny

I didnt feel bad for Merdith, I felt bad for Geroge. What was Merdith's probelm? She was so insensitive. If I were Geroge, i would have moved out too.

Well, I think that Meredith and Goerge should talk it out, but then again, she might end up saying something stupid and hurt Goerge even more...

I never understood why Meredith slept with Goerge, when she HAD to know that she was doing something that wasnt right. I also didnt get why Meredith started crying (stupid question, I know...). I felt so sorry for Goerge because he was 'Comfortable' and Meredith wasn't and she was just...not right...for sleeping with him in the first place.(I've said that a lot..)

Did any of you guys see that GOERGE CUT HIS HAIR????!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!
Yes. In capital leters.

I knew that it was going to be akward after they had sex but who would have thought it was going to be as bad as it was. I mean, Did anyone exspect Merideth to start crying and screaming like she did? I didn't. I for one, didn't feel at all sorry for Merideth. She was terrible to George. If she didn't know if she wanted to have sex with him or not she should have never done it. And she knew how sensitive he was; he isn't the one night stand kind of guy and she mistreated him. I just think that it was so horrible for him that she hated being with him so bad that she statred crying and screaming while they were still toether. I think George did not over react.

izzie is being mean. i understand that it's true what meredith said about her not seeing alex in the same way after he did :puke: olivia, but she still has to be nice. she's just not paying attention. it's like she doesn't realise that she is hurting alex in any way. i don't see her as someone who is "just" sleeping with him but they aren't together. yes denny is cute, yes he's probably a better guy than alex, but she has to pick one or the other. i suppose she'll pick when denny dies because he doesn't get a transplant. :(
i love cristina. love love love her. "you're a good person" "i am not!" she tries to be so detached and apathetic, but she feels. burke brings out the normal, feeling, human in her. i just adore them. and burke's awesome.
*giggle* i love bailey as a mother. all the characters are so multi-faceted, and she shows this most. she can be a strong, career woman and a soft, caring mother at the same time. i love that.
addison getting poison oak. :lol: i loved it. and her crying making bailey lactate (btw, the chief's reaction was hilarious). but i really liked derek going in there and laughing and them throwing the pillow back and forth. they actually seemed like a real couple. :love:
i hate meredith. i hate her because she is completely normal. she does everything that i would do in her situation, but--watching it objectively--i realise it's wrong. her character is just so real. she's normal and flawed and real. i don't think she'll ever be able to be "just friends" with mcdreamy, and i think trying is only going to hurt her, but i'd probably do the same thing. obviously she hurt george, but i probably would have done the same thing. i felt worse for her than for george in the sex scene. you knew from the beginning george was going to be hurt, but i didn't realise how much it was going to hurt meredith.
poor, poor george. he got his heart ripped out and stomped on, not only by the woman he loved, but by his roommate, by his friend. the whole "i'm sorry if i ever made you feel anything like i'm feeling now" was super sad, even though i hate olivia. and i don't like george's new girlfriend either--she's skanky. but props to burke for letting george stay. very cute.
but i think in a while, when george calms down, he'll realise that she didn't want to hurt him. she didn't mean to rip out his heart and stomp on it. she never wanted to do that. he knew she was still in love with mcdreamy. she knew george was in love with her. they both made mistakes and i think eventually they will both be able to get over it and live together again.
alex amuses me. "so you slept with o'malley" "he told you?!" "uh...no" his face was just absolutely hilarious. and then when he laughed when george fell down the stairs. i like him. and paging izzie to kiss her. i liked him from the beginning.

and yeah, i noticed george cut his hair. UNHAPPY!

m-c

I didnt feel bad for Merdith, I felt bad for Geroge. What was Merdith's probelm? She was so insensitive. If I were Geroge, i would have moved out too.

how was Meredith insensitive? It's not like George didn't know when Meredith's depressed she gets drunk and sleep with random men! Even Alex said it! He threw himself at her! What did he expect when he said "I'll never stop loving you?" which by the way, he did because he acted so childish afterwards geez.

Well, I think that Meredith and Goerge should talk it out, but then again, she might end up saying something stupid and hurt Goerge even more...

I never understood why Meredith slept with Goerge, when she HAD to know that she was doing something that wasnt right. I also didnt get why Meredith started crying (stupid question, I know...). I felt so sorry for Goerge because he was 'Comfortable' and Meredith wasn't and she was just...not right...for sleeping with him in the first place.(I've said that a lot..)

Did any of you guys see that GOERGE CUT HIS HAIR????!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!
Yes. In capital leters.

Meredith said to George (and I'm paraphrasing here) "I didn't know that I didn't want to until I didn't want to" it's not like she was thinking "Oh i'm depressed let's hurt george because he's such a love sick puppy" Meredith wasn't the one who walked into George's room for sex, it was the other way around. In no way was George innocent to all of this.

I knew that it was going to be akward after they had sex but who would have thought it was going to be as bad as it was. I mean, Did anyone exspect Merideth to start crying and screaming like she did? I didn't. I for one, didn't feel at all sorry for Merideth. She was terrible to George. If she didn't know if she wanted to have sex with him or not she should have never done it. And she knew how sensitive he was; he isn't the one night stand kind of guy and she mistreated him. I just think that it was so horrible for him that she hated being with him so bad that she statred crying and screaming while they were still toether. I think George did not over react.

Ya, because seeing your dad for the first time in 20 years, a dad who walked out on you when you were just a kid because your mommy was a "dirty whore" doesn't make you depressed at all, ya not all all horrifying! Because even when she's depressed she MUST put George's feeling's first because he's just so senstive. Ya, no. George's an adult too, just because everyone pities him doesn't mean he was the one that got hurt from a situation that he initiated.

Have to throw in my two cents on this ep. Ok, I love George. Really, I do. But I really wanted to slap him in this ep! No offense to any George/Mere fans out there but I think this ep proved that George is not really in love with Mere. *dodges flying objects* I think this ep showed that George was in love with his idea of what Mere is. It's like how a 12 year feels towards his latest crush. A 12 year old thinks that the object of their affection is perfect. George always seemed to quick to make excuses for Mere's past bad behavior. This incident has forced George to face the truth about Mere. Mere is not beautiful, perfect goddess. She's human. A deeply flawed human. George knows that Mere is depressed she drinks and will pretty much have sex with anybody. George knew that Mere was depressed. Yet he told her anyway how he felt. When she iniated sex he should have had enough sense to stop her. That probably would have brought Meredith to her senses. I do think Meredith is responsible for this mess as well. But George carries just as much repsonsiblity. Christina had some good advice for George. Stop whining about your problems and do something about them.

Was I the only one annoyed with Izzy last night? Seriously, she judges Meredith (without even asking why she did what she did btw) and yet is leading two guys on? I feel sorry for both Alex and Denny.

HEE! The Addison storyline threw in some much needed comic relief! I was laughing hysterically at the scene where Addison started crying and Bailey started leaking! :P The chief's discomfort was funny! I actually thought the scene between Addison/Derek when she reveals her problem was funny and adorable. I do think they will end up splitting eventually but I hope they can remain friends. Mainly because I want Addison to stick around! lol

This episode kind of frustrated me.

First of all, the whole "I didn't know that I didn't want to until I didn't want to" is no excuse. George's feelings are obvious, even if Merideth didn't know he spelled it out to her when he walked into the room. YOU DON'T DO IT UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WANT TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there's the let's be friends issue. I am one who believes that it is possible to remain friends, but it's hard and it's not for everyone. If Derek and Merideth want to be friends they are going about it the wrong way. I feel like they are sneaking around by meeting at a "secret" location just to hang out. Kinda iffy. If Derek wants to stay with Addison, perhaps they need to make a little more effort, walk the dog with her once in a while. If he's not going to forgive Addison, what's the point? I really do want Derek and Addison to work things out and be together, but if that's not going to happen, he might as wellcut the ties and be with Meredith.

I totally agree. Meredith is in love with Derek and George knows that. By telling her how he feels, he was only hurting himself. He obviously knew that nothing could come of it since Meredith loves him, just not in the same way she loves Derek. And I completely see where Mere was coming from with the whole "I didn't know" thing. I can see how she thought that maybe what she wanted was in front of her the whole time and she just didn't realize it. But when she tried, she realized it wasn't right.

ETA: The whole thing with Addison was hilarious!!! :rotflmao: I was like "HA! You totally deserve that whore."
EXACTLY DACKLY!!!!!! To EVERYTHING you just said! Especially the Addison whore thing. LOL AMEN to that!!!!

Back