Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

2003: A Look Ahead

Discussion in 'Site-Related News' started by Azhria Lilu, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

2003: A Look Ahead

2002 was a great year, but now another great year is upon us. On December 31st we looked back on 2002, but today we are going to look forward to 2003.

Here are the top 5 Alias-related things we are looking forward to with 2003:

5. Daredevil - Jennifer Garner (Sydney Bristow) co-stars in this movie based on the comic book series. It opens Valentines day, and looks like it will be a great movie.

4. The post-superbowl episode and the new fans because of it - ABC has announced it will air Alias directly after this years superbowl, which it will also air. This will mean millions more people will watch it, and that means more fans. In addition, JJ Abrams (the creator of Alias) wrote this episode to be one of the best this year. We can't wait.

3. Alias on DVD - according to reports, Season 1 will come out around the time (probably just before) Season 3 begins. We can't wait for all of the episodes in good quality, and all of the extra features that should be included.

2. The Season 2 Finale - The season 2 finale was just great and JJ will probably throw us even more cliffhangers this year. This may make for a long summer, but it also makes great entertainment.

And the thing we look forward to the most in 2003:
    1. Season 3 Premiere - that is, if there is one. The starts of Season 2 and Season 1 were great, so we assume this one will be too. It also means an entire new Alias season.

Darn it, the thing we can't wait the most for is the last thing that we will see that is on this list :( :o

Anyway, these next things deserve honorable mention even though they didn't make this list:
    - Alias: A Secret Life - the sequel to Alias: Recruited, the Alias fiction novel.
    - Awards season (early 2003) - Alias did well last year,
    - Emmys 2003 - maybe it will finally take home a big award this year?
    - Alias #3 - the 3rd book in the Alias Fiction Series
    - Alias Action Figures - go on your own mssions with Sydney Bristow
    - Alias on PS2 - An Alias game may be coming to the PlatStation 2, but we're not sure.

Here's to a great year of Alias fun.

- The AllAlias.com Team

2. a.k.a.Kate_Jones

a.k.a.Kate_Jones Rocket Ranger

I can't wait for all those things!!!!!

3. aliaschica47

aliaschica47 Rocket Ranger

um im not really sure where to post this question so if somebody would answer it i would be forever grateful but I heard a couple rumors and went to a website that said the alias trading cards are out, and i was wondering if you can get them anywhere off line? like a certian store.....note to others..ive already cheked wizards,kbtoys,zany brainy and toys rus and they all said they didnt have them, so please answer my question or tell me where to post this

and i am lookin forward to all the stuff!!!!!!!hopefully sommore s/v to

4. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

They're already on sale, but I'm not sure where you could find them. Maybe a trading card store or comic book store.

5. Rascal

Rascal Scout

Hi Charlie,
    Great wish list! But one thing worries me....the reference to a third season in question. (Season 3 Premiere - that is, if there is one.) What gives? Do you something we don't?

6. ISpy10

ISpy10 Rocket Ranger

Question: When's the superbowl? Im also getting really excited for that episode!! :D :LOL: ^_^ :P :) :woot:

7. a.k.a.Kate_Jones

a.k.a.Kate_Jones Rocket Ranger

um..I think it's January 26th

8. verdantheart

verdantheart Guest

Yep. It's always near my birthday (the 25th).

9. agent hidden eyes

agent hidden eyes Rocket Ranger

its all good for the show and i hope better comes its way

10. Azhria Lilu

Well, I'm 90% certain there will be a season 3. This is because of ABC's huge investment in Alias, and it's Alias merch. contracts.

11. aliasrocks

aliasrocks Rocket Ranger

I cant wait until the second book and Daredevil the movie come out. One day my sisiter asked me why i was a ALIAS freak i just simply replied " Why arent you a ALIAS freak?"

12. Azhria Lilu

That's a very good response!

Anyway, I can't wait for a lot of the thing on the list, so it looks like it's going to be a great year in the Alias world!

13. Azhria Lilu

14. SydneyBristow201717

SydneyBristow201717 Rocket Ranger

I can't WAIT for the new books!

15. clarissima

clarissima Rocket Ranger

Not to be a pessimist, but remember dark angel? Yikes, the show did so terrible FOX canned it. I hope that doesn't happen to Alias. I am praying all the merchandising will help.

16. lollierockstar

lollierockstar Scout

I think once the first season comes out on dvd that more people will watch, becuase it can be really confusing to star a serise in the middle and not know what is going on.

17. clarissima

clarissima Rocket Ranger

That's a good idea, I've thought the same about the DVD for season 1. But it is coming out next fall, and by then they would have missed all of season 2....

18. Kara

Kara eternally nostalgic

I can't wait for Daredevil, I've been looking forward to it for 2 months! All that other stuff sounds great, I'm especially looking forward to the Alias Season One on DVD. That should be great, and it's about time, too. Hopefully the Superbowl episode will get lots of ratings and more fans, because we all know what happens to shows with low ratings. :( Not that Alias is at the bottom or anything, I'd just like to see some more people get interested in it, but I don't think as many people will because it's mid season, and the show is so hard to follow if you're just starting to watch mid-second season.

19. Azhria Lilu

Yeah, ABC should release the DVD ASAP so that people who start watching from the superbowl will be able to catch up on season 1!

20. Kara

Kara eternally nostalgic