Politics 2004 Presidential Election

itserica said:
i though the polls were supposed to close at a certain time...like 8 or 9 or something?
[post="1051745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

They usually are but in Ohio they kept them open for much longer.

Polls around here closed at 8pm - I saw some news footage that showed a worker pushing the doory shut and locking it right at 8:00 - I'm sure they're ready for the day to be over! :P

There are still absentee ballots to be counted though, and I heard one report say that absentee ballots are generally predominately Republican. Who knows if they'll make the difference though.

Aliasfix said:
Polls around here closed at 8pm - I saw some news footage that showed a worker pushing the doory shut and locking it right at 8:00 - I'm sure they're ready for the day to be over!  :P

There are still absentee ballots to be counted though, and I heard one report say that absentee ballots are generally predominately Republican.  Who knows if they'll make the difference though.
[post="1051754"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It might come down to those :what:

still 246-206

Bush is catching Kerry in Iowa and Wisconsin. Kerry is catching up to Bush in Ohio and New Mexico. New Hampshire is still led by Kerry.

Itz tha Dreila said:
Kerry better win Nevada, Colorado, and Ohio.
[post="1051758"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Bush already has Colorado, and according to CBS, he's ahead in Ohio. Kerry is in the lead in Nevada at this point.

FOX News is discussing that a tie is possible at 269 - in that case Bush would win (I forgot what they said, I think it's because they've won the Senate...).

It's all about what counties have not reported yet - Ohio in particular of course.

I'm monitoring with CNN, ABC, FOX News and MSNBC all at the same time:

ABCNews.com seems to be the fastest to project victories:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Elections2004/president.html

BTW, this is really fun... regardless of the outcome... I don't know how late I can stay up tonight... maybe I'll go to bed in an hour and try to wake up at 6 and get only about 4 hours of sleep.

pasta_sauce385 said:
Some of the polls were supposed to close earlier, but there were still a lot of people in line waiting to vote so they have to stay open for those people.
[post="1051762"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Pasta!! :eek:ldhi:

Hmm that makes sense. Heard the lines were horrible ^_^ Which is good i suppose

itserica said:
i though the polls were supposed to close at a certain time...like 8 or 9 or something?
[post="1051745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
in most states, you get to vote as long as you're in line by closing time. so if you're in line by 8, you get to vote no matter what time you finally get to a booth.

xdancer said:
in most states, you get to vote as long as you're in line by closing time.  so if you're in line by 8, you get to vote no matter what time you finally get to a booth.
[post="1051770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think there would be a 4 hour line though :confused:

Back