Politics 2004 Presidential Election

almost every scene in this movie was taken out of contex...this movie is basically just a 2 hour bash bush session...i dont think its worth paying 7 bucks to go see a movie that totaly butchers real life events. And i think Micheal Moore is a coward, if he is really that appauled at how the country is run, why doesn't he get off his lazy butt, and do something himself. While you might say that he is doing something in creating this movie, i disagree. The number of mistakes in this movie should make even people who don't support Bush hang their heads. While Moore does have the right to make this movie, the fact that he would release it during a war, where the last thing we need is for people to stop supporting our troops, makes me sick. I can't even express my dissapointment that one of our own would do something like this at this time.

I couldn't agree more with the above post.... I said it before and I'll say it again -- I'm absolutely baffled at the people in this country who can embrace a movie like this and the man who created it. :confused: Michael Moore states that this film is a call to true patriotism.... it's nothing more than HATRIOTISM. (That's my new favorite buzz word... ever since I read an article regarding Michael Moore and this film.... I posted the whole article under Fahrenheit 9/11 located in the movies forum on this site if anyone is interested in reading it. ;) )

• 1996: Two of Saddam's sons-in-law are killed on February 20th after they return from Jordan where they fled and exposed the campaign to hide banned weapons from the United Nations.

Whoops....i thought those weapons didn't exist.... :eek:

naive fools...

AliasHombre said:
• 1996: Two of Saddam's sons-in-law are killed on February 20th after they return from Jordan where they fled and exposed the campaign to hide banned weapons from the United Nations.

naive fools...
Ummm... they DO exist... we gave them to Iraq... the question is... where ARE they? :blink: Bush has successfully invaded another country and put us into a pointless war... so where are the WOMD? :confused:
--Edited to say: I just read your post over again... and that was in 1996... about 10 years ago... :thinking:

freakforalias said:
I couldn't agree more with the above post.... I said it before and I'll say it again -- I'm absolutely baffled at the people in this country who can embrace a movie like this and the man who created it. :confused: Michael Moore states that this film is a call to true patriotism.... it's nothing more than HATRIOTISM. (That's my new favorite buzz word... ever since I read an article regarding Michael Moore and this film.... I posted the whole article under Fahrenheit 9/11 located in the movies forum on this site if anyone is interested in reading it. ;) )
Well, would you rather it be censored? Would you rather it be hushed up because it points out some current problems in the American government? Should we all just run around blinding giving support to the government even though it supports bad policies and lies to the American public?

:confused:

Just because you point the flaws out in something great like the American government (whose cornerstone is based on 'freedom of speech'), doesn't make it hate. It's called 'dissension'. Two very, very different things.

sidneymichaelvaughn4ever said:
AliasHombre said:

naive fools...
Ummm... they DO exist... we gave them to Iraq... the question is... where ARE they? :blink: Bush has successfully invaded another country and put us into a pointless war... so where are the WOMD? :confused:
--Edited to say: I just read your post over again... and that was in 1996... about 10 years ago... :thinking:
of course they exist...otherwise why are there terrorists looking to buy weapons in Iraq

Dita said:
freakforalias said:
I couldn't agree more with the above post.... I said it before and I'll say it again -- I'm absolutely baffled at the people in this country who can embrace a movie like this and the man who created it.  :confused:  Michael Moore states that this film is a call to true patriotism.... it's nothing more than HATRIOTISM.  (That's my new favorite buzz word... ever since I read an article regarding Michael Moore and this film.... I posted the whole article under Fahrenheit 9/11 located in the movies forum on this site if anyone is interested in reading it.  ;) )
Well, would you rather it be censored? Would you rather it be hushed up because it points out some current problems in the American government? Should we all just run around blinding giving support to the government even though it supports bad policies and lies to the American public?

Just because you point the flaws out in something great like the American government (whose cornerstone is based on 'freedom of speech'), doesn't make it hate. It's called 'dissension'. Two very, very different things.
Thank you, Dita.

Just because there might be flaws or overexaggerations doesn't mean that most of it isn't true.

Of course there are going to be some flaws, Moore is afterall a moviemaker, and a very opinionated moviemaker, so he is going to do whatever he can to get his opinion across.

I heard on a Sunday morning news program that the movie is chronologically incorrect. Moore took actual, REAL events and placed them strategically in the movie next to other events to make them look worse. It's called editing.

That's the main problem with documentaries. We usually only get one side of the story and the director is free to do with the information as he pleases. But (like I think was stated before) let's see someone try to the opposite view and do a positive movie about Bush.

AliasHombre said:
cestmoi713 said:
AliasHombre said:
One premise of the movie, that Bush hooked up the Bin Laden fmily with flights out of the country while flights were grounded, is completely a lie.
And how do you know this for sure?
Becasue Bush didnt hook them up. Its a fact
Are you positive its a fact? Because considering some of the things our government has been doing... well, anything could happen!

Dita said:

Every one has the right to express their opinions about the government. The problem is, though it does bash the bush administration, it also bashes our troops. that is the last thing we need right now, i just think theree could have been a better time to release this, not during war.

agentjbristow47 said:
Dita said:
Well, would you rather it be censored?  Would you rather it be hushed up because it points out some current problems in the American government?  Should we all just run around blinding giving support to the government even though it supports bad policies and lies to the American public?

Just because you point the flaws out in something great like the American government (whose cornerstone is based on 'freedom of speech'), doesn't make it hate.  It's called 'dissension'.  Two very, very different things.
Every one has the right to express their opinions about the government. The problem is, though it does bash the bush administration, it also bashes our troops. that is the last thing we need right now, i just think theree could have been a better time to release this, not during war.
I wouldn't say it's bashing the troops. It certainly wasn't bashing the boy who died. It was showing some of the faults, or at least what I would consider faults, such as the boys with their CDs rocking out while they kill people... which kind of made me sick.

SiriCerasi said:
AliasHombre said:
cestmoi713 said:
AliasHombre said:
One premise of the movie, that Bush hooked up the Bin Laden fmily with flights out of the country while flights were grounded, is completely a lie.
"It's a fact"

Says who. You? :confused: :rolleyes: :laughbounce:
says Richard Clarke, the person who authorized those flights, and the person made to look like a hero in the movie. It wasn't Bush, or anyone in the white house

AliasHombre said:
SiriCerasi said:
AliasHombre said:
cestmoi713 said:
AliasHombre said:
"It's a fact"

Says who. You? :confused: :rolleyes: :laughbounce:
says Richard Clarke, the person who authorized those flights, and the person made to look like a hero in the movie. It wasn't Bush, or anyone in the white house
Not only did Richard Clarke (who doesn't even like Bush) claim full and sole responsibillty, the flights in question took place after normal air travel had resumed.

Another thing you have to realised is that the Bin Laden family is huge, Osama has something along the line of a hundred brothers and sisters, and very few of his relatives are involved with Al Qaeda

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
nothing about politics is "fact". most of it is just blatant propaganda and embellished lies.
sounds like farenhiet 911

there are plenty of facts in politics.

for example, its fact that the top 50 percent of wage earners pay 96.03% of all federal income taxes.

fact, pure and simple.

AliasHombre said:
G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
nothing about politics is "fact". most of it is just blatant propaganda and embellished lies.

for example, its fact that the top 50 percent of wage earners pay 96.03% of all federal income taxes.

fact, pure and simple.
Is that a political fact or an economical fact?

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
AliasHombre said:
G$f3arl3ssG$ said:

fact, pure and simple.
Is that a political fact or an economical fact?
its a fact when used in a political ring

Back