2005 Primetime Emmys

Grr...I was SO ANGRY with the Emmy's las night!!! Jen didn't win, Terry and Naveen didn't win, Kiefer didn't win....serioulsy, all of my catergories lost. The only 2 that actually won what I wanted were Direction for a drama series (yea JJ, at least that is kinda alias....., and Drama Series, although i LOVE 24, but at least one of the two won)

I wanted Jen to win soooo bad, and that person who won...seriously, was she like "hello, in case everyone else forgot today was FLOCK OF SEAGULS night!" Anyway, there is always next year...

(and Victor didnt win, even thought it wasnt for Alias...)

*Heres to a better year next year.....

Not impressed at all -_-

Some of the jokes/speeches were good, and I liked the tributes, but the actual awards sucked, well aside from the 2 given to The Daily Show and the one for writing for Arrested Development.

Jeffery Tambor should've won best supporting actor in a comedy. Brad Garrett is funny on everybody loves Raymond, but I can't help feeling that they won because it is their last season, not for the quality of the show/acting.

Jessica Walter should've won for best supporting actress in a comedy, but then again it was given to an Everybody Loves Raymond alum.

I'm probably going to get the smack down for this, but Jennifer Garner should not have won best drama...sorry. I love the show, but she wasn't up to par with some of the other actresses in the category. I don't think Patricia Arquette should've gotten it either. Glenn Close was absolutely amazing in The Shield...and was certainly robbed.

CCH Pounder should've won for her role in The Shield.

Zach Braff or Jason Bateman should've won for best comedy actor. They're both hilarious. And both very deserving...they just seem to be overlooked.

I think Scrubs or Arrested Development should've won for best comedy. I lean towards Scrubs, just because they've never won before and they've been robbed. It's a hilarious show that critics love, but just continues to be snubbed.

I'm tired of James Spader winning. I've never watched Boston Legal...but I know it's not my kind of thing, and I was hoping for Keifer.

I wanted 24 for best drama...but I figured Lost would win.

I'm glad Felicity Huffman won. Her, Marcia Cross, and Eva Longoria are by far the funniest women on that show. It was very refreshing to see someone other than Terri Hatcher win.

I hate the varitey, musical, and comedy show category...I don't think it's fair. You have these award shows and special events that go on for like one day up against shows that are on every single weekday, and of course the big specials win. While those take a lot of planning, it seems like doing something everyday would need a lot of work too. I think they should break that category up. Too many good late night comedy shows (namely The Daily Show) aren't getting their dues.

So obviously I was unimpressed with the awards. I'm not with the decision makers on this one. They choose the same people year after year and it just gets a little bit old.

Natalia said:
Speaking English as opposed to what language? :confused:
[post="1492751"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm sorry I should had worded it better. I have seen HL in several movies, before I saw him in House where he spoke with his perfect english accent. I think he does such a good job as House with an American accent that when I hear him speak with an english accent is now seems strange.

The Emmies were mostly boring, which was good because I got some studying done.

My highlights were:
Hugh Jackman winning- Go Broadway!
Jon Stewart in general. (His "edgy" video made me crack up way more than Ellen's monologue, as did the reaching down the pants.)
Felicity Huffman's acceptance speech. (She was so adorable!)
Johnny Carson tribute- I cried

WTF moments:
Donald Trump in overalls singing Green Acres.
When the old lady from Everybody Loves Raymond brought her grandsons onstage.
William Shatner and that opera lady singing Star Trek. (Actually I guess the whole Emmy Idol thing was a WTF moment for me.)

I'm a huge fan of Jen...and think that she is so deserving if not for last year but for all 4 years that she has put into Sydney Bristow and Alias. WTF....PA?????
Glenn Close I could see...she is such a good actress and was robbed at the Oscars by Cher.

Very happy Flecity Huffman, JJ and LOST won. I love Ellen, but she has been better. Her opening was good, but the rest was somewhat lacking.

Somehow I watch the EMMY's every year and end up hating the EMMY's every year! It is so fixed.

Man, Jennifer was SO robbed! She's poured her heart and soul into Sydney Bristow through the years, and nothing! I mean, Season 4 may not have been her best preformance, but I think she did a pretty damn good job! If she didn't win, I wanted Mariska Hargitay to win, because Olivia Benson on SVU is just... amazing. She and Sydney Bristow are my all time favorite TV characters, and they both did stunning jobs ;) I figured Glenn Close would win, because she is an amazing actress, but I DID NOT expect Patricia Arquette to win. I like Medium, and she does a good job in it, but over someone like Jen or Mariska who have been doing Alias and SVU for years? I'm sorry, but that seems really unfair to me.

I'm so happy that JJ won for directing, and that LOST won for best drama. My brother is a 24 freak and is always saying "Oh, JJ Abrams sucks! Both Alias and LOST are the biggest jokes in the world! They have to be the crappiest TV shows ever created!" so when LOST won over 24, I was happy. He shut his mouth right away :lol:

I'm so glad that Felicity Huffman won, because besides Eva Longoria (who got robbed as well,) she is the funniest in my opinion. I was just so happy to see her win :smiley:

I LOVED Jon Stewart's little video! It was the funniest thing all night! Jon is soooooo funny, and I'm so glad that the Daily Show won, because they totally deserve it. The video just had me rotflmao :lol:

I have to say that Ellen didn't really impress me. I'm a big fan of her's, and I think she's one of the funniest comedians of all time, but she didn't "Wow!" me last night. She could have done a better job.

The Emmy's sucked pretty bad this year, as they usually do. All of the deserving actors/actresses get robbed, and I'm really tired of it. I still don't think Jen got robbed as bad as Lena Olin did. You cannot tell me that Irina Derevko doesn't deserve an Emmy, and I'm still fuming about that :angry:

OMG the only reason I actaully watched the emmys was 2 c if Jen would win, but no some stupid chick who's hair looked like a birds nest had to win :angry:. After that I didn't watch anymore, lol. After all these years of alias I'm amazed she hasn't won an emmy, that's felgercarb. She derserves it, she is so good at being Sydney.

~Andrea :D

(n) poor Jen...she deserves an Emmy!
And Sydney bristow too!Becuase she's on eof the most interesting and amazing character on tv of tha last few years!!!

i live in italy and so I can't see the show!

Can you tell me what jen said on the red carpet during her interview?
please!
Help a poor italian fan of alias!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you guys!
I love your posts!

Hibou said:
I really hope Jen wins next year...considering the whole last season thing...
[post="1493304"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Don't hold your breath. As my screen-name says, I'm the head cheerleader for Ms. Garner's Emmy campaign, but if she hasn't won yet, especially for seasons one or two, she probably won't win. Call me cynical, but at this point I would be very surprised if her name were to be called. But I will say this in all seriousness, it has to be an honor to be nominated, especially 4 years in a row. Of all the actresses on televison dramas, to be considered one of the five best is pretty good. (y)

I can't believe Jen didn't win!!! God, that makes me so mad!!
She did great acting as Sydney Bristow in Alias over the years, she really deserves an Emmy.
I only watched it to see if she won. It was a hell of a rip off when she didn't, i thought it was a freakin joke the whole thing. She is the best actress...arggh i'm furious!!!!
Who gets to choose who wins an award anyways?????
If it was up to the fans...man i know she would have won!!!
Plus she looked beautiful in that gorgeous dress...pretty sad i didn't get to know if she's having a boy or a girl...she told Star or someone on the red carpet that she knows the sex of the baby but is going to keep it a secret. Hope she has a girl!!

Caz said:
Who gets to choose who wins an award anyways?????
[post="1493944"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Members of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. It's their awards show. It's basically a professional organization designed for the members to congratulate themselves once a year--like the Oscars or the Grammys. Generally I only subject myself to the Oscars, but because of the nominations for Alias, I'd tuned into the Emmys the past few years. I didn't tune in this time, though . . .

I don't pay too much attention to who wins; I don't expect the members' opinion to match my own. There are a lot of factors that go into who wins in a category--tradition (winners tend to repeat--don't know who to vote for? vote for a previous winner), popularity among the voters (sometimes a being popular is more important than being good . . . but not always), sentiment (the last year for a favorite show; an actor died, etc), the showiness of the subject matter (did the performance entail a lot of histrionics? drunk scenes? mad scenes? crying? illness/disability/death? angry yelling and screaming? that might be a bigger vote-getter than the probably more difficult task of drawing the audience in with quiet intensity) and, of course, ability--and that is, of course, in the eye of the beholder. My idea of best might not be yours. ;)

So, not too disappointed here. It would have been gratifying to see Ms Garner win, but that's how things go.
✌️

Saw this in USA Today.... It's Priceless!!!!

Inside, Alias star Greg Grunberg secured a spot near the stage to watch Elliott perform at 10:45 p.m. His prediction for best-dramatic-actress nominee    Jennifer Garner: "She'll name her baby Emmy, and she'll have her Emmy."

Ya just gotta love that Greg Grunberg!! :woot:

hehe i love greg grunberg!! :D

omg!! i was so maaaad that JG didnt win!! but i thought it was real cute how she was lookin at ben right b4 the winner was annonced (btw y da hell did patricia arquette win??...how does she deserve it more than JG??) and did anyone c how her eyebrows just shot up in shock wen patrici arquette's name was called!! JG CAN KICK HER ASS ANYDAY...SYDNEY BRISTOW STYLE!!! and im really glad jj and lost and house won.

Back