2006 Winter Olympics

Who else would replace her?! :blink: Please not Katy Taylor (she won at four continents :rolleyes: ) She's so... :o_O: :lol: but I don't think she's old enough anyways. ;) and BB Liang hasn't been skating THAT well. ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

It's going to be Emily. :smiley: Michelle withdrew sometime early this morning, and they decided to replace her with Emily. Which is how it should've been to begin with.

:lol: OMG Janet... I hated Tara Lipinski too -- with the passion off 1,000 white hot suns....

And now I can't even get excited about the skating because Michelle Kwan pulled out.... :sadangel: It makes me sad....

Yay an Australia girl came 16th in that freestyle moguls or whatever those bump things are called woohoo!! I am hoping like hell that Alysa Camplin can defend her olympic title and pick up gold in the aerials that would be the best even If she just gets a medal!

All I want is for Australia to get one medal I don't care which colour

Forget Ice Skating...I loved the Flying Tomato! Anyone see him? Awesome!

He was soo awesome! I love the snowboarding anyways, but the Flying Tomato was particularly fun to watch. And his interview afterwards was just so cool and normal. I must admit though, I have a crush on Danny Kass...he's a cutie :blush:

Loved watching the women tonight. I wish I could do the things they do on a snowboard...sadly though, I can barely make it down the mountain without falling.

Also enjoyed the skating. Not a surprise that the Russians and Chinese were beautiful...but I really enjoyed the young Canadian pair (forgot their names)...and of course the Americans, because I'm biased :P

Speedskating is awesome too. Was quite disappointed that Apolo got tripped up last night. But was so happy about Chad Hedrick and Joey Cheek! They did amazing. My friend has a cousin who is doing speedskating so I'm excited about seeing him compete, I think he's doing the team pursuit.

All in all I must say that Olympic fever has definitely sunk in. I can't get enough...and I'm usually a summer Olympic fan! ^_^

He was soo awesome! I love the snowboarding anyways, but the Flying Tomato was particularly fun to watch. And his interview afterwards was just so cool and normal. I must admit though, I have a crush on Danny Kass...he's a cutie :blush:

Loved watching the women tonight. I wish I could do the things they do on a snowboard...sadly though, I can barely make it down the mountain without falling.

Also enjoyed the skating. Not a surprise that the Russians and Chinese were beautiful...but I really enjoyed the young Canadian pair (forgot their names)...and of course the Americans, because I'm biased :P

Speedskating is awesome too. Was quite disappointed that Apolo got tripped up last night. But was so happy about Chad Hedrick and Joey Cheek! They did amazing. My friend has a cousin who is doing speedskating so I'm excited about seeing him compete, I think he's doing the team pursuit.

All in all I must say that Olympic fever has definitely sunk in. I can't get enough...and I'm usually a summer Olympic fan! ^_^

:baa: Danny Kass is soooo cute :love:

Zhang and Zhang tonight just made me go. :thud: (I watched the entire thing twice, on NBC and CBC) and I just felt sick each time after she fell even though I knew she was gonna come down the second time around. :thud: and it's interesting the difference in the commentaries between Canadians and Americans.... I think i'll just leave it at that. :P

I have Olympic fever too. It's sick and so wrong but... it's a sickness I say. Sickness. :lol: Can't wait till Hockey semi-finals. I don't really have the time to watch the qualifying rounds. ;)

Apolo and Jeremy Bloom go tonight in their respective sports. But I don't know how I'm gonna watch the Olympics and OTH and Lost.....if only I had Tivo.

Emily Hughes had a program ready. Before she got word about Kwan, she was practicing for Worlds. Even if she doesn't do well in Turino, it'll be invaluable experience for her, 'cause I'm sure we'll be seeing her in 4 years at the next winter games.

It seems like the US skating team is in a transitional phase. Most of the skaters are up-and-comers who are under the age of 22 or so.

I went to high school with Evan Lysacek (he was two years below me, but my best friend had history with him), so I'm thrilled that he rebounded from that dismal short program to finish 4th overall. Good for him.

When I turned on the skating last night, I saw that Evan had rebounded and I was praying that he'd get the bronze but oh well.

It's cool you went to the same school.....no one cool went to my high school

Ummm canada's 4th now... :blink:

I have to say, I'm glad Evan didn't get Bronze because if he did that'd would mean that Jeff Buttle wouldn't have gotten bronze. ;) just a tad biased here. :lol:

Jeff is amazing. I cheered against everyone I normally like...well, most Johnny.

Does anyone watch hockey? It's my LIFE, hahha.

But I've been watching everything CBC airs of the Olympics so far :thud:

Emily Hughes had a program ready. Before she got word about Kwan, she was practicing for Worlds. Even if she doesn't do well in Turino, it'll be invaluable experience for her, 'cause I'm sure we'll be seeing her in 4 years at the next winter games.

It seems like the US skating team is in a transitional phase. Most of the skaters are up-and-comers who are under the age of 22 or so.

I went to high school with Evan Lysacek (he was two years below me, but my best friend had history with him), so I'm thrilled that he rebounded from that dismal short program to finish 4th overall. Good for him.

Transitional phase. That's a diplomatic way of putting it. This was a sad, sad olympic for the US, where figure skating was concerned. Gone were the super star of yesteryear. Micheal Kwan made a hearbreaking exit from the figure skating world. Sasha Cohen is not sure if she's coming back in 4 years. And what we are left with are the likes of Kimmie Miessner, and Emily Hughes, neither of whom has the experience nor the grace of Sasha or Kwan. I think it will be many years before the united states can make another strong showing. I thought both Emily and Kimmie's programs lacked spark. But then they are young, and early on they tend to focus more on their technical elements. The artistic aspects will come later.

This is definitely gonna be a new generation of skaters, skating to a new standard. IT's almost fitting that the old judging system is retired around the same time that all of the old guard like Kwan and Cohen and Hughes are stepping off the stage, and making way for the next wave of skaters. I still remember fondly the days of watching greats like Brian Boitano, Kristy Yamaguchi, Paul Willie, Kurt Browning, and Katarina Witt skating their heart out. Things are definitely changing...

Back