• In the days ahead we will be doing a mass pruning of user accounts that have never posted in the forums. If you have not yet posted, please do so soon to prevent your account from being deleted!

2008 Rank The Movies Thread

Mojo

Rocket Ranger
I'll stick to the summer for right now... my top 5 list looks like:

1. The Dark Knight
2. WALL-E
3. Iron Man
4. Wanted
5. The Incredible Hulk/Kung-Fu Panda (TIE)

I just saw Mama Mia! in the theater with my wife and kids, and... yeah. I don't know. Actually, it was pretty good. Better than I expected. It may arguably end up at #5, if I can justify it to myself...

How would you rate the movies released in 2008 so far?

Tom

An Old Friend
1. The Dark Knight - Agreed - And I don't like the previous Batman movies
WALL-E - I have it but have not watched it yet
2. Iron Man - I liked it but it was far below Dark Knight
Wanted - ahh, more of the cookie cutter action felgercarb - Nice twist at the end (Or should I say CURVE)
The Incredible Hulk - A little better than the first one, a little
Kung-Fu Panda - cute but predictable - the kids liked it

StarShip Troopers 3 - Fell back into line with the first ST and it should have been #2 in the series. Wouldn't pay box office prices but I may buy the dvd for the special features and to complete my collection

Doomsday - Agressive assault on my senses - raw and gritty I might watch it again but won't buy it

Comet Impact - A refreshing scientific based comet impact story. I posted about it at one of my forums and may look for the dvd to buy for my collection. I submitted it to the Bad Astronomer for a review.

Hancock - Cute but very low on my superhero movie list. I would probably buy the old batman movies before I buy this. It was watchable but left me wanting.

Hellboy 2 - Ok this was Hellboy - It ranks up in the top just because I like Perlman. The movie itself was not that great. Nobody is that stupid - even if they are part fish.

Mutant Chronicles - Ron Perlman, I liked the dystopian feel of the movie, Some good twists and I think it should be made into a series or something - Rates pretty high on my list.

Machine Girl - LOL, there is blood, LOL

Journey To The Center of the Earth 3d - Fun, but Brendon Fraiser is fun to watch. I will probably buy the dvd.

Mummy 3 - No carma, Had some good spots and will be joining my other 2 dvds when it comes out. Cool Dragon - Jet Li 's skills were under used.

Doomsday 2012 - Religious messages thru-out the movie. Felt like a scifi channel movie.

War of the Worlds 2 - I fell asleep...Twice

Man From Earth - Same as K-Pax. Interesting dialogs, Watchable but no action scences at all. The end was sweet and sensitive.

Semum - Horror demon thriller - haven't watched it yet

10,000bc - I have had it for a few months but still haven't watched it.

TinMan - I know it is TV but I watched it as one long movie and I was sorely impressed. I'll never be able to watch the Wizard of Oz again.