Tom

An Old Friend
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810045661/video/14045555/standardformat/

An academic researcher leads a group of people in a fight to counteract the apocalyptic events that were predicted by the ancient Mayan calendar. Cast includes: John Cusack, Amanda Peet, and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
2012 is directed and co-written by epic German filmmaker Roland Emmerich, of films like Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Patriot, The Day After Tomorrow, and 10,000 B.C. previosuly. It was also co-written by Harald Kloser, of The Thirteenth Floor, The Day After Tomorrow, Alien vs Predator, and 10,000 B.C. as well. Sony Pictures is bringing 2012 to theaters everywhere on November 13th this year!

Bmfs

Bryan Sarrasin
Re: 2012 Holy mackerel trailer

Spaceships? Wait, what?
From watching the real trailer, my theory is that those are some type of vessel designed to take people into space to keep them safe. That's just a stab in the dark, though.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member

From watching the real trailer, my theory is that those are some type of vessel designed to take people into space to keep them safe. That's just a stab in the dark, though.
I see what you mean; between the shots of the animals being air lifted (giraffe explicitly) and the mob of people rushing to get into the vehicle, it does appear to be some type of arc to save the remanants of mankind (and is confirmed by the scene at around 1:30). Now whether it is a space bound ship or some type of vehicle that will remain Earth bound is up in the air.

Bmfs

Bryan Sarrasin

Now whether it is a space bound ship or some type of vehicle that will remain Earth bound is up in the air.
That's fair. I think the word "spaceship" in the humor trailer combined with seeing your Wall E Sig (subconsciously?) affected my decision that they were going into space. :) It didn't seem as though there were a lot of shots of other planes, so an airship is easily another possibility, though I suppose it could also be some kind of hybrid transport that could be submerged or airborne, too!

Honestly at this point I'm more interested in knowing what the "ark" is than I am in seeing the flick, haha.

Tim

Creative Writer
I was trying to explain to my son that the 2012 predictions of apocalypse where just stories made up to scare people. Not that many of us here really believe them. Or do we?

Anyhow, I went on wiki and found this entry:

The alarmist claims of imminent doom made by Sony Pictures in their fictional publicity for the forthcoming film 2012 are not supported by reputable independent academic research.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction

We're all hoping the film turns out to be a satisfying experience though.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
The marketing has begun.

http://www.theihc.com

Search YouTube for "IHC 2012" and you'll get a bunch of hits that look like real commercials but are really part of the movie marketing machine.

Example clip....

olla86

Cadet
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810045661/video/14045555/standardformat/

An academic researcher leads a group of people in a fight to counteract the apocalyptic events that were predicted by the ancient Mayan calendar. Cast includes: John Cusack, Amanda Peet, and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
2012 is directed and co-written by epic German filmmaker Roland Emmerich, of films like Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Patriot, The Day After Tomorrow, and 10,000 B.C. previosuly. It was also co-written by Harald Kloser, of The Thirteenth Floor, The Day After Tomorrow, Alien vs Predator, and 10,000 B.C. as well. Sony Pictures is bringing 2012 to theaters everywhere on November 13th this year!
Very intriguing comments! Thanks for such competent advice! It will be very interesting production:P

Top Bottom