Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Tom, Jul 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810045661/video/14045555/standardformat/

An academic researcher leads a group of people in a fight to counteract the apocalyptic events that were predicted by the ancient Mayan calendar. Cast includes: John Cusack, Amanda Peet, and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
    2012 is directed and co-written by epic German filmmaker Roland Emmerich, of films like Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Patriot, The Day After Tomorrow, and 10,000 B.C. previosuly. It was also co-written by Harald Kloser, of The Thirteenth Floor, The Day After Tomorrow, Alien vs Predator, and 10,000 B.C. as well. Sony Pictures is bringing 2012 to theaters everywhere on November 13th this year!

2. Bmfs

Bmfs Bryan Sarrasin

3. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

4. Bmfs

Bmfs Bryan Sarrasin

Re: 2012 Holy mackerel trailer

From watching the real trailer, my theory is that those are some type of vessel designed to take people into space to keep them safe. That's just a stab in the dark, though.

5. Kevin

I see what you mean; between the shots of the animals being air lifted (giraffe explicitly) and the mob of people rushing to get into the vehicle, it does appear to be some type of arc to save the remanants of mankind (and is confirmed by the scene at around 1:30). Now whether it is a space bound ship or some type of vehicle that will remain Earth bound is up in the air.

6. Bmfs

Bmfs Bryan Sarrasin

That's fair. I think the word "spaceship" in the humor trailer combined with seeing your Wall E Sig (subconsciously?) affected my decision that they were going into space. :) It didn't seem as though there were a lot of shots of other planes, so an airship is easily another possibility, though I suppose it could also be some kind of hybrid transport that could be submerged or airborne, too!

Honestly at this point I'm more interested in knowing what the "ark" is than I am in seeing the flick, haha.

7. Kevin

The international trailer for 2012 has dropped...

... and the updated US trailer:

8. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I like destruction and mayhem in my EOTW movies!

9. Kevin

Heck, yeah. If Mother Earth is going out in 2012, then she might as well go out with a bang instead of a wimper. :D

10. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

I was trying to explain to my son that the 2012 predictions of apocalypse where just stories made up to scare people. Not that many of us here really believe them. Or do we?

Anyhow, I went on wiki and found this entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction

We're all hoping the film turns out to be a satisfying experience though.

11. Kevin

The marketing has begun.

http://www.theihc.com

Search YouTube for "IHC 2012" and you'll get a bunch of hits that look like real commercials but are really part of the movie marketing machine.

Example clip....

12. olla86

olla86 Scout

Very intriguing comments! Thanks for such competent advice! It will be very interesting production:p

13. LeRolls

LeRolls Rocket Ranger

Seems like one of those movies that's meant to be seen in the theater. Wonder how much money it'll make.