745 artists, 21,130 plays & 4,747 loved tracks

My Top 5 Artists:
1. Nazareth 572 plays
2. Scorpions 566 plays
3. Michael Stanley 529 plays
4. Shooting Star 481 plays
5. UFO 460 plays

My Top 5 Albums:
* Yngwie MalmsteenMalm Mix 126 plays ( The mix file has been removed in favor of the respective album titles)
1. NazarethClose Enough For Rock 'N' Roll 92 Plays
2. IcehouseSidewalk 84 plays
3. Shooting StarBest of Shooting Star 80 plays
4. Deep PurpleListen, Learn, Read On 73 plays
5. Shooting StarSilent Scream 72 plays

My Top 10 Tracks:
1. ScorpionsAlways Somewhere 22 plays
2. Sniff 'n' the Tearsbride of the wind 22 plays
3. Sniff 'n' the TearsLooking For You 21 plays
4. KixDon't Close Your Eyes 20 plays
5. Sniff 'n' the Tears5 and Zero 20 plays
6. ScorpionsRhythm Of Love 19 plays
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double TroubleLife Without You 19 plays
8. SteelheartSAY NO MORE 19 plays
9. JourneySweet and Simple 19 plays
10. Roger HodgsonOnly Because Of You 19 plays

• Scrobbles per day (average)

Nah, It's not an age thing, it's a last.fm thing.
They have a WMP add-on that records the music you play to your last.fm profile.
One of the features I use on last.fm is that I share my personal radio with people.
The personal radio selections (which play thru spotify) are taken from your listening history aka your library which is scrobbled everytime you play a song for at least 50% entirety.

The last time I scrobbled my entire library was 2012 when I opened this account.

Last year (2015) I gained a lot of new music. I am scrobbling my library again to get the newest music that I haven't already scrobbled into my radio channel.
This means that I have to play at least 1/2 of each song for it to register.
One of the benefits that I persoanlly use is the related music finder. Its partially why I have so much new music now. In conjunctiion with the music map...
Music-Map - The Tourist Map of Music
I am on constant watch for music I have never heard but is similar to what I like.

In addition, the scrobbler app gives me band history, popularity and album art.
It allows me to set tags, create playlists and track what my friends are listening to.
I have friends that share my music intrests all over the world (Mostly Russia and Austrailia).

I find that the scrobbling feature surpasses the pandora experience.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Other than Amazon Prime Radio I'm not utilizing any of the radio services like last.fm or Spotify or the others so I'm not familiar with the different features they have.

Currently scrobbling the first band in my library
.38 Special

I have 140 songs totalling 11.4 hours.
15 labeled albums (some are not complete)
Averaging 3.5 stars out of 5 possible.

Home | 38 Special

Highlights include

I like Donnie's music but his brother Ronnie is much much better (Lynyrd Skynryd)

Here is a screenshot of the beginning of the task ahead of me - I will be at this for awhile (weeks)

scrobbling1151638special.jpg

Last edited:
I did an entire collection zip backup in November 2015 for archive. Its how I found out I have almost a terrabyte of music now. I have a 8gb thumb drive in my truck radio. Looking for a low-profile thumb drive that is 32 gb for an upgrade. I have 5 playlists that range from romantic to heavy metal to world trance.

I buy, borrow and rip music whenever I find something I like. Ant Downloader rips HD streams from youtube and there has yet to be a song I can't find on youtube. Streamripper in WinAmp rips radio shows from radio station websites and shoutcast. Audacity splits those radio shows into songs which are then tagged in CDDB and scrobbled into my library at last.fm.
I have bought over 200 cds at yard sales and flea markets that I give away once I rip them. I always rip at the highest quality.
I never sell my music or make copies - I will make you a cd if you ask me but I give it to you - thus I am not infringing copyrights.
90% of the music I have is available for free on youtube anyway.
Besides, I paid for it all when I paid for internet access. $62 a month.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Other than Amazon Prime Radio I'm not utilizing any of the radio services like last.fm or Spotify or the others so I'm not familiar with the different features they have.
Amazon Prime and satellite systems are nice but not as customizeable.
Pandora is nice but is limited concerning your favorite music.
Once you start scrobbling your music - your radio station plays your music randomly.
The more you scrobble the closer it is to what you really like. (Based on number of plays)
In addition, you can play the band radio - which is music related to that particular band.
On the last.fm website you can see what the world is listening to (Justin Bieber?) and see what is trending geographically.
Shoutcast radio (a different source) gives you a popularity of music by region.
I found PsyTrance and GoaPsyTrance thru shoutcast.
I have found some really good ambient music for evenings from India and some rather catchy tunes from Japan.
Its all about broadening your horizons.

Last.Fm had a major overhaul right about the time that Coolscifi went to AlienSoup. The site is cleaner and more detailed but it lost lots of album art and the ability to add to the site. It is still revisioning and those features will probably return because what makes it special is the ability to customize.

Here is a screenshot of the Friends tab in the scrobbler

Scrobblinffriends_1.jpg

Freinds from Chile, Russia, The UK and France to show just a few.
Two are currently scrobbling which means the are on right now and jammin

Oh BTW, A track scrobbles at 4 minutes if it is longer than 8 minutes so the Sturgis concert scrobbled at 4 minutes.

Skipping thru the country music I have because frankly, I don't care for it.
Onto Abba:
This is where I go silent till tommorrow.

Wow, just had a scare. I've been scrobbling non-stop for the last few days. Currently scrobbling my Alvin Lee Collection. I went to Last.FM to check related songs to the one I was listening to and my entire library was gone!
I went to 4 of my most related listening friends pages and all their libraries were gone too.
Went to the help forums and page after page of people lost their libraries too.
I went back to my profile and it was all back and never missed a song. WHEW!
Went back to the help forums and everyone has theirs back too.
I have 22,000 songs in my history but there are people that have over 500K.
Good thing they have a back up but still no word on what exactly happened?

Well, Back to it then...

Back