Sports 2016 Summer Olympics - Rio

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
So, just saw that Michael Phelps has qualified for his fifth Olympics team! :eek: That's a pretty impressive feat of it's own considering how young most Olympic athletes are these days.

Hopefully as they get closer to the game starting Rio will start getting more positive news stories. So far in the past few weeks alone I've saw stories about body parts washing up on the beach where some volleyball games will be played, a Paralympic athlete was robbed of her bicycle at gunpoint, the mayor of Rio is asking the government for cash in a hurry to help finish some of the construction that is still ongoing but is needed for the games, more reporters not going to the games for fear of crime & the Zika outbreak, and the waters that will be used for some of the sailing & swimming games are still polluted if not worse then before! Yikes! :wtf:

Olympics 2016: Rio police warn tourists - CNN.com :eek:
Rio police tell tourists they won't be able to protect them

The message from police to tourists is clear: We won't be able to protect you.
The state's police officers vented their anger Monday with a sign saying, "Welcome to Hell," outside Rio's main airport. "Police and firefighters don't get paid, whoever comes to Rio de Janeiro will not be safe," the sign said.

The opening ceremonies are tonight. Though I'm a sports fan I'll likely watch this with Mrs. Kevin tonight.

The opening ceremonies are tonight. Though I'm a sports fan I'll likely watch this with Mrs. Kevin tonight.
And they were pretty interesting to watch if for no either reason than to learn that Brazil thinks they were the first to flight and not the Wright brothers in the USA.

Back