Votes: 0 0.0%
  • United States

• Canada

• Other

• Total voters
The forum supports Chinese characters 所以可以用國字 huo zhe yong pin yin.

如果您要用拼音﹐漢語拼音是最常用的。而且﹐漢語拼音也是全世界正式的拼音系統。

我也要邀請大家不要為了簡體和正體字而吵鬧。這裡是讓懂中文的人來互相溝通﹐學習。

Translation: The forum supports Chinese characters so we can use them or Pinyin. If you want to use Pinyin, Hanyu Pinyin is the most widely used. Furthermore, it is the official standard of Pinyin internationally. I also want to invite everyone to not argue about the usage of Simplified and Traditional Chinese.This is a place for people who understand Chinese to come together and mutually communicate and learn.

Edited Jun 17, 2009

You know Mandarin (or at least the westernized alphabet version, I don’t think AA can accept Chinese characters)? Cool!

That's especially interesting since I'm going to China as a school group over spring break (for two weeks)!

lol! i know cantanese, but not mangerin, i never knew there was english for it... lol, maybe there is, usually with phonetics ppl get confused with cantanese, so never tried

Charlie said:
You know Mandarin (or at least the westernized alphabet version, I don’t think AA can accept Chinese characters)? Cool!

That's especially interesting since I'm going to China as a school group over spring break (for two weeks)!
actually, the Western alphabetized version I'm not quite sure how to write it, but i know some of the traditional Chinese characters and a very few amount of simplified Chinese.

where are you going in China? Shanghai? Beijing? Hong Kong? Macao?

the_alliance said:
Charlie said:

actually, the Western alphabetized version I'm not quite sure how to write it, but i know some of the traditional Chinese characters and a very few amount of simplified Chinese.

where are you going in China? Shanghai? Beijing? Hong Kong? Macao?
Beijing :cool:

Although I don't get to see much of the "real" China because I'm staying at the international school there.

zhong guo you ALIAS. ;)

Wo huai sho pu tong hua. ummmmmmmmmmm :lol: wo shee huan chi dong shi. :mellow: we te bie shie huan chi tan.

Oh that's cool Charlie. but wow, China? I mean... that's a pretty awesome trip. What class is it for? ^_^ I've been to Beijing... way to many times.

:cringe: oye...now this reminds me of global studies. my teacher writing the transliteration on the board...pronouncing it really off and then asking me what it meant. (Are you using the transliteration Yale made...I forgot what it was called...) Again I don't understand very much of it, since transliterations confuse me, and I can barely read a word. (I understand mandarin and hokien...working on my canto) I want to go to China...never been there before! Bring meeeee...still angry I can't go to Spain for spring break. :angry:

I hate Chinese school. :thud: I told my teacher today in french that he's a dog. No worries... he doesn't understand. Seriously, we do nothing. Well okay... nothing that's important to me. :mellow:

wo hui e dian dian..( i know a little)

i know more of Cantonese. Hokkien a little.

I've only been to Shanghai. They say that if u like to see the modern side of China..go to Shanghai. For scenery, maybe Beijing or Guangzhou...there are some other i'm not familiar with.

Lin said:
wo hui e dian dian..( i know a little)

i know more of Cantonese. Hokkien a little.

I've only been to Shanghai. They say that if u like to see the modern side of China..go to Shanghai. For scenery, maybe Beijing or Guangzhou...there are some other i'm not familiar with.
what is Hokkien?

yeah, Shanghai is DEFINITELY the modern side of China, but Hong Kong is probably better.

for sightseeing, they offer cruises up the Chang Jiang (Yangtze River) and that has some beautiful scenery. although the construction of the dam is tragic. you might also want to visit the Great Wall. personally, ive never been there, but it looks like fun. :D

I've been to the Great Wall.

If you are going... (1) Bring a whole mother load of cold water. (2) Bring sun block SPF 45!!!!! (3) If you don't wear sneakers, you are screeeewed. and (4) If you have long hair, pull it back in a pony tail.

It. is. so. hot. :thud:

Hokkien is another dialect..not so frequently spoken..in Singapore it's probably more well known than Cantonese

:lol: The Great Wall?? Nv been there. But i agree u must really be fully-equipped.
I don't think i can walk that far and long..although they do have stops along the way i think ^_^

wow...kool!!! so many of u know cantonese!!! u guys r hongers or wat?? or just americans?? n y do u guys hv so much interest in china?? u guys r so kool....maybe ur mandarin is better than mine....haha....maybe i can speak to u in cantonese....but i can't type chinese here right?? ;)

i speak mandarian,or dialect shanghainess.i enjoyed to watch alias so much that makes me begin study english again,what a funny thing.i don't like study at all.but now just because i want understand what they say,i insist on for over a month.what happened in final season,i just finished where they escape from north korea,who can tell me.also if someone can help me with my english study,i appreciate that.

the_alliance said:
the extent of my catonese is "m goy" (thank you) and counting from one to ten
:lol: I'm canto oblivious...I think Jennifer Garner knows more then me from her scripts. ^_^

I got into a discussion about it w/ my friend the other day when we were on the train...some lady started speaking to me in mandarin...understood every word she said...couldn't put anything coherent to say to her...cause like I mix up the two dilects I know...and I've never had any formal education in mandarin. "Geee...it must me hard Marlene..." She was refering to the fact that I don't exactly have the abilities to babble on. :rolleyes: :lol:

ya I'd like to learn how to speak it but I won't be able to learn Madarin until I learn Cantonese cause my parents speak cantonese but they never taught me how.

WOAH Asian overload! :lol: wo zhi huy sho... GAH I give up. I forgot pingyin a long time ago GAH <_< Chinese borned and raised right here! *raises hand* :lol: Going back to Shanghai this summer actually. All you cantos :P can't understand you guys. My friends talk in Cantonese and i'm like :blink: Eh? :blink: but then i say shanghainese and they're like wah? :o_O: :lol: it's funny but you know what, English is universal :lol: that's all that matters ;)
--mandy :angelic:

Back