3.09 From a Whisper to a Scream

So we've been a little behind on episode discussions lately , but I thought I'd step up this week to talk about what is unarguably the most pivotal episode of Season 3 to date.... (feel free to argue on that one, if you so wish)

First off, Christina and Burke. Wow. Things certainly got messy for them in this episode, eh? I loved the very beginning of the episode, with the Christina voice-over (yay!) about betrayal (heat-wrenching) while we watch her walk, dazed, through the hospital corridors with blood, literally, on her hands, and all over her for that matter. Seriously, Sandra Oh in this entire episode was just !*#@%(*# incredible. In the ep, she showed the climax of her confusion about how she can possibly balance her feelings for Burke and her cutthroat attitude at SGH and in life. The scene where Burke accuses her of dragging her across the line... oh geeze. And Burke accuses him of having to compensate for her emotional shortcomings. (I'm just paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact quote.) So sad, but so true. I cried. Really, I'm not sure if there are words to describe that scene. I also loved how they tied it in with Burke's sense of betrayal in the S2 finale where Christina (temporarily) abandoned him. I couldn't help but thinking of that great speech she gave to Chief Webber in that episode about how she had lost her edge. Well, I don't think she's any closer to finding it then she was then. Poor, poor Christina. And when Burke closed the door on her....*sniff* So sad. There are many times watching GA that I want to hit Christina on the head. With a frying pan. Repeatedly. But then she does stuff like this...and I feel so terrible for her and I fall in love with her all over again. Because she's so not perfect. No matter how much she tries to be. And I love her for that. There's so much more I could write about Bang...but I think I'll stop for now, since there's much more to talk about.

Mer/Der - I'm not gonna really dwell on them for two long, because I really (no offense to all those McDreamy fans out there) don't give a felgercarb about them. Aww poor Derek. Christina took him away from his lady for a grand total of maybe three minutes, five minutes tops. How tragic. And Mer and McDreamy final have the McReunion sex. Yippee. [/sarcasm] Props to Meredith, however, for sticking up for her best friend.

George - Poor George. He seems to have to worst luck out of anyone at SGH. Particularly now that his Dad needs serious surgery, he can't trust Burke anymore to perform the surgery on him, he's having Callie problems, and his mother won't stop nagging him 24/7. I totally don't blame him for saying what he said to his parents about Izzie. Yes, it was a low blow, but he's under a lot of pressure as it is, without Izzie prying into stuff that isn't any of her business and telling his parents about Meredith (seriously! "I thought they already knew"?? Izzie, please.) I hope, for his sake, that he and Callie can get past McSteamy and get back together. He needs her right now, and she totally regrets what she did and misses him terribly.

Speaking of McSteamy...is it wrong that I still love him when he's an ass? Probably. That being said, over the past few weeks, thanks to way too much fanfic, I've converted from a Maddison shipper into an Addisex shipper, so naturally I almost swooned and fainted when we witnessed our first true Addi/Alex moment this episode. Awww it was so sweet!! Addison was so sweet, and Alex was so flustered afterwards. Super cute. I'm sure there are many of you who are opposed to this ship. Or only want it to be a quick fling. Not me, I'm all for it. Seriously. I blame the fanfic. :P And occasionally I still ship Maddison or Izzy/Alex...which is confusing, but I think I want Addisex more than anything else. But nothing serious right away. It needs to build up over time. And haha I'm in my fangirl babble mode so I'll stop with them for right now. :lol:

What else, hmmm. I liked the patients in this ep. I thought the wife of the husband with that foot condition thing (Sorry, I'm so terrible at remembering all the medical stuff. Science whiz I am not.) was not very smart for letting her husband drive, but I did feel quite bad for her. As did Bailey, who might just be my favorite person on GA (particularly now since we've learned she can sing!!). I also thought the market owner was cute...the "man candy" line was priceless. It was nice to see Dr. Hahn again. I enjoy her and the snarky relationship between her and Burke. It seems like we will be seeing a lot more of her in the future, what with recent developments. I'm quite worried about Christina and Burke's fate at Seattle Grace. It's all so sad, particularly since this Chief was about the appoint him Head of Surgery. What will happen now...will Richard still retire sometime soon?

All in all, I'm so glad to see my favorite show get back to some serious drama after starting the season in a bit of a wishy-washy manner. Okay, I'm done. What are your thoughts?

i don't think the chief will retire, though i really miss his wife. i loved her.

And occasionally I still ship Maddison or Izzy/Alex...which is confusing

haha i totally agree. i called maddisex literally months ago, so that was really nice. he was sort of flustered but sort of proud of himself, it was cute.

Poor George

oh seriously? i was so pissed at him. i mean, yeah, it's very sad because of his dad and all, but he's kind of a dick. i think burke was right when he was like "you have to be part of a team or you're going to be alone forever" or whatever he said during that camping trip. george used to be part of the team. it used to be meredith and izzie and george, even after the whole merge sex fiasco. he told callie they were his family. and now he's totally changed that. i get that he's under a lot of stress and that his actual family is kind of messed up right now, but they are still his family. especially izzie, who's just izzie, trying to be sweet and nice and not meaning to do anything wrong. and then he goes all evil on her.

i'm not a huge fan of mer/der but i'm not against it either. and honestly, i liked them more this episode than i ever have before. they were more equal, more like real people in a real relationship. and definite props to meredith for sticking up for cristina.

and i'm really mad at burke. i mean, he wanted to tell the chief anyway. maybe cristina betrayed him, but really she just couldn't handle betraying herself anymore. i don't know if they can work through this, but i really love them together so i hope they make it.

and yay for bailey singing and for dr. haan, who's awesome.

m-c

Back