30 seconds

Title: 30 seconds

Author: nightfog

Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias, but my brain and my vivid imagination belong to me!

Summary: Post „The Telling“ – Syd POV

A/N: Hi, I'm new on this board! I've posted this story on another board, but Ithought, why shouldn't I post it here too? :smiley: Actually it should have been a one parter, but there'll be at least 2 more chapters.
I don’t want to bore you, with things you aren’t interested in, but just let me tell you one thing, English isn’t my native language, so please don’t sue me, if there are any mistakes. Just tell me and I’ll correct them! Thank you.
Very special thanks to Agent Hanna Bendal and to Ukskyblue! Without them, I wouldn’t have been able to finish this!

30 SECONDS

How many people all over the world are going to fall in love in the next thirty seconds?
How many people all over the world are going to have sex in the next thirty seconds?
How many babies all over the world will be born in the next thirty seconds?
How many people all over the world will be badly injured in the next thirty seconds?
How many people all over the world are going to die a natural or a violent death in the next thirty seconds?

I don’t know.

The only thing I know right now is, that thirty seconds can change everything.
Thirty seconds ago I had a life, a man, who loved me and I had a future.
Now, thirty seconds later, everything’s different. I don’t have a life anymore. Okay, I’m breathing and I’m thinking, but I’m not living – I’m just existing, because I can’t feel anything. No love, no hate, no hope – nothing. My feelings died at that moment, when I saw this cold-shimmering golden band of metal round the ring finger of his left hand. I looked down on my left hand, where the smaller counterpart of his ring should be. But there was nothing, just emptiness.This emptiness began to spread out, first the ring finger…hand…arm…then it penetrates my heart and my soul and washes away all my feelings…until nothing’s left but…emptiness.
Two years…he had thought, I was dead and he made a choice. He decided to move on, to live a life without me and to love somebody else than me. After Danny’s death I did exactly the same, but that was because of him. He was my saviour, my guardian angel. Now he belongs to another woman and not to me anymore. He vowed to love this other woman, to comfort her, to honour her and keep her in sickness and health and he promised to forsake all others and to keep only onto her, as long as they both live.
This vow should have been meant for me. I should have been the one, who said “I will”.
I should have been the one, who wakes up next to him every morning. I should have given birth to his children. I should have been the one, who grows old with him…I didn’t even get a chance to try to live a normal life with him. And now, it’s too late for us, because he’s a man of honour, he would never break a promise like this, not even because of me.
I look into his eyes, trying to find a clue of what he might be thinking or feeling right now. Would there still be a small flicker of love for me in them? His wonderful green eyes. They were once so full of life and emotions, but I recognize that they have lost its sparkle. There’s only sadness, sorrow, exhaustion and pity in them. Pity and not love. He takes pity on me…30 seconds ago I would have shouted at him…I don’t need his pity…I need him…I need his love…but I’m not able to express my feelings this way, because there are no feelings anymore.
He averts his gaze. He begins to play with the ring, I’m sure he doesn’t notice it himself, maybe this is his new unconscious behaviour when something’s bothering him or when he’s lost in thought. When I was still part of his life, he always used to wrinkle his forehead.
But I’m not a part of his life anymore, because somebody has torn me violently out from it about two years ago. Two years of my life had been taken away and whoever did this to me, took not only two years, he took my love and my future away from me. Without his love there won’t be a future.
He starts to explain, but I don’t want to hear it, because it won’t change anything. I tell him to go, to live his life like he did it the past two years. He should forget the last few minutes. He should forget that I’m still alive, no, still existing.
He slowly walks to the door. He turns round. I can see, that he wants to say something and for a short moment I thought, I see the old, well-known sparkle in his eyes again, but he doesn’t say anything and the sparkle, if it was even there, was gone. He opens the door and the last thing I can see, before he leaves, is a flash of his cold-shimmering golden ring. Then the door closes and he’s gone. He is gone. Forever.

A/N: I hope you liked it, although it's very sad. The sequel is called "30 seconds ago" and it's Vaughn's POV.
Please tell me what you think about it and if you want to read the sequel too!
thanks for reading!

Alias Fan Gillian, AliasLuver4Ever, krzykty57789 : Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! I'm glad you liked it!
I'll post the next part soon!

Title: 30 seconds ago

Author: nightfog

Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias, but my brain and my vivid imagination belong to me!

Summary: Sequel to 30 seconds - Post „The Telling“ – Vaughn’s POV

30 SECONDS AGO

30 seconds ago I thought, my so called life was quite okay.
30 seconds ago I thought, I tried my best to live a normal life.
30 seconds ago I thought, nobody could ever touch my heart again the way she did .
30 seconds ago I thought, I had left the past behind.
30 seconds ago I thought, she was dead.

Now 30 seconds later, I’m standing in front of this door and I know, when I open it, nothing will be the same again. My life won’t be okay anymore and it will be far away from normal. I know, that one look at her is enough to open old sores. Old, but never forgotten feelings will break out of their prison, which is called memory, to occupy my heart again.
I know, that the past and the present will collide, because now – 30 seconds later, I know that this is not a dream or a great wish, no this time it is real – she is alive.
I slowly open the door, but I’m not able to have a quick look at her, because as soon as I enter the room, she flies into my arms.
I can’t hardly believe it, after two years in which I thought she was dead…after two years, full of repressed feelings and repressed grief, I’m holding her in my arms again.
But things are different now. It’s not right to hold her like this. The feelings, that are awakening, only by the touch and smell of her soft skin…they are not right.
Not anymore.
I can feel her tears on my skin…warm tears. And I know that after I’ve talked to her, there will be more tears…tears I’ll be responsible for.
She asks me about Francie and Will. Her hands are gently stroking my face. How am I going to explain everything? I can’t even look into her eyes.
We are sitting in front of each other now…how should I begin?
Finally I manage it, to look at her and it seems as if time stands still…her eyes…I’m drowning in them…like in the good old days…the good old days…where a single smile of her was enough to brighten my day…where one single touch of her meant the world to me…

“Vaughn?”

She calls my name…in the last two years she had often called my name…her voice was haunting me…day and night. I remember, that when we were together I often wished that she would call me Michael, but she didn’t. And after she was gone, I wished she would call me Vaughn only once more…and she did it…in my dreams…every night…in my daydreams…every day… and now the dreams have come true. Most of the time my dreams had a happy ending, but this here is real and I know, that here won’t be a happy ending.
I make an attempt to explain, but it’s so damn hard…

“Vaughn, why are you wearing that ring?”

If my heart isn’t broken already, it would break now, when I see the look on her face, as she recognizes the ring. This damn ring.
It’s just a golden band of metal, but because of it I’m bound up with somebody else. I didn’t want this sort of commitment, but everybody told me, to live now and not in the past. They told me to go on, to live my life without her.
They told me, that it would be the best for me and I believed them… I made my choice…I fullfilled their expectations...I lived the life they wanted me to live, but I’ve never forgotten her.
When I put the ring on the finger of my wife during the wedding ceremony, I thought, that this wasn’t right. She was not the one, who should wear this ring. She was not the one, I would like to spend the rest of my life with. But I carried it through, because everybody expected me to do it…because I wasn’t strong enough to say no…because it didn’t matter anymore…because Sydney was dead.
I learned to love my wife and I’m trying to be a good husband, but my heart is not involved in this commitment, because my heard wasn’t able to love anybody else than Sydney and after I was told that she was dead, my heart broke…since she was declared for death, there were only pain, beravement and grieve in my life, but in time I became an expert in hiding and repressing my feelings, I’m nearly as good as Jack now.
Oh and I felt and still feel pity with myself, because I wasn’t able to protect her…she once called me her guardian angel, but I was far away from being that…I wasn’t able to be there for her, when she needed me the most.
Yes, I feel pity with myself, because I’ve lost everything…her…the meaning of my life…the love of my life…I know, that I can’t tell her this, because it would only complicate the situation even more.
I recognize, that she is watching me…she looks straight into my eyes…it seems as if she’s looking for something. The eyes are the door to one’s soul and I know, that she had always been good in reading my thoughts, because of that I quickly avert my gaze.
I start to explain again, but she doesn’t want to hear it…she tells me to go…to forget her.
But I’ve never forgotten her and I will never forget her.
I slowly get up and walk towards the door. I turn round, I want to tell her, that I love her more than my own life. I want to tell her, that I’ve never forgotten her.
I want to tell her, that there’s still hope for the two of us…but I can’t…I know that there’s no hope anymore. I live a different life now and she can’t be part of it anymore, because of a small golden ring and a vow.
I really want to tell her, that the future is reserved for the two of us, but this would be a lie and I’ve never lied to her.
I touch the door-handle and the ring presses into my flesh.
I leave – the room and her.
We are not meant to be together – not in this life.

A/N: So what do you think (y) or (n) ?
There'll be at least one more chapter....but I won't be able to post it until the end of august :(

krzykty57789: yeah, I know that it is very sad...thank you for thinking that it's great and thanks for the review!

Alias Fan Gillian: Thank you for liking it and reviewing it! and the PM...no problem...it always makes me very happy if somebody wants a PM! well, the next part won't be up until the end of August! I'm sorry.

Both parts were so sad! I can't believe she just asked him to leave... I would've thrown myself into his arms and beg him to tell me it was all a bad dream (yeah, I know, not very dignifying, but I'm weak).
Please post more soon, It's a wondeful story with lots of potential. Oh... do you think you could add me to the PM list please?

Oh my gosh that is really sad. When you post the next part (it's the end of August now!) could I please have a PM?

wow this is soo good!! ok first let me dry my eyes!
this is so sad but i love it! i hope you have more soon or hope you plan on continueing!!

Back