3D plastic object creation machine (retail)

Tim

Creative Writer
Now, this is expensive, but interesting, and could maybe do with a more interesting design. Like built into a wall to make it look like a Star Trek replicator unit :smiley:

Revealed: The portable 'factory in a box' that can create any 3D object out of plastic before your eyes

article-0-0CB4F312000005DC-175_468x523.jpg

There have been laser based modelers out there for a few years now but I think the break-through with the above device is that by using a different technique it has really broken the entry level price point for these types of machines.

At under $1,000 USD, I know some guys who would absolutely love to have one of them in their garage. For me the price would still have to come down a bit but, yes, I would love to have one of them also.

I read somewhere they (someone) made a prototyper that creates food. I forget where I saw it. but it laid down layers of tofu with flavor crystals er something in it.

Introducing Cornucopia, the food printer

Introducing Cornucopia, the food printer

July 23, 2010 by Lin Edwards
introducingc.jpg
Enlarge
(PhysOrg.com) -- US scientists have introduced a concept design of the "Cornucopia" or Digital Fabricator, a "personal food factory" able to print food from specified ingredients, with no waste at the point of cooking.

Back