Season 4 4.4 Title

relaxation between rivals?wonder who...at first I thought I read it as Detenate, and I started getting scared what they were going to detenate!

mystery_chick said:
actually it's Detente with a accent degu (sp?) on the first e. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="973882"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah, and Facade should really be Façade, but ABC.com doesn’t list it that way. It’s inconsistent, so I’m not sure what is the true official way.

Nice to know in a way, but not in another: we haven't watched the season premiere yet (hell, we're still more than 4 months away), and we already know way too many spoilers!

By the time January comes around, are we gonna know the title for episode 16?!??

Can't wait though...

ivand67 said:
Nice to know in a way, but not in another: we haven't watched the season premiere yet (hell, we're still more than 4 months away), and we already know way too many spoilers!

By the time January comes around, are we gonna know the title for episode 16?!??

Can't wait though...
[post="974707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I sure hope not Ivan ;)

Nice title though ... but man ... can they just hold on on the titles now ... 4 eppy titles ... 4 months to go ... :thud:

-Vartan- said:
Well, I must to say that "Detente" means "Stop" in spanish, but I suppose it's only a coincidence  :confused:
[post="977073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But Detente in english is a diferent word, in this context, Detente means 'Distensión' in spanish. I believe that Detente is a political term.

julesvartan said:
Yeah I'm uneasy about Monica Breen. She's made some stupid comments in the past. Maybe she'll get it right this time.
[post="974352"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I may be wrong but didnt she write an Alias book?

Politically, detente means "ceasefire" (though not exactly). It's basically a pause in conflict. A resting period, so to speak. A temporary peace.

"Stop" is actually a good term to use in association with detente.

Babelfish translates the French "détente" into "relaxation."

Dictionary.com defines the term thus:

dé·tente
n.

1. A relaxing or easing, as of tension between rivals.
2. A policy toward a rival nation or bloc characterized by increased diplomatic, commercial, and cultural contact and a desire to reduce tensions, as through negotiation or talks.

aliasfan13 said,

I may be wrong but didnt she write an Alias book?

There's Monica Breen, and then there's Breen Frazier.

Breen Frazier wrote "Infiltration" (the best Alias book so far, IMHO) and a couple of episodes in Season 2.

I can't remember if Monica Breen has written for Alias before.

As to the word "détente", my friend from Marseilles says that it also means the trigger of a gun - pulling the trigger would be "appuyer sur la détente". I thought that was interesting, given the genre of the show!

Thanks for the explanation, I even knew that detente was a word in english too :blush: I think all this terms of the word makes the title more interesting and exciting :woot:

Elsa Caplan said:
aliasfan13 said,
There's Monica Breen, and then there's Breen Frazier. 

Breen Frazier wrote "Infiltration" (the best Alias book so far, IMHO) and a couple of episodes in Season 2. 

I can't remember if Monica Breen has written for Alias before.

As to the word "détente", my friend from Marseilles says that it also means the trigger of a gun - pulling the trigger would be "appuyer sur la détente".  I thought that was interesting, given the genre of the show!
[post="978879"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oh, I see, thanks

interesting of the writers to choose a title with more than one meaning. oh well, maybe i'm getting ahead of myself.

Hmm... cool title. But I have a question. Isn't detente a political policy? Like during the Cold War, the Soviet Union and the United States observed detente which was basically a watchful peace. Am I crazy, or do I need to drag out last years history notes? (Please, no...)

Back