4400 USA network

IluvVaughn13

Vaughnster's Girl
I saw this show omg it was amazing Im glad its a lone mini series. I loved how each person had different gifts when they were brought back, I like shawn he's a cutie!

about-

From Executive Producer Francis Ford Coppola's production company, American Zoetrope, comes a haunting new limited series: THE 4400.
Over the last century, thousands of people have gone missing. Suddenly and inexplicably, 4400 missing people are returned all at once, as they were on the day they vanished. Unclear what this world altering-event means, the government investigates the 4400 to piece together where they've been and why they've been returned. It quickly becomes apparent that their presence will change the human race in ways no one could have ever foreseen.

wallpaper_4400_800.jpg

I gotta admit that the only reason why I even tuned into this show is because of Patrick Flueger. I saw him once on Law & Order: SVU and kinda became obsessed.

Anyway, I watched the 4400 and was pleasantly surprised with it. I'm kinda sad that next week is the final show though :(

It's done well and I understand that it's a shoo-in for more episodes, but we don't know whether as a "limited" or "regular" series . . . although, with USA, "regular" is likely to mean 13 episodes! :lol:

Sorry for being late, folks. Just wanted to remind everyone who's interested that The 4400 is back with 12 new episodes this summer on Sunday evenings on USA. ;)
✌️

I'm reporting this interview with Robert Picardo, who's guesting, from zap2it, just because he's so darn funny (removed spoiler from title):

Robert Picardo . . . 'The 4400'
(Tuesday, June 14 03:53 PM)
By Kate O'Hare

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) After playing a holographic doctor for seven seasons on UPN's "Star Trek: Voyager," now Robert Picardo is
giving Dr. Atkins and Dr. Phil a run for their money
with a guest role on the Sunday, June 19, episode of "The 4400" on USA Network.

In "Weight of the World," written by series producer Scott Peters and directed by Oz Scott, Picardo plays Trent Applebaum, one of the 4,400 people who were abducted over the course of decades and returned suddenly to Earth, as part of a plot from the future to save mankind.

Like many of the 4400, Applebaum returned with an extraordinary power --
his saliva accelerates human metabolism and weight loss.

"I'm the first person to commercially market my special ability," Picardo says. "But I do not lick people on the show. That's in the European version."

Picardo has some interesting connections to "The 4400." Scott Peters' co-creator on the show, Rene Echevarria, worked on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and one of its current executive producers is Ira Steven Behr, who worked on the same two shows.

But their common lineage in "Trek" spin-offs didn't mean that Picardo got a pass in the casting process.

"I had to read just like any other actor," he says. "They just lumped me in with people whose work they didn't know for seven years."

In a further turn of events, Natasha Gregson Wagner is doing a multi-episode stint on "The 4400," which shoots in Vancouver, where she previously filmed the short-lived Fox series, "Pasadena." In that, she co-starred with Dana Delany, who co-starred with Picardo in "China Beach."

"That's another Kevin Bacon-ism that I don't know," Picardo says, "and I pride myself on Kevin Bacon-isms, or Bacon Bits, as I call them for short."

Asked if he's a good weight-loss guru or a bad one, Picardo says, "I am a good guy. I am a little self-centered and a little self-deluded. I am most concerned with taking care of myself and my daughter first. Then when I'm given the opportunity to rise to the occasion and be much more selfish, I come through in a very nice way."

And, who knows, maybe Trent will return -- someday.

"There are only 4,399 returnees left now that we've exposed my identity," Picardo says. "If you take 4,400 and divide it by the number of episodes they do a season and count it out, I'm thinking that by the year 2041, I'm going to be back on, and maybe sooner. I told my wife, and she went out and spent the money today."

Having just left Vancouver, Canada, after doing his stint on "The 4400," Picardo is returning to do an upcoming episode of Sci Fi Channel's "Stargate SG-1," which launches its ninth season on Friday, July 15.

He's reprising the role of Richard Woolsey, who has appeared in two previous episodes of the series about a U.S. military team that travels between alien worlds via alien portals.

"Richard Woolsey's kind of a military think-tank guy," Picardo says, "who stared out as a villain to threaten the leadership at Stargate Command. If they didn't shape up, they were going to be replaced. The second time I was on, I was involved in this giant scheme engineered by the evil Sen. Kinsey. When I realized I was being manipulated, I turned on Kinsey, took a huge risk, and basically spilled the beans on something Kinsey was involved in.

"So I went from being this hatchet-man jerk to being totally redeemed. That's my stock in trade now. I come back again as a short of the hatchet-man jerk, and I'm redeemed this time in the same episode. I'm hoping to get to the point where I'm so good I can do both extremes in one scene."

Picardo has guest-starred on many shows, from "Kojak" to "The West Wing," but one opportunity has eluded him.

"I would like to be on 'The Simple Life' with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, but it's gone, isn't it? I waited too long."

verdantheart said:
How did it surprise you?
[post="1416547"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was somewhat surprised by the identity of the shooter. Not to mention, Jordan's body was gone. Could be a homage to "Alias", no one ever dies. ;)

A chat with Ira Steven Behr about the last episode of this season from zap2it:

'The 4400' Dwindles to One
(Thursday, August 25 09:36 AM)
By Kate O'Hare

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) After a successful six-episode first-season run in the summer of 2004, USA Network's "The 4400" closes out its second, 13-episode season on Sunday, Aug. 28, with "Mommy's Bosses."

It's essentially the conclusion of a two-part storyline that began last week with "The Fifth Page." That episode marked the return of season-one star Peter Coyote as Dennis Ryland, head of the National Threat Assessment Command, which monitors the 4,400 abductees, taken over the course of decades, who were returned -- without having aged, but with strange abilities -- on a lakeside in a ball of light.

In the Aug. 21 episode, many of the 4400 came down with a strange, debilitating disease. NTAC agents Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch) and Diana Skouris (Jacqueline McKenzie), who's also the adopted mother of clairvoyant 4400 child Maia Rutledge (Conchita Campbell), came to fear that government actions caused the malady.
According to executive producer Ira Steven Behr, who co-wrote the last two episodes with Craig Sweeney, this was only the beginning.

"We're going out with a bit of a bang," he says of "Mommy's Bosses." "There with be much smoking out of people's computers. We end this season with five different moments, that each alone would be enough to have people go, 'What the hell does that mean?'

"It's almost too much. We had to end it in act three of the second hour, because we needed the rest of the time to do the 'Holy mother...' kind of thing."

Before "The 4400," Behr was a writer and producer for "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," the second of the "Trek" sequels and the last one to air in syndication. Over its seven seasons, it also garnered the reputation as the most complex of the "Trek" series, weaving together themes of racism, religion, war and politics.

"As 'The 4400' goes on," Behr says, "and breathes and takes on an identity, the truth is, it's coming to resemble 'Deep Space Nine' more than I ever thought possible, which is going to be a good thing for some people and not such a good thing for other people.

"I'm not saying that it's a good or bad thing quality-wise, I'm just saying, like 'Deep Space Nine,' there's a lot going on. There's a lot of characters. It's very complicated, probably more complicated than any network or studio would want it to be.

"If it was on HBO, they'd be saying, 'Oh, it's like "Deadwood," man, you've got to really pay attention,' or 'The Sopranos.' Of course, we're not on a premium station. It's like, 'Why can't this be as simple as "Monk"?' So it's got a lot of stuff going on."

Of course, when you have a complicated show that forces viewers to pay attention, sometimes they pay too much attention. Behr discovered this when the characters of Richard and Lily (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Laura Allen), two of the 4400, were absent from certain episodes.

"Every time Richard and Lily aren't on the show," Behr says, "the fans come up with all these theories, when the simplest theory, which is the truth, is they had a 10 out of 13 commitment, so we had to lose them for three episodes. But they make it into such a big thing, trying to figure out why they're not there."

Since different episodes have focused on different abductees, the tone of the show also varies, from more comical to more serious. This is nothing new for Behr, but the reaction to it still frustrates him.

"The other thing that reminds me of 'Deep Space Nine,'" he says, "is I just don't understand why it's so [hard for fans to understand]. If you want a pacifier, you can get them for 99 cents at Sav-On drugs down the block. If you want to suck on something that's going to make you feel protected and warm and all cuddly, they have those things. They're made of rubber, and you stick them in your mouth.

"Television is supposed to be fun and adventurous, at least genre television allegedly is. It just seems that the shift in tone should not be so traumatic."

Since "The 4400" was originally announced as a six-episode limited series, Behr and his fellow producers were obliged to come up with some sort of a solution to the mystery to close out episode six. When the show became a hit and was renewed, that caused problems if its own.

"To this day," Behr says, "I think it was a mistake, but we've handled it well. We're going to continue to throw doubt on it as we go, but still, it's a big hill to climb, in terms of your mass audience. You can't get around the feeling that a significant number of people are going to have, that the big mystery's been told.

"No matter how you spin it, how you come up with interesting ways of continuing the story, there's still a feeling of, 'We know the big thing, and are you ever going to come up with a bigger thing?'

"And, of course, we can."

Back