8TH grade PROM!

Hey
I know its months from now but i have a big prom and my sisters are freaking me out by telling me that its very important.I have to wear a dress,wich i totally hate :mad: I have to dance,but the problem is i only dance to rock or rap,i dont slow dance.And i need a date,im to nervous,i start sweating when i think about it.Im a HUGE tom boy and all the guys are like my best friends and i dont know how to dance.Any suggestions?And if u have gone through the same thing,pleas do tell. :thinking: ^_^

-YoJo :surf:

i went through the same thing at my 8th grade dances... just relax while ur dancing, the guy will lead u.. just follow.. and the dances really rnt that bad.. ul be fine

krzykty57789 said:
i went through the same thing at my 8th grade dances... just relax while ur dancing, the guy will lead u.. just follow.. and the dances really rnt that bad.. ul be fine
I cant relax i sweat alot and ill kill the guys feet. :confused:

feeling_like_a_spy said:
spysurfergrl247 said:
feeling_like_a_spy said:
just "go with da flow" :smiley: don't worry, just be yourself, and you'll be relaxed enough to not be nervous about anything :D
What if ther is no "flow"? :thinking:
otherwise known as, act like yourself :P
Myself is always making pranks and at the beach,ive never danced or gone on a date with a guy!!Only once and it was when i was 5 that i danced with my dad :blush: :thinking: *I should not have said that* :blush: :thinking: :rolleyes:

its ok i've danced with my daddy before.. anyway i havent ever been on a date either, and on my first dance i was really nervous, but just find a friend ur really close to and can be urself with, and ull be more relaxed

feeling_like_a_spy said:
just "go with da flow" :smiley: don't worry, just be yourself, and you'll be relaxed enough to not be nervous about anything :D
heh heh 8th grade prom..... oh wait that's this year for me too! eh.. :blush: don't depend on guys too much. at our school dancers we have like all the sucky dancers....... don't get me started...... :lol:

krzykty57789 said:
its ok i've danced with my daddy before.. anyway i havent ever been on a date either, and on my first dance i was really nervous, but just find a friend ur really close to and can be urself with, and ull be more relaxed
oh and i remember my first dance. The teacher spoiled it she went around forcing people to go dance with each other, at least the guy i got paired up with wasn't too bad, then i got a friend to ask the guy that i liked to dance with me, and so he decided to dance with me and we were both nervous i guess. But then dancing with both of these guys got my friend really jealous because she liked both of them, so then she held a grudge against me about it.

Sorry Yojo! I dunno what to say! Dang, let's see, I hate dresses too and I'm a tomboy too and I don't slow dance either and I dance to what you dance to.

To tell you the truth slow dancing isn't that hard. You don't have to go with a date either. Just go with one of your best guy friends! About the feet it's simple, you're not gonna do like the tango or w/e! Just simple movement! Back and forth, dude. Back and forth. Or side to side or w/e! It's simple! Sweating? Why would you sweat?

having been through high school, i will impart on you prom knowledge:

-if you have a "guy friend" (meaning you seriously are just friends) try going with him, people have more fun often times if they go with a friend who they aren't really seriously attached to so they can dance with other people.
-don't be afraid to go alone-if some guy who you don't like asks you, don't go with him (and if you need a good way to stall from saying "no, thanks" say "let me think about it"-whatever you do don't don't say "yeah i guess"-because then ur stuck)-I've gone to proms alone or with a group of dateless divas and we just have fun "borrowing dates"
-if you don't concider yourself a girly-girl, just don't get a frilly dress-there are plenty of more almost athletic or just simple dresses out there
-don't worry about shoes-u'll prob take them off in an half hour...and don't wear nylons-u'll be sorry if you do.
-slow dance with guys is really no biggy-it's like hugging and rocking back and forth-i swear!
-once people get on the dance floor and you're out there with them it won't seem wierd-dancing really is kinda a natural thing-move ur feet, move ur hips and ur dancing...

hope this helps...or maybe i just rambled...

~Princess :king:

Don't worry. I didn't go with anyone(haha I was asked though). It is a lot funner if you don't go with anyone. You can dance with any guy you want. LOL. Anyway don't worry about dancing bad, I can't dance. Just do what my school does back and forth like pequins and hang with your friends.

You guys have all been SOOOO helpful,thanks.I have liked my best friend for 8years and ive never had the guts to tell him,i hope he dances with me,any type of dance i dont care. :D

Back