______ May he rest in peace (Harry Potter 5!!)

well i apologize for those who thought the book is wrecked because they know who dies in the end but geez it's a book! him dying is only a small part of it! the whole purpose of the book is not to KILL Sirius.honestly it's not about who happens but how it happens and how she wrote it. But if you know, it's not the end of the world, it's a book, it might take some surprise out of it, but honestly it's not that big of a deal. You don't see the book being called 'Harry Potter and the death of Sirius' again sorry for ruining in it. but i just dont' see the big deal about it.
--Mandy :angelic:

sirius was such a greta charahcter!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean he was harrys only real family only person h could tell everything to...but i understand why sirius was killed...it was to show how much of harry's life can be destroyed... first his parents then sirius...but i do admit it was reeeeeaaaaaalllly sad....wrenching. I mean they really hit harry where it hurt!

My sister amazes me, I told the ending is pretty sad, she reads it and said she couldn't even remember who died, I showed her and she said she thought that a more important character was going to die. I was speechless!

Besides the fact that Sirius was my favorite character, I don't think he should have died because like vaughnmyangel said, he was Harry's only real family. I think Harry has too much drama in his life already, and then Sirius dies. It's just really sad! :(

I think the point was that Sirius was his last close family. But that also leaves the connection with Aunt Petunia...Harry is losing bits and pieces of himself as the story goes, but is gaining them back in all new aspects.

I believe, like the saying goes (if you don't mind me being a bit cliched here) "Everything happens for a reason". I feel like it'll be more explained in later books and such, and possibly why J.K. picked him to die. Besides the fact I'm still mourning over him, it may benefit the series in some way or another that we are not aware of. I know this doesn't seem good now, but hopefully it'll play a bigger part in what is to come. Most of us agree this won't be the first or the last death in what is to come in the next two books. Break out the kleenex boxes!

JK said that Cedrics death was the first of many to come, so be sure that it will get really deadly by the 7th book. lord voldemort will be worse than before.

I read/heard (don't remember where, might have been her live thing at Albert Hall) but she didn't want his death to be noble. She wanted it to be quick and sudden, not some heroic played out death. She wanted it to resemble real life, with a death being sudden and all. I thought it was well written, for what she wanted to accomplish. (oh, I cried too)

I'm not sure I agree. The idea was to be a quick death and see the immense effect a quick event could have.

Sometimes short can have the most impact on a situation.

Back