______ May he rest in peace (Harry Potter 5!!)

btvaughn said:
Heck not just her...all of them! And I have to admit Neville's moving legs made me laugh! And Ron...lol...in all the sadness there was a little humor!
lol i know! I was like laughing and crying a little at the same time! ;)

Brittany said:
ah great a harry potter 5 thread I've been looking for a place to curse J.K.R. to eternal damnation!!!! lol, just kidding. ;) I was really upset though when she killed off...well we all know who. -_- -_- :( Am I a total dweeb or did anyone else cry when they read that the first time? honestly, I have never 'grieved' so to speak over a character...in a book... :rolleyes: well, i guess that says something about her talent...even if she is evil for taking Sirius!
ahh, you should have seen mo when she found out. she, too was crying.
i just feel jkr had no good reason AT ALL and there is NO WAY she can make up for it. and if she was crying while she wrote it... WHY DID SHE DO IT? :angry:

She did it because she had to. She needed to keep the tone of war for the novel. And in war people die, on both sides.

I think in the end harry will discover that all he has left is himself, but that that is enough.

I don't think he will think he only his himself left, because that would mean he's left alone forever in this world. Harry will always have Hermione and Ron and his family, but I do think he will discover the kind of person he can become.

I do agree with you that someone good would have to die.

alright alright, I admit it was neccessary but it was still so sad! I cried all over again later when Harry thought he could use the mirror to talk to him and then it didn't work. :confused: oy, I get way too wrapped up in these characters. :D

Kewii said:
She did it because she had to. She needed to keep the tone of war for the novel. And in war people die, on both sides.

I think in the end harry will discover that all he has left is himself, but that that is enough.
yeah, but i think she could have kept the tone of war in different ways.. like having sirius on like the brink of death or kill percy(*evil cackle*) or something... i mean at least with percy people would care but not as much and i mean she could have tons of people get hurt or something but this... hmm... i just thought it was too much.

my friend told me jkr was on some news thing talking about his death a couple weeks back... did anyone see it? i didn't even hear about it.

:rip: I kinda have this feeling that sometime in the next books he'll be able to talk to Sirius somehow. I know, prob not but what was that stuff with Luna and 'behind the veil' then?

and omgosh i didn't know that or I wouldve watched! anyone know what station it was on? maybe it's somewhere online. newho, alias fan, I totally agree, killing Percy off would've been just fine with me! :P :smash: lol. I'm kinda worried about how they'll portray this book and the fourth one in movies...I mean have you read how much they're cutting from the third? and that's a lot shorter...

He was my favorite character! I would not have been madder if anyone else had died! The mirror part was so sad too. I didn't really understand the "behind the veil" thing either. Even after he died I kept thinking "He's not really dead. He'll appear in a minute. He survived." And then he didn't. And I wanted to scream to someone about it, but I couldn't ruin it for my sister or my friend and no one else cared so I had to sit in agony, keeping it to myself.

I know the veil thing is so weird but I just hope it isn't Luna Lovegood's ramblings! lol. Maybe he will find a way to talk to him...I mean it's gonna be so weird w/o that character! Harry could always talk to him for advice, comfort, and stories about his 'rents and stuff. Or maybe he'll just get closer to the Weasleys and his friends...

Wow...I've missed a lot since I've been gone a couple days...but back to HP.

I agree that his death set the tone for the future books. As sad as it is (I cried too Brittany!) but I believe it's kind of setting the tone for the future books. It's going to get darker because war is always dark. Yes, we'll have our funny moments, but I feel we'll be heading towards the dark. :Ph34r: Oh also agree that though Harry may have his friends around, he won't ever be completely alone, but he's going to learn that he can't always have them to rely on or anyone else for that matter, as he has already started to learn. There's a Buffy musical lyric that I think kind of fits what I'm trying to explain ("Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear") I hope that makes sense in anyway possible. I'm sorry if you guys are getting sick of my huge explanation posts. I've noticed they are quite a length, aren't they? Sorry if they're annoying. :blush: I've just got so much to say it just turns out so long.......

I know....do you think it's interesting...that it actually sounds like Sirius was everyone's fav character? He was mine...and I couldn't help but notice how many people said the same!

("Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear")
I'm still analyzing that...but I'm getting there...it sounds interesting though...*strokes chin thoughtfully*

Back