A Christmas Miracle

Hey everyone,

This is my one parter I wrote for the December Fanfic challenge.
I hope you like it.

REQUIERED ELEMENTS: between 1500 and 15000 words, a locket witha picture of a man and a woman and a trip had to be taken.

Here it is.

Title: A Christmas Miracle
Word count: 1915
Setting: AU

A Christmas Miracle

It was a sunny but cold Christmas evening day and it was still rather early when Michael Vaughn woke up in his beautiful two story high house just outside the busy city centre of Los Angeles.

It took him a full minute to realize that his beautiful wife Sydney Bristow, who he had been married to for a little over two years now, wasn’t sleeping beside him.

Normally such a thing wouldn’t have worried him since she usually woke up before he did but today it was different because he knew how painful the next two days were going to be for both of them.

Taking a further look around the large bedroom he noticed that the door of the adjoining bathroom was slightly open and he instantly knew where his beautiful wife was to be found.

Slowly getting up and out of the bed, he walked over to the bathroom door and the closer he got, the more he could hear muffled cries coming from the room.

Opening the door just enough for him to walk inside, he immediately crouched down next to his wife who was sitting in front of the bathtub with her knees pulled up closely to her and her head in her hands, crying for something she would never be able to have.

As soon as he was seated next to her, he instantly locked his left arm behind her back and the second he did so, she turned her body towards him some more so she was completely wrapped up in his strong and safe arms.

Knowing that she would be needing some more time, he just let her cry for awhile longer and just rubbed soothing circles with his hands on her back, all the while placing soft kisses on her head and whispering lovely and soft words of the love he was feeling for her.

It took Sydney about five minutes to finally slow down her ragged breath and sobs and when she did, she finally looked into her husband’s eyes for the first time that morning and when he saw her red and puffy eyes, his heart went out even more for her.

“Oh darling.”
“I’m sorry I’m such a mess.”
“You don’t have to be sorry for anything. I guess it’s only normal to be this way on such a day.”
“I know but still…It hurts so much Michael. It hurts me that I can’t give you what you have always wanted.”
“Syd, this is not only about me. You’ve always wanted to have children too and it’s a loss for both of us. Apparently it was meant to be like this and no matter how hard this is for the two of us, there’s nothing we can do about this.”
“Yes there is. Michael, I’m the one who can’t have children! You can still marry someone else and have children of your own. Maybe you would be better without me.”
“Oh come on Syd, don’t do this, don’t say something like that because you know that I could never, ever divorce you. I love you too much for that and you know that. I chose to be with you when I fell in love with you three years ago and I’m staying with you all the way, no matter what. I’m not leaving you, even if you would use force.”
“I love you Michael.”
“And I love you too. You’re special to me Syd and even though we can’t have a family of our own, I still love you more than life itself and I wouldn’t trade the life I have with you for anything else, not now, not ever and not in an uncountable million years. You’re my soul mate.”
“Why do you always know the right words to say?”
“I guess it’s a gift. Come on, let’s go downstairs and have breakfast and after that I’m taking you anywhere you want to be taken.”
“Really?”
“Really.”
“Can we have a day at your mother’s house near the beach?”
“Sure, I’ll call her we’ll be stopping by.”
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome. Come on.”

And as soon as he had pulled her up by taking her hand in his, she kissed him on the mouth and hugged him once more, while whispering “Thank you for being so sweet to me while you’re hurting too.”
“You’re welcome and thank you for the hug, I really needed one too.”
“You’re welcome.”
And after giving each other one more kiss, the both headed downstairs and had their breakfast.

While Sydney cleared up the rest of the table and dishes, Michael had called his mother to let her know that they we’re going to come over to visit her and of course, Elizabeth Vaughn immediately knew the reason why and she could only feel sad for what they had to go through and especially now during the holidays.

As soon as Michael and Sydney had gotten changed, they started the one hour drive towards his mother’s beach house near Santa Barbara and Michael could only hope that this would be a good chance to get his wife’s thoughts on something else then the fact they had been talking about earlier that morning.

The minute they arrived at the house, they were soon greeted by his mother and it didn’t take her long to have her daughter-in-law in a strong embrace and as soon as Sydney was in Elizabeth’s arms, the tears were streaming freely down her face again.

“Oh my poor thing, I’m so sorry you have to go through this.”
“I know.”
“It’s good that you came here, it will ease your mind a bit.”
“I hope so.”
“I’m sure it will.”
“Why don’t you already go inside? I made some tea and biscuits so we can spoil you to death today.”
“Thanks.”

And as soon as she had walked into the house, Elizabeth walked over to her son and gave him a big hug.
“I love you son.”
“I love you too mom. Thanks for letting us come over.”
“Of course, Michael she’s family and if it helps her to come than I’m glad.”
“Thanks.”
“So how are you holding up?”
“It’s hard but it’s even harder for Syd because she can’t give me a child. She even told me this morning that she wanted me to find someone who is able to give me children and then when I told her I would never leave her, she just broke down because I won’t let her go.”
“Oh son.”
“It’s hard when someone wants to give you something and they can’t and seeing her like she was this morning made me realize just how much I love her.”
“I know you do son and she loves you too.”
“I know.”
“Come on, let’s spoil the two of you so you can relax a bit.”
“Thanks mom.”
“There’s no need to thank me. If I can help, I’m there.”
And with that mother and son walked into the house to join Sydney.

For the rest of the day, Elizabeth tried to cheer them up with a huge meal and some games and apparently it had worked because when they came home that evening, Sydney immediately kissed him passionately and thanked him for having such a wonderful mom.
“Yeah, she is kind of great huh.”
“Yeah.”
“Are you feeling a bit better?”
“Yeah, a bit. Michael?”
“Uhuh?”
“Thank you for being so supportive and I mean not only today but every day. You’re the best and I don’t want to lose you.”
“You’ll never have to worry about that. I love you.”
And that night he showed her just how much by slowly and carefully making love to her just to show her that they would never be apart and that she was the only true love in his life.

It was only eight o’clock that Christmas morning and Michael was still slightly asleep when he suddenly felt Sydney poking him in the side and calling out his name.
“Michael!”
“Hmm.”
“Michael, come on, wake up!”
“Syd please, you know I love you but eight o’clock is early, even for you being the Christmas gift freak you are.”
“Michael, I’m not kidding, there’s something outside and I want you to go and look what it is.”
“You have got to be kidding me.”
“No, come on.”
“Fine, I’m up, I’m up.”

And as soon as Michael had gotten out of bed and put on his night robe, Sydney who had already put on her night robe before she woke Michael, followed him down the stairs and to the front door.

When Michael opened the door and they saw what had been the noise, neither had been prepared to see a tiny cute little baby in a pink basket on their doorstep.

“What is going on here?”
“I don’t know but it’s freezing outside. We can’t just let it out there?”
“No but whose baby is this?”
“I don’t know, maybe there’s something with it or something but let’s get the baby inside first where it’s warm enough.”

And after picking up the basket and putting it on the coffee table inside the house, Sydney carefully picked up the baby and as soon as she held it close to her, the baby stopped crying.

Michael who had been watching her, saw that there was something sticking out of the basket and after taking a closer look at it, he noticed it was a letter and a tiny locket.

“What’s that?”
“It came with the baby.”
“Can you open the letter please?”
“Sure.”

And as soon he had opened it, he started reading the letter out loud so that Sydney could hear it too.

“Dearest Sydney and Michael, my name is Chloe and I am only eighteen. I don’t have enough money to bring up my little precious baby girl and I couldn’t give her away for adoption or abort her because no one knew I was pregnant. You probably wonder why I picked you to raise her but I know I made a good choice. The father of the baby was a student at Sydney’s school and he told me that you couldn’t have children of your own so we decided to give her to you because we are too young to raise her and we want her to have a good life and we know we chose well. Please love her and don’t forget to tell her about us one day, that’s all we ask. Inside the envelope you’ll be finding papers which says that we are officially handing the baby to you and that we no longer want to have anything to deal with her. She’s all yours and I can only hope that you’ll love her as if she was your own. I’ve also placed a locket inside the basket with our picture in it so that she does know who we were. Yours sincerely, Chloe.”
“Oh Michael, we have a baby.”
“I guess we do. Syd are you sure we can have her?”
“It’s what we’ve always wanted.”
“I guess she is our daughter then.”
“Yeah, how are we going to call her?”
“I have an idea.”
“Yeah?”
“Why don’t we call her Chloe?”
“I think that’s a wonderful idea.”

And then they both kissed her on her tiny head and said out her name and both could hardly grasp the fact that Christmas Miracles truly existed.

THE END

OMG!
This was so amazing! *jawdrop*
im speechless!
Really. . I love the way Micheal stuck by her side. . . .
That is the most beautiful and amazing concept in a marraige. . .
Being able to stick by their partners side through thick and thin. . .
And reading that made me feel kinda emotional :cry:

thanks for the lovely pm Cutie. . .
And thanks for writing this amazing Beautiful story. . .

Oh guys, now you're making me feel all special and fuzzy inside :love:

Hey Zoe,

Thank you so so so much for the wonderful review. It really means a lot to me that you liked it.
:hug: Thank you Lovey

Hey Amy,

Thanks for stopping by to read this.
I'm glad you liked it. :smiley:
How are you?

Hey farliieansds225 ,

Thank you for reviewing and reading of course :smiley:

I dont know why but im laughing my ass off
i know this is a semi serious fic
but lmao
HARRY POTTER

lmao
i was left on a foorstep

i might shutup now before you kill me

i really love your writing as always

Ok re readin wot i wrote i thought u might interpret it wrong
i truelyloved the fic it was awesome
i just kept havingflashbacks to HP for some reason
but i love how you wrote the heartache and how the kids thought sd would be best suited as a mother

is that adoption thing even legal?

I have no idea, I don't think so but it was a nice touch for the story and it's AU and a story so I thought it was appropriate to take a leap with reality :smiley:

Hey Jess,

well I've been thinking about that too but for now, that idea will be put away for awhile, well atleast until after New Year and then we'll see what will happen.
I do have some good ideas for it soo, we'll see

Back