A Dream Within A Dream

DreamWithinADream.jpg

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>A Dream Within A Dream</span>
By: SydneyAnneVaughn (Eva), JuliaSark05 (Katrina), and aliasobsessed89 (Kit)
Rating: PG/PG-13
POV: Sydney, Marshall, Weiss, Jack, Vaughn, and Nadia
Ship: Syd/Vaughn
Disclaimer: We don’t own anything related to Alias, but don’t you wish we did?
Summary: post-Before The Flood. It’s yet another mission!

Chapter 1 – Eva (Sydney’s POV)

“My name really isn’t Michael Vaughn, it’s…”

The Jeep crashed right into him before he could say anymore.

“No! Vaughn!” I yelled into the dark night. I sat up quickly, in a cold sweat at the nightmare I’d just had.

I surveyed my surroundings, seeing that I was in my bedroom. The other side of my bed was empty, and I realized that Vaughn went to work early. I lay back in bed and thought about what my fiancée said before I was startled awake.

My name really isn’t Michael Vaughn… I thought. What in the hell is that all about?

I sighed heavily and glanced over to the clock to see that it was 3:30 in the morning. I rolled over and willed myself back to sleep, trying not to think of the nightmare that I’d had.

My alarm went off at 7:30 that morning, and I reluctantly got out of bed to turn it off. I took my morning shower and got myself ready to face the world again. I left my house at 8:30 and headed off to my job at APO.

I punched my code into the keypad by the door, and I was greeted by a rushed-looking Eric and Nadia.

“Late night?” I asked with a grin.

“More like a late morning. You?” Eric replied.

“Same old thing. I went for a run at about 6:30. What happened?” I asked, gesturing to Nadia’s frazzled appearance.

“He knocked the alarm off the nightstand last night, so we didn’t get up until Michael called at 8:00.” Nadia added. I smiled when she mentioned my fiancée’s name.

“Speak of the devil.” Eric said as Vaughn walked over to me.

“Morning sunshine.” I said, giving him a quick kiss.

“Morning.” He smiled, “We’ve got a briefing in 5 minutes. Sloane’s orders.”

“Then we’d better get going.” Eric said, leading the way.

We all walked through the white-lit offices of APO to the briefing room. My father, Dixon, Marshall, and Sloane were already waiting for us.

“Good morning Sydney, Nadia, Agent Vaughn, Agent Weiss.” My father said.

“Morning Daddy.” Nadia & I replied, each giving him a quick hug.

“Alright agents. A large arms shipment was hijacked on its way to Guatemala. We believe the person in charge of this heist is this man – Nigel Fallen.” Sloane began, “Mr. Fallen is a British ambassador, so we have reason to believe he may be supplying foreign militants with weapons in order to take over war-torn countries. Sydney, Nadia, and Agents Vaughn and Weiss will be going to visit Fallen in his office in Hertfordshire. You’ll be posing as members of a new terrorist group that are requesting his assistance with procuring an arms shipment.” Sloane handed folders to all of us with detailed information about the office and Fallen.

“So what exactly are we wanting from him?” Nadia asked.

“We want to make sure he’s responsible for the missing shipment to Guatemala and we want to establish his ties with another group called the Crimson Contingent.” Sloane replied.

“Try saying that 5 times fast.” Weiss said under his breath. Nadia shot him a look and he went back to reading the file.

“Marshall…” Sloane said, getting the technician’s attention.

“Oh. Yeah. The op-tech’s very simple for this one. You’ll each have your agent to agency comms and this voice-activated ring that records up to 15 minutes of normal conversation, also these glasses that take photos. You’ll need to be within 10 feet of your target, but since you’ll be in an office, I don’t think that’ll be too much of a problem.” Marshall said.

“Alright. You’ll be leaving in an hour. Everyone is dismissed.” Sloane said.

--------------------------------------------------

Vaughn and I went our separate way to the house we shared together. We decided to buy it after we got engaged about 2 months ago. It was a large 2-story Victorian with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

“Vaughn, what’s England like this time of year?” I asked as I was digging through my closet.

“From what Lauren used to tell me, it’s cold, wet, and rainy all year long.” He replied, coming into our bedroom with an armful of suits. I scowled at the mention of his dead ex-wife, but chose not to say anything further.

“Wow. And you say I pack too much for missions.” I said with a laugh as I saw him stuffing 4 suits in his luggage.

“It’s England, and I get to be there with you.” He said, giving me a quick kiss, “Besides, I thought we could spend some extra time in London after the mission’s over.”

“Good luck with that. My dad is still trying to get Sloane to keep from sending us on missions together after Liberty Village.” I replied.

“Hey, that happens to be one of our better missions lately. Well, except being found out by a bunch of crazy Russians.” Vaughn said with a smile.

“Stranger things have happened.” I said with a laugh.

“Like the priest getup?” he asked, laughing.

“I actually liked that outfit.” I said with a sly grin, “But I was disappointed that we didn’t have much time with that one.”

“Hey now, Bristow. We’ve got a mission to prepare for. I don’t want us being late to the airport and having Nadia and Eric’s minds wandering.” He replied, smiling.

“Good point.” I said. I picked out 3 outfits and packed them into my suitcase, along with my various toiletries and a good book.

We got to the airport in time to meet with Eric and Nadia before we had to board our flight. Vaughn and I spent the flight with our usual conversations while Eric and Nadia argued over what colors they should use for their upcoming wedding.

OKay, on to Katrina for chapter 2!

great! awesome! fantastic! and alot of other words for really cool... im kinda hyper i think :kicking: PM me please... :D... update soon :angelnot:

okay, i forgot to explain how this one's gonna work. i've started in Sydney's POV, then it'll go to Katrina in either Weiss or Jack's POV, and then it goes to Kit in either Vaughn or Nadia's POV, and then back to me. the next update is gonna come from Katrina, so we'll send pm's when each chapter's done.

Sloane's still in charge...But they know that Nadia is Jack's...I like how this is starting...So what did Syd's dream mean? Thanks for the pm...Update again soon and keep me on the pm list please.

Back