A free e-book!

I reviewed Anthony's Scales a while back, and the strong characters remain with me.

My reivew -
The first person narrative is strong because the protagonist, Cade, has a fully developed character in which he has definite opinions on the environment, social and political issues that beset our world today. He also has ideas on how to resolve those issues and is not slow to see how contact with the parallel, different multiverse Earth, with their superior technology and quasi-telepathic abilities could and must be used to rescue his home planet. His new `other dimension' friends are too naïve in their trust in communicating with other Earths but Cade is able to demonstrate how, sadly, it is necessary to use force to defend a way of life.

Cade isn't the only character that is well-crafted in Scales. He has women friends, and secret service type contacts that come over well. A good touch is his brother, who initially is quite different in character to Cade, but as the novel unfolds the points of common interest intersect more. There is a lot of information imparted in this novel. This is to be expected as it like a manual of what to do to avoid an eco-disaster on this planet in the context of a very readable novel. Cade too felt that he'd become a kind of tool to rescue humans and a well-written passage has him saying that he had `become a package, a commodity.' This doesn't mean that he doesn't enjoy his function and the reader can feel engaged with his exuberance of his discoveries, even though some are desperately dangerous.

For any reader thirsting for another take on what might have happened to our planet if the asteroid that wiped out dinosaurs 65 million years ago, missed the Earth, then Scales will give them an enjoyable read and nourish geopolitical alternatives.

It is worth more than a free book!

Good luck with sales, Anthony

Geoff

Back