A Glimpse of What's to Come

Vaughn and Syd take separate flights back to L.A. Syd cries her eyes out while on the plane and is greeted by who she thinks is her only true friend, Will, after arriving at home. Will is there to comfort her and hold her. Will and Syd sit alone together in each other’s arms without speaking. Silence says it all. And Will does not wish to answer any of Syd’s questions.
The next day Syd returns to work where she talks with Kendall, Marshall, and Dixon. Her eyes meet with Vaughn’s but he quickly averts his eyes. Syd busts into tears, realizing the depth of their love. Dixon comes over to comfort her. He says, “I know how you feel, and I know it doesn’t get any better. Losing a loved one is tough, but of course you already know that. Just know…I’m always here for you. Things happen for a reason.” Sydney quickly overcomes her feelings and tries to change the subject.
“Dixon?”
“Yeah, Syd?”
“Do you know where my father is? I haven’t seen him and nobody has said anything about him.” Dixon turns his eyes away and looks down at the ground. His expression changes from a concerned look on his face, to a sad depressed look. Syd’s face goes from half hopeful to a sad concerned look.
“A lot’s happened in the two years you were gone Syd. We thought you were dead. Everyone was so depressed…and…and your father…. your father who has done everything in his whole life in order to protect you. Well, your father took the news of your death worse then anyone. Remember when Diane died? Remember when I told you I drove to the bridge? And remember when I stood on the edge and looked over and contemplated suicide? Remember that?”
Syd crying, “Oh my gosh! No, not my father.”
“Yeah Syd, your father, he took that last step that I didn’t take.” Syd runs out of the room crying while Marshall enters. He sees her pass by and he asks Dixon, standing near the doorway, what happened to Sydney. Dixon gives Marshall a glare and Marshall says, “Ohhhhhhhh, you told her didn’t you.”
Dixon just walks away and Vaughn who is watching from his desk feels like he should comfort Syd, but then he feels maybe Syd wouldn’t like that. The awkwardness of their relationship makes Vaughn uneasy. Feelings of guilt pass through Vaughn’s head.
Syd is alone in the bathroom trying to take in all that was thrown at her in the past couple of days. As she attempts to dry her eyes she thinks of the horrible fate of her true friend Francie. Again tears flow like a constant stream. She can’t decide which pains the most: Vaughn getting married to someone else, Her father committing suicide, or her best friend getting murdered. Thoughts of her ex-fiancé rush into her head. She can’t believe everything that she has given up for this job. Then she thinks of her back stabbing mother. Syd has no idea as to what has become of her mother or Sloane or even the captured Sark. She thinks to herself: Is Sark still being held here? What’s become of Sloane and the Rambaldi artifacts? How did Irena handle Jack’s death or my “death”? Or did Irena and Sloane have a hand in my disappearance? Maybe even Jack had a hand in my “death”.
Syd stops crying and goes out into the briefing room to ask Kendall about her questions. As she confidently walks across the room she sees Vaughn coming towards her. Vaughn asks, “How are you doing Syd? If there’s anything you need, you know I’m here for you.” Syd starts crying and she uses Vaughn’s shoulder. Her confidence she had just moments ago quickly vanished.
In a soft voice Sydney asks, “Who is it?”
Vaughn turns his head from Sydney, “It’s Alice.”
Syd looks deep into Vaughn’s eyes as she tries to read his mind. But only tears flood her eyes.

It's not that much it's just the conclusion to the first chapter:

Kendall comes over to comfort Sydney and he puts his hand on her shoulder. “Syd, why don’t you take the rest of the week off.”
“Well...uhhh…are you sure?”
Hesitantly, “Uhh, yeah just go.” As Syd starts to walk away, “And Syd,” She turns and faces Kendall, “Let’s not make it three months.”
Syd turns around and walks away. When she arrives at home she unlocks her door and sighs a sigh of relief when she realizes Will isn’t there. She just didn’t want to be bothered with anyone at the moment. Sydney goes into the kitchen and opens up the freezer. She takes out her favorite treat, coffee ice cream and she starts to dig in. She turns around and is shocked by the next thing she sees…

Ill post soon I promise im still figuring out where my story is gonna go. I'm like JJ i write them as i go along but don't worry it will be good I promise. :D

CHAPTER 2

Sydney’s jaw drops open and she can barely speak, but she manages to say, “Mom?” Irena stands in the doorway of the kitchen with a gun pointed straight at Sydney. Sydney puts her hands up and with a shaking voice she says, “Mom, wha…what are you doing here?”
“Protecting you.”
“From what?”
“From everything.”
“Who gave you the right to protect me?”
“Syd, I’m your mother!”
“I don’t need your protection!”
Just then the front door starts to open and Irena swings her arm around so the gun is pointed at the door. Will appears from behind the door and when he turns around after closing the door he is surprise to see the barrel of the gun aimed at him.
“Holy sh*t!” Will cries out.
Irena commands Will to stand in the kitchen next to Syd. Will obeys.
“You must be Syd’s mo…I mean Irena.” Irena doesn’t answer she just gives him a dirty look.

my soap opera just came on so I'll write some more when i have a chance. ENJOY!!!

here is a little more of chapter 2, hope you like it!!!

“Mom, what’s going on?” Sydney cried out.
“They’re trying to kill you that’s what’s going on.”
“Who’s trying to kill me?”
“They want what you have?”
“Who’s they and what do I have?” Sydney panics and Will just stands there in shock.
“There’s no time to explain just come with me.”
“I’m not going with you!”
“Why do you have to be so stubborn?”
Irena takes the end of the gun and smacks Syd in the head with it. Syd falls unconsciously to the floor. Irena starts to drag Syd out of the house to her car. Will stands there not knowing what to do. “What are you standing there for? They’re coming! Help me before they take Sydney.” Will helps Irena carry Syd to the car. As soon as Sydney was in the back seat, Irena sped away leaving Will standing on the curb.
Will took his cell phone from his pocket and called Vaughn.
“Vaughn?”
“Yeah this is Vaughn.”
“Vaughn this is Will.”
“What’s going on Will?”
“She took Sydney.”
“Who took Sydney?”
“Irena took Sydney.”
“What? When? Where to?”
“I don’t know I just walked in and Irena was standing there with a gun and she said that they were coming and they were going to kill Syd cause they wanted what she had. That’s all I know.”
“O.K. I’ll be right over.”

Thanx!!! I'll try to write some more this weekend but im not sure how much time i have cause I have a basketball tournament this weekend.

Back