A Guild or not

All I know is that I want to make a group for thieves. Wanderers who travel through the shadows.

Stealing from "rich" players or weary travellers.
This group would have a thieves cant (secret emote language).
A hideout or meeting place to discuss the next of business.
Recruiting nuetral sellers to help the thieves (potions, weapons, etc.)
Find players who'll pay for "safety insurance."
The whole purpose of the group would be to take some control over the city (politics, militia, etc.)

Best part, noone would have a clue of its existence.

Am I over my head with the idea or is it plausible? Would anyone be interested in a group like this.

That idea sounds very plausable to me, and really fun! I would love to see something like that. I plan on doing something similar, but a bit more known, and not so much stealing.

I'd keep the idea in the back of your mind, and start getting prepared for it. An excellent place to start is to start creating a website, forums, and get your idea out.

If you need any help let me know, I'll do the best I can when it comes to assistance.

I had a group like this when I played regularly in a PW server for NWN. The members stopped playing and recruiting was near impossible since everyone wanted to play as a "good guy."
That's a good idea about the preparations. I'll do that.

Very soon, HH is going to be offering a lot of goodies for guilds to be apart of. Make sure to keep checking back within the weeks to see what we have to offer! Trust me, they'll be too good to pass up =]

@Onlink
Lets just hope we dont need to see a phat "We are the secret thief guild"-sign over your head...Simu, make guild sign optional, plz!

@frosty
Within a few weeks? Is there actually something going on. I remember you said something like this about the "question thread" and simu went all silent...

lol yeah, right!
i have a name for the group so it wouldn't be obvious.
....Unless someone leaks it out, but then they will die a miserable death!

I think your suggestion is totally possible. Some elements will depend on how hard you want to work at the concept but, from where I'm sitting, it sounds great, mate!

Back