A Hidden Treasure

Hey everyone,

This is another one of my new stoeies and it's set in the nineteenth century.
It's a bit different from what I normally do but I hope you'll like it.

Summary: What happens when a king and queen have to hide their most precious treasure, knowing that they will never be able to see it again? A nineteenth century story in a country called Ballanthian.

Weekly Update Day: Tuesday

Chapter One (below) Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 chapter 5+6 chapter 7+8

Chapter 1

The sun had just started his descent behind the hills of Ballanthian and started colouring the sky in a beautiful painting of blue, red and yellow.

Clouds started to form over the grass green hills and soon the entire city would be covered in a haze of tiredness and sleep would soon fill every single inhabitant of the pitoresque nineteenth century village.

While the small village was filled in a peaceful sleep, the ruler of Ballanthian, king Jack, couldn't quite catch sleep yet since the night brought even more danger for him and his family.

For over a hundred years, the Bristow family had been ruling over the country with great succes.
Every single inhabitant loved their royal family and there wasn't a word of anger or dissaproval that they could utter about them.

But just like in any other country of the world, there were always a minority of people who thought they could do it better and who wanted to get the Bristow's of the throne.

In this case it was Jack's own nephew, James, who wanted to be on the throne himself and there wasn't anything he wasn't willing to try to get his place in the castle and become the ruler of the small country.

Knowing that they were already more vulnerable because they were royals, Jack also knew that they were even more vulnerable at night because of the dark nights and the fact that they could barely see an inch in front of them due to the fog that filled the hills every night.

On top of that came the fact that James had made more attacks on them than ever before and both Jack and his wife Laura knew that they had to take matters in their own hands in order to not only protect their name and theirselves but most importantly their precious little daughter.

Sydney was a beautiful four month old baby and she meant everything to them and the people because she was the only inheritant they had left and she would be the future ruler of the country if they allowed her to be.

Sitting behind his desk in his private quarters of the castle, Jack was waiting for his wife to come in so that they could discuss their plans on the future because they both knew that there wasn't much time left.

Hearing the sound of a knock on his door, he was brought back out of his thoughts to the real world and only a few seconds later, his beautiful wife Laura walked inside, a tiring smile playing around her lips.

Knowing that they were safe in here and that no one could hear them or bother them, they started to talk freely about what they had to do.

"Hello my dear."
"My love."
"Is Sydney allright?"
"She's with her nurse so she's fine for now. But I don't know how much longer we'll be able to keep her safe now that James is trying even more desperately to put us off the throne."
"I know my dear, I know. We have to find a way to keep her safe and I think I may have found something but it's with a great pain in my heart that I have to suggest this or even consider putting it to action."
"What is it my dear?"
"I think we should bring her in safety."
"But how?"
"By bringing her up in a safer environment with a well trusted family."
"But who can we trust these days?"
"Our eldest and most loyal servant. I know that William Vaughn and his wife are to be trusted and they live in a farm house near the border of the country. No one would ever find her there and they have a son of their own so they know how to take care of children."
"Would they accept this?"
"We don't know unless we ask them."
"Then we should ask them. I only want my daughter to be safe and I would do anything to let that happen."
"Then I shall ask him tomorrow morning. The sooner the better."
"Allright."
"Come on my dear, let's go to bed."

And with that they closed off the private quarter and headed to the master bedroom where their daughter was waiting for them in her tiny crib, unaware of the danger that was lurking around every corner.

ooo that was a great start sweetie! i am so happy that you have fic's up again! :D
cant wait to see where you go with this :P update soon!
thanks for the PM!

Aww man . . .This idea is so fantastic!
I just love that Syd is gonna grow up in The Vaughn home. . :D that is so cool! :D
i totally lurve this idea! ^_^

and thanks so so so much for posting both fics! :hug:

I can see it now, the Vaughns will protect Sydney while little and Michael will protect her as she grows up. Meanwhile I hope Jack and Laura find a way to tale care if James.

Chris

This looks Awsesome!!!!! Great start!! I will sart looking forward to tuesdays!!!......well it'll be Wednesday for me (i'm an Aussie!) lol

I have to admit that I'm never really crazy about those nineteenth century stuff or even medivial (sp??) -_- but then I was like don't judge and just read :angelic:

And obviously you got me hooked once again! Wow that's gonna be promising and I wonder what will happen next! I just hope that Sydney will be fine with the Vaughns (not that I'm worried about the Vaughns) but rather about her uncle James!!!! :angry:

Please add me to the PM (if there is a PM list) otherwise I'll be checking in on Tuesday ;)

:hug: your sis

There isn't a pm list for my stories but there is a big pm list on whoch you can be added if you wnat to receive a pm when a new story is posted

THANKS FOR READING AND REVIEWING :D

Of course ;)

Chapter 2

The sun had just shown herself above the hills and the birds were singing beautiful melodies and while it was still very early, William Vaughn could definitely not deny the fact that he enjoyed these mornings.

Having to wake up at five o'clock every day because he had a one hour horse and carriage ride in front of him to get to the castle, didn't bother him because he simply was a morning person.

The only thing he regretted was the fact that due to his early rising every morning, he wasn't able to spend enough time as he wanted with his beautiful wife Elizabeth and their two year old son Michael.

Since the royal family appreciated his services so much, he was allowed to leave more early in the weekend than on other days.

This of course made him able to spend some extra needed quality time with his beloved family and the fact that they both knew how much he loved them, made it a bit easier too.

Getting dressed and packing his work clothes so he could change into them as soon as he arrived at the castle, he made his way out of the house and started the drive out of the woods into the tiny streets of Ballanthian so that he would arrive just on time at the castle to start his work day.

William had just arrived at the castle when he was immediately called into the king's private quarter.

Knocking on the door of one of the private quarters that were entirely for the king's private businesses, William was soon allowed to enter the room.

"You wanted to see me sir?"
"Yes, please come inside and sit down."
"Thank you sir."
"There is something I want to talk to you about. Recently my nephew has been threating us more and more and we are afraid that there will happen something bad to us very soon and I also speak for my wife when I say that we do not want anything to happen to our one and only daughter."
"Of course sir, I understand."
"My wife and I want her to stay safe and since there aren't many people to be trusted these days and we know you and your family have been very loyal to us so far, we would like for you to keep our daughter safe."
"But how sir?"
"We know we won't be able to stay safe that much longer and we want you to raise her as if she was your own daughter and help her get her place on the throne as soon as she is old enough to understand what world she used to live in and what is expected of her. She needs to be able to rule over her country before you tell her."
"But won't they come and search for her?"
"Knowing James, he won't come after her. He'll be happy that he already has the throne and I doubt that he'll even remember that we have a daughter since we have been keeping her secured from the public up until now."
"But why me sir?"
"Because so far you have been nothing but loyal to us and we know how much you and your wife love children and the fact that you live in a safe environment made us think of you in the plan to keep our daughter safe."
"Thank you sir. We won't let you down."
"Thank you. Now we'll give her birth certificate and every other paper she needs later on in her life with you. Just make sure to keep it hidden somewhere safe."
"Of course sir."
"Then my wife and I'll say goodbye to our precious treasure now so you can take her home tonight."
"Yes sir. Can I ask just one more thing?"
"Of course."
"Will I lose my job?"
"Yes but you'll be given enough money with you to raise her for a few years so don't worry about that."
"Okay."
"Then there is nothing left to say beside this. Keep her safe William, that's all we ask."
"Don't worry."
"Thank you."

And with that William was send back to work again while Laura and Jack said goodbye to their one and only daughter, who had absolutely no clue at all as to what was going on in the world she lived in.