Season 2 A Higher Echelon

Tommy

Seeing A Ghost
What could this mean. Talk about what you think is going to happen in this ep.

***Please do not post spoilers here!!***

According to m-w.com, Echelon means

1 a (1) : an arrangement of a body of troops with its units each somewhat to the left or right of the one in the rear like a series of steps (2) : a formation of units or individuals resembling such an echelon (3) : a flight formation in which each airplane flies at a certain elevation above or below and at a certain distance behind and to the right or left of the airplane ahead b : any of several military units in echelon formation
2 a : one of a series of levels or grades in an organization or field of activity b : a group of individuals at a particular level or grade in an organization

That is like the weirdest title for Alias..
Never heard a title like that before
I wonder what it could mean
a Higher transition or something?

perhaps they are talking about an echelon on a ladder... going up the ladder......what's the ladder....?

i am soooo happy that we finally added an Ep. 11 thread. i was so afraid that the rumors of cancelling Alias was true and that JJ would do it in Ep. 10!

and doesn't Echelon have something to do w/ a ladder? (is it Hebrew?)

"That Was Then" was on a trial run. So was the first few episodes of Alias. If ABC didn't get enough viewers for Alias it would have been canceled on it's trial run also.

the_alliance said:
oh, i see. so do all shows have trial runs?
Probably. Most shows, possibly all, have only the scripts of the first few eps written. Depending on the ratings, more scripts may be written.
What I dont get is that some shows get cancelled before they're even aired, like Greg Grunberg's show. It was cancelled when it wouldn't even premiere until next year.

That's because a group of "random" individuals didn't like the pilot.

"Truth Be Told" was shown to a group of people in a room. If they hadn't liked it, we would never have even heard of ALIAS. :(

AliasALIAS said:
the_alliance said:
oh, i see. so do all shows have trial runs?
Probably. Most shows, possibly all, have only the scripts of the first few eps written. Depending on the ratings, more scripts may be written.
What I dont get is that some shows get cancelled before they're even aired, like Greg Grunberg's show. It was cancelled when it wouldn't even premiere until next year.
The shows go through exectuives that are on the board of NBC or ABC, etc. If the execs don't like it, it gone. Ever since the re-runs of Senfield where Jerry and George try to make a TV show?

aaaaaah i missed whats happening next week? i recorded it but im recording the practice. someone PM or email or reply meeeeeeee! all i heard was sydneeeeeey!

About the higher step on a ladder thing, maybe it has something to do with advancement in work. Vaughn wants to bring Marshall to the CIA, and have Will work for him too, so maybe it relates to that somehow. Just a theory! :smiley:

Back