A Life Like That

Aww I love that Syd and Vaughn are able to e together!!!
-That mug thing was kinda weird!!! :lol:
And I'm really not liking this Jennifer girl!!
-Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the pm!!

:D :D YAY FOR SYD AND VAUGHN!!!!!!!!!

and its about time!!!!

an jullian and jennifer ... i hope he can save syd's ass whilst ...distracting himself as well as jennifer

cant wait for more

update soon

thankx for the pm!!!!

we got a whole lot of 'boom-boom' going on in this chapter.. haha.. its nice to not have drama..

though i am wondering how jen and sark got together.. hmm..

its hard to take your semi-smut seriously when john cena is sitting there staring at me. lol
i have to agree

sorry for being such a bad reviewer but i just caught up on like 6 of the chaps and i love em

its hard to take your semi-smut seriously when john cena is sitting there staring at me. lol

i have to agree

Wait...now that two ppl are saying it, does that make it bad or good?

Anyways, on a updating note; I suffered a tragic family death (i don't kno how else to say it) and the person was really close. Needless to say, my writing hasn't been to mind. I am trying to get back on track tho even though it is hard. I know most of you will like the story to calm down some (i.e. more fluff and Syd and Vaughn time). Because Vaughn is suspended from the CIA, I will be a nice writer and give that all to you. Just work with me here.

I'd also like to mention, if you all have any suggestions or even guesses to where the story is heading, by all means, post 'em and let me know. It helps me a lot more.

Thanks

~Descena

I know how you feel. Seriously, just take your time and grieve. I understand it takes time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just, take your time with everything.

:hug:
~Anja

I'm really sorry to hear about that. Just take your time, and know that we don't expect regular updates in a time like this. Just know we're thinking about you!
Aliaschick347

oh, sorry... i wasn't meaning it as a bad thing... its just funny cause i know who he is. lol

my friend is obsessed... like she has posters and watches all the time and is crazy about him.

don't worry about making us wait, take some time for yourself

oh, sorry... i wasn't meaning it as a bad thing... its just funny cause i know who he is. lol

my friend is obsessed... like she has posters and watches all the time and is crazy about him.
You don't have to say sorry...i didn't care either way...i am pissed about the outcome at summerslam though... :angry:

Thank you all for your support and prayers. It hasn't been easy but I know that I have to continue to some degree. [She] was always a huge fan and supporter of my work and she saw how far I've come. I owe it to her to finish it.

I have to say that because of the immediate response I got, it led my to write this chapter and I feel that posting it now is fine (since I can't sleep anyways).

The following chapters will build up the suspense and climax of the story. Ppl sould be asking such questions such as:

-Where is Irina and is she in fact alive as Sydney believes?
-What is the relationship btwn Jennifer and Julian (formly called jsark by a fan. lol)?
-If Sydney was shot in Germany, then how come she suffered no wounds?

More fluff and couples in the next chapters! :angelic:

Chapter Nine: Post-OP [Germany]

Michael rolled over and fought to open his eyes once more. When he saw part of his bed empty, he turned around and saw the bathroom light on. Squinting, he looked at the clock beside his bed at the time that read ’12:15’. Michael sighed and looked at Sydney who walked out of the bathroom in her business suit. “Going somewhere?” he asked gently.

Sydney looked at him, surprised that he was awake again. “Did I wake you?”

“It’s twelve in the afternoon…you going to work?” he asked, avoiding her question.

Sydney nodded putting on a guilty face and walked back into the bathroom. “Yeah,” she called out. “Kendall wants to brief us on the post-op.”

Michael frowned. “Why? Did they find anything?”

Sydney walked back out and looked at Michael. “No,” she said shaking her head. “I least I don’t think so. That’s why I’m going.” She leaned down to kiss him and grabbed her keys. “It’ll be quick,” she promised.

Michael sighed. “I should be going with you.”

Sydney shook her head. “No. You heard what Chase said.”

Michael nodded. “Yeah I know. ‘Suspended means not working which means no briefings or talking about any missions’,” he said mimicking her.

Sydney smiled and grabbed her purse. “I’ll be back in an hour.”

Michael watched Sydney leave. “What do you want me to do in an hour?”

Sydney stopped and turned around, looking around his bedroom seeing their clothes from the night before scattered about. “Maybe you could clean up in here?” she suggested smiling.

Michael grinned back at her. “Why?” he asked. “It’ll just get messy again when you return.”

Sydney blushed and left leaving Michael to look around the room scratching his head and sighing.

--------------------------------------

“I just think that Agent Vaughn’s suspension was unnecessary,” Nadia said.

“Unnecessary?” Chase repeated, folding her hands on the table. “He went rogue, and brought civilians with him which led to a search and rescue that left an agent in the hospital!”

“He was following a lead,” Nadia said defensively. “Anyone of us would have done it.”

“But neither one of you did,” Chase shot back. “Michael Vaughn did. That’s my point.”

“Agent Weiss wasn’t shot because Vaughn,” Nadia said.

“No,” Kendall spoke up. “He was shot because he was there rescuing Agent Vaughn.”

“No,” Jennifer interjected. “He was shot because of poor surveillance.”

“Look,” Chase said. “The decision still remains on what exactly Agent Vaughn recovered while in Germany.”

“Not a god damn thing that’s what!” Kendall said angrily.

Jennifer shook her head, disagreeing. “No…I think he might have been onto something.”

“And how’s that, Detective?” Chase asked.

Jennifer leaned forward as Sydney entered. Everyone looked up at her as she walked into the room and took her seat beside Nadia, and then turned their attention back to Jennifer. “Their contact was killed. Which tells you want?”

“That he did have the information,” Nadia finished.

“Exactly. Whatever he had it was something that obviously sparked Mr. Tippen’s interest to even think about traveling to Germany…”

“And something that he needed Agent Vaughn for,” Nadia refined for her once more.

Jennifer nodded at Nadia, pleased that both were on the same page. Chase considered this and looked at Kendall, who only shrugged. She then looked at Sydney. “How are you Agent Bristow?”

The sudden change in subject and the attention she was receiving made Sydney a little uneasy, but she shrugged it off. “Okay, I guess. Just…tired.”

Chase nodded, taking in the information. “What about your current situation?”

“My situation?” she repeated, clearly not understanding.

“Yes,” Chase said. “Between Germany and your mother. Do you believe there are any consequences?”

Sydney thought for a moment realizing that she never even thought about it. “Well, it didn’t cross my mind,” she admitted. “There could be, but at this point I think it’s too early to tell. I mean…we don’t even know where she is.”

“Or if she’s alive,” Jennifer pointed out, her eyes fixed on Sydney.

Chase looked at both women and nodded. “Well,” she said standing up. “This is a lot of information to take in and no doubt a lot of ways to approach it.” She looked directly at Sydney. “After talking to Detective Rhodes last night, she and I both agree that we see no point in taking away your clearance again. You and Agent Vaughn deserve well rested time together. So for now, enjoy it. The CIA and FBI will work together to find Irina Derevko or at the very least confirm her death. I also believe that Detective Rhodes will continue her investigation into Arvin Sloane’s murder. With that said, this meeting is adjourned.”

Sydney sighed as everyone stood up and began to leave. “Hey, Nadia.”

Nadia looked at her sister with concerned eyes. “Yeah?”

Sydney matched her saddened eyes. “How’s Eric doing? Michael and I haven’t had time yet to go and see him.”

Nadia smiled slightly and nodded. “He’s good. Doctor’s said he should make a full recovery in the next month or so.”

A month? Sydney nodded. “That’s good then, right?”

Nadia nodded. “Yeah.”

When she turned and left, Jennifer watched Sydney closely. “You were good out there,” Sydney told her.

Jennifer raised an eyebrow. “You mean Germany?” Sydney nodded and Jennifer shrugged. “Just doing what I had to.” As Sydney prepared to leave, Jennifer blocked her way. “How’s your arm?”

“Fine.”

“Lemme see.”

“Detective…”

“I read the medical report, Bristow. Just a minor bruise? They said you weren’t shot.”

Sydney nodded. “Yep. So now I’m just gonna go…”

Jennifer narrowed her eyes at her. “I saw you get shot. I was covered with your blood.” Sydney said nothing, just remained silent and emotionless as Jennifer continued. “I don’t know what you’re pulling, Bristow, but you better start being honest with me. You may be able to fool others, but not me.”

“Are you sure you know what you saw?” Sydney said, challenging her.

Jennifer smiled, not taking the bait. “Just remember this…I’m watching you.”

“Good to know.”

Sydney moved past Jennifer and opened the door as Jennifer said, “I know you killed him.”

Sensing that Sydney had paused, Jennifer turned around and looked at her. “I know that he was unarmed and I know that it was you who pulled the trigger. All I need to do is prove it to put you away for good and know this…I am excellent at my job and I will prove it.”

Sydney sighed and walked out, not looking back.

i'm sorry to hear about your loss, i know it can be really hard when you lose someone who you are really close to, if i can hlpe in anyway let me know!

as for the story, just take your time! we can wait :smiley:

take care
xxxxx

Back