A Life Like That

Dang and I just thought Jennifer in a relationship with Julian was her reason for helping him. Now it appears he has something of hers, or someone rather...interesting. I agree with Michael, since Syd came back she is different more determined and stubborn, maybe even fanatical, about getting stuff done about her Mom and the Covenant.
Great update
Thanks for the pm

awesome update! please let us find out what's really happening soon!
Aliaschick347
ps- fanfic.net is being silly and wont' let me see the latest chapter of your x-men fic! :angry:

whats with jennifer? she is getting stranger in each chapter

oh nooooo syd and vaughn cant fight :(

thanks for the pm cant wait for next update

I think Jennifer is infact a follower of Rambaldi and doesn't want Sydney hurt. Also, I think Vaughn overreacted a bit.

Great chapter!

I really like the ideas you guys are coming up with so far. U're really thinking about this story and I love it :D

Chapter Thirteen: Mister Lombardi

Sydney slipped her gun in between her lower back and her belt and sighed squinting at the sunlight as she exited the building with Michael, Nadia, Jennifer and her father. Sydney looked around and saw no other car on the street except for their SUV. Sydney and her team had left for Germany in the morning and then went directly to Will’s former contact. She was sure that she’d find something that would have led to her mother or the Convenant if not both. But she had found nothing. It was a wasted effort and now she nothing to go on.

“So…we flew out here for no true reason, wasting a perfectly good day?” Jennifer complained.

“Basically,” Michael drawled.

“Chances are that they cleaned up after we left,” Jack reassured his daughter, referring to the Convenant.

Sydney nodded. It was possible that Irina and the Convenant believed that Sydney would return to search for them; Which led right back to her dead end and using the CIA’s resources.

“So what now?” Nadia asked.

The entire team looked at Sydney. After considering things for a moment, Sydney finally nodded her head, ever so slightly. “Let’s go home,” she muttered.

Jennifer clapped her hands in excitement, receiving annoyed glances from Sydney and Jack, but she ignored them and turned to Michael. “Keys please?” Jennifer herself was eager to leave the country and the god forsaken hell-hole, as she so mildly had put it.

Michael looked at Sydney and smiled, slightly shaking his head, and tossing the car keys to Jennifer who caught them in mid-air. Jennifer quickly walked up to the SUV and jumped in, starting the engine as Sydney’s cell phone rang. Curiosity, she pulled it out and flipped it open. “Hello?”

“Well,” said the voice on the other end. “I never thought I’d hear your voice again.”

Sydney stopped in her tracks as her eyes widened, causing Michael and Jack to stop as well and look at Sydney with worry. “Sydney?” her father started.

But Sydney ignored him and the annoying looks Jennifer was throwing her way. “Lauren?” she choked out.

“Well, you still have your memory,” Lauren joked.

Sydney broke a smile across her features. “I can’t believe it…”

“Well, unfortunately, Sydney…this isn’t a social call. We’ll have time for that.”

Sydney nodded and at once put on her game face. “Okay.”

“You’re probably wondering why I am calling you?” Sydney pondered the thought, but before she could respond, Lauren continued. “The truth is, I know what happened in Germany. I know a man contacted Will Tippin with information that would have led to you and your mother. I also know that this contact of Will’s had valuable information and tools that the Convenant wants, but can also prove valuable to the CIA.”

“So why tell me this now?” Sydney questioned. “Will’s contact is dead.”

“No,” Lauren replied. “He is not.” The news was shocking to Sydney, but not as much as Laurens next words. “…And I know where he is.”

---------------

Jennifer drove down the streets of Berlin and looked straight ahead, anger and annoyance masked on her face. Sydney was sitting shotgun while the rest of the team where in the back listening to Sydney.

“…So Lauren believes that the Convenant is after this man because he has one last piece of Rabamldi’s artifact. Something that they call, ‘The Horizon’.”

While Jennifer rolled her eyes, Michael leaned up closer to Sydney. “So, how does Lauren know he’s alive?”

Sydney shrugged, slightly puzzled. “I don’t know. She didn’t say.”

“So what’s the plan then?” Nadia asked. “I mean, we can’t just go in there blind.”

Sydney nodded. “I know. We’re going to go and see the man.”

“Lauren gave you an address?” Jack asked, taken aback.

Sydney only nodded. “Yep…he resides in Italy.”

“Italy?” Jennifer spoke up, shooting Sydney a look. Sydney only offered a playfully devilish smile at her. Jennifer only shook her in disgust and pressed her foot down harder on the gas pedal.

---------------------------------

The ride to the airport was quick…Jennifer made sure of that. The trip from Germany to Italy felt a lot longer than it took. While Sydney tried her best to cope with the fact that Lauren was not completely M.I.A. or AWOL, she still had no word on Julian and she wondered to herself if Lauren knew where he was. Throughout the whole flight, Jennifer had been uneasy and annoyed. Sydney took note of Jennifer’s sudden change in her moods lately, but made no move to question her on it…at least of all now. When they finally landed in Italy, Sydney made sure they had a car and she drove them to the address Lauren had provided for her. Normally, Sydney wouldn’t have a clue as to where she was going, but getting around seemed to be easier than she thought. Within eight hours from raiding the house in Germany once more, they were now standing in front of Will’s contact known residence. Sydney only prayed that he was here and alive, able to give her the answers she desired. As Sydney approached the door, she knocked it but as her knuckle touched the wooden door, it creaked open. Sydney glanced back at Nadia, Jennifer, Michael and her father as Jennifer reached for her gun.

“No,” Sydney scolded. “We don’t want to scare him off.”

“What?” Jennifer almost barked. “He could be dangerous!”

Sydney eyes flashed in anger. “Holster your weapon!”

Jennifer returned Sydney’s icy stare, but did what she was told. Jennifer and the others followed Sydney into the house. The house was bigger in the inside than it looked on the outside. The walls were covered with paintings and ancient writings and there were no lights; only candles sitting on small end tables and hanging from the walls lightened the darkened house. As they progressed into the house further, Sydney noticed that the paintings and symbolic images were those of Rabamldi’s. As she stopped to study one of the paintings, an old man’s voice was heard not too far away, taking her out of gaze.

“Ah!” he said smiling. “Sydney Bristow. It is a pleasure.”

Sydney walked into the house and into a well lit part of the house where an elderly man with a long white beard and long white hair sat behind an old wooden desk with papers and books covering the surface. Sydney raised her eyebrow at the old man believing that she had seen him somewhere before. “How do you know my name?” she asked, slightly wary.

The old man smiled gently. “I know everything about you,” he answered.

He looked behind Sydney and smiled once more. “And Mister Vaughn,” he said shaking his hand. He then turned to Jack and Jennifer. “And you must be Sydney’s father,” he nodded toward Jack; then he turned his attention to Nadia. “Agent Santos,” he greeted. “And that makes you Detective Rhodes.”

Jennifer raised her eyebrow and stared at the man suspiciously. “How’d you know that?”

“My dear,” the old man grinned. “I have studied Milo Rabamldi’s work for years…my entire life. I knew you the moment you landed in Italy.”

Jennifer nodded, still unconvinced. “Uh-huh,” but she noticed that no one else was saying anything about it, so she decided to keep quiet.
He smiled at the group once more. “My name is Lombardi.”

“You know why we’re here,” Jack said. It wasn’t a question; it was a statement. The old man nodded and walked further into the house, with Sydney and company in tow.

“Yes,” Lombardi said, “I have informed Ms. Reed that I have vital information about Rabamldi and his prophecies and how it involved you.”

“And how to stop Irina too, right?” Michael asked.

Lombardi nodded. “Yes, yes, of course.” Lombardi walked behind his desk and pulled out Rabamldi’s books and writings.”

“I thought the CIA had those,” Sydney commented.

“They do,” Lombardi remarked. “But what they have are mere copies whereas these are the originals. These works unlock everything about Rabamldi and what he saw in our time now. What his plans were.”

“His plans?” Jack echoed.

Lombardi nodded. “Oh yes. Here, look.” Lombardi lifted the book up for all to see and as they were gazing at the pictures, Lombardi explained the ancient language that was written on it. “Milo Rabamldi foresaw that there would be five humans that would possess his blood. His tissues.”

“His what?” Jennifer asked suddenly, crossing her arms across her chest. She still believed that all this ‘Rabamldi’ stuff was garbage and that they were wasting their time. And her body language showed it.

“Before his death, Rabamldi took his DNA and injected five test subjects in his time so that the humans now, in this time, will carry his DNA with his powers.”

Sydney looked at the man as if he was crazy, but she couldn’t find herself to say anything…not after all she had been through.

“Were you dropped on your head as a baby?” Jennifer asked Lombardi. “What you said made absolutely no sense.”

“Maybe to a non-believer,” Lombardi suggested.

“You said these five people have powers,” Michael reminded him, thwarting any attempts Jennifer had to seriously hurting the elder man verbally or otherwise physically. “Do you know who they are?”

Lombardi nodded. “Most of them have been revealed…yes. Sydney is the Chosen One. ‘She will bring a new force into the world that determines the entire fate of the human race…onto utter desolation’.”

Jennifer scoffed and slowly walked away from the group, studying the artifacts on the walls in the room and ignoring the old man.

“’The Passenger, whom is related to the Chosen One’,” Lombardi looked up at Nadia, then to Sydney, “your sister…’will fight the Chosen One until one, or both, is dead.’ Then,” Lombardi continued, “there is the interpreter. ‘One who welds the power to bring forth Rabamldi’s works and teachings and to understand Milo Rabamldi and his writings’.” Lombardi once more looked up at Sydney. “I have realized that that person is Arvin Sloane.”

At the mention of Sloane’s name, Jennifer turned and looked at Lombardi. “Was,” she corrected. Then she turned her attention back to the paintings and art.

“Who else is there?” Jack asked.

“Well,” Lombardi sighed. “There is the Soothsayer. ‘She will withhold all the power of Milo Rabamldi and of his endgame. For she will become everything that he has worked for’.”

“Irina,” Sydney said simply.

“Correct,” Lombardi said. “And the last one is death.”

“Death?” Michael repeated. “Like the angel of death?”

Lombardi shook his head. “No, not quite. Death was never described thoroughly in his book. Neither was Rabamldi’s endgame…the outcome of what he saw. It is then that we assume he passed on.”

“So, we know of some of his visions and we know who most of them are,” Jack summed up, “But we still are missing one of the five people and Rabamldi’s true endgame?”

“And what he was planning to do with his invention,” Sydney added.

Jennifer walked back over to the group and shoved her hands in her coat. “I feel like I’m on an episode of the X-Files,” she muttered.

“You are not a believer?” Lombardi asked.

Jennifer rolled her eyes. “How’d you figure that one out?” Jennifer sighed heavily and picked up Rabamldi’s book. “Look, I’m just not buying this bullshit. Some guy who lived like eight centuries ago is able to see your whole future and configure you into his little plan before you’re even born?” Jennifer then dropped the book. “I don’t buy that…sorry. Instead of chasing make believe stories and legends, we should be searching for Irina the regular way and finding Sloane’s killer. Not chatting with Merlin here.”

“Jennifer,” Sydney said. “I didn’t believe in this stuff either…”

“And now you do?” Jennifer interrupted.

“You haven’t seen what I have,” Sydney said defensively. “I promised you we would get your killer if you helped me, and this is part of the deal.”

Jennifer shook her and head and sighed. “Fine whatever.”

Sydney turned back to Lombardi. “How could you find this ‘death’ person?”

Lombardi shrugged. “I do not know. I am sure of one thing and that is that this person is close with you, the Chosen One. We could do a blood test and using Rabamldi fluid, we could determine who it is that way.”

“A blood test can show you all that?” Jack asked. Lombardi nodded. “Is there anything else we should know?”

Lombardi thought for a moment then nodded. “Oh yes.”

“What’s that?” Sydney asked.

“Milo Rabamldi…does not exist.”

:eek: *eyes [pop out* OK WOW
seriously
Omg Milo Rambaldi does not exist
thats like MASSIVE
but if he doesnt exist it doesnt make sense who injected WHOS tissue into the 5
and is vaughn the 5th
wow this is huge i need to go reread and reanalysie everything

WOW!!! And the twists just keep coming!!!
-I can't believe Rambaldi doesn't exist!! If he doesn't than who made all of it up!!!
Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the pm!!

Back