A Life Like This

Descena

Cadet
Title: A Life Like This
Genre: Romance/Drama
Disclaimer: Don't own Alias....yet

This could take place in Season 1 and 2

Can also be a AU...but, I didn't really make it that way

Sydney works for SD-6, knowing fully what it is they are about and do. Vaughn works for the CIA, who are now hell-bent on bringing down all the SD-cells. Syd and Vaughn meet each other and end up falling one another, but when both of their secrets are revealed, their love is put to test as their loyalties are divided.

Beep, beep, beep... Sydney Bristow groaned and rolled over, reaching for her alarm clock, and shutting it off. Six in the morning...wonderful. Sydney fought the urge to ignore the alarm and go back to sleep, pretending it was still Sunday, so she could sleep in. Sydney slowly, but surely, got up and jumped in the shower. She loved living in LA, but didn't love the fact that she was residing in a beautiful house on the beach, alone. Well, not totally alone. Her two best friends were also her neighbors. Will and Francie lived just next to her and Sydney felt comfortable that it worked out that way. Sydney would be playing the third wheel all the time if they lived together. Will and Francie had been dating for awhile, back when Sydney was dating. Which was such a long time ago, she though sighing. Not too long though, only a few months. Sydney jumped out of the shower, got dressed and fixed her hair. Caffeine, that's what I need, she thought. Sydney smiled as she headed out the door and to her favorite morning place in the world...

Beep, beep, beep... Michael Vaughn hit his hand on the alarm clock next to his bed, successfully ending the annoying chirp it made. He slowly crawled out of bed and into the shower. Monday was a day he did not look forward to. Going to work...working...going home spending the night alone, again. That was his weekdays. He quickly got dressed. Coffee, he thought happily, that's what I need. He grabbed his keys and smiled, heading to his favorite morning place in the world...

Starbucks was packed. It wasn't just the usual normal crowd, it was ten times that. Sydney tapped her foot impatiently and looked at her watch. Sloane is gonna kill me. But there was no turning back now, she was next in line and even though the person behind the counter was slow as ever, Sydney needed her coffee. She was craving it now. After the man in front her went, she rushed up to the counter and quickly ordered an iced coffee. She thought of flashing her badge and gun to make them move faster so she could leave, but it wasn't like she was a normal cop or anything. And she might get in trouble for doing so. Sydney waited again until it was made for her, paid for it and thanked them. She quickly turned around, in a rush and collided with someone walking towards the counter. "Oh god!" Sydney quickly turned around and grabbed some napkins. The man she'd bumped into sighed deeply, and slightly annoyed, staring at his now ruined suit. "I am so sorry," Sydney said. She looked up at the man and caught her words. God, he is gorgeous, she thought. She smiled, embarrassed. "I'm so sorry."

Michael looked at the woman who had split the coffee on him and smiled at her. God, she's so beautiful. "It's ok," he said. "At least it was cold."

She laughed nervously and looked at him. "Do you, uh...?"

Michael shook his head. "No, it's ok. I have some clothes in my car, it's fine really."

She nodded. "Ok." She glanced at her watch. "Oh felgercarb," she muttered. She quickly grabbed her empty cup and started to the door. "Wait," Michael called after her. But it was too late. She had already left. Michael smiled to himself.

Sydney quickly walked into Credit Dauphine and greeted all those around her. She rounded a corner and entered an elevator. The man looked at her, and smiled, then pressed the button, proceeding to the correct floor. Disguised as a bank, Credit Dauphine was really the headquarters of SD-6, on the SD branches. Her boss, Arvin Sloane, headed it. It was SD-6's sole objective to put an end to terrorism, by taking any means necessary, to do so. This meant Black-Ops tactics, and taking the weapons from those who cannot be trusted to withhold them...even the CIA. Sydney slipped into the briefing room quietly, but Sloane caught her, and stopped his discussion.

"Agent Bristow," he said, "Thank you for finally joining us."

"Sorry," Sydney said.

Sydney took her seat next to their tech op, Marshall Flinkman and Agent Lauren Reed. She sat across from her partner, Agent Julian Sark, who smiled at her.

"As I was saying," Sloane continued. "One of our operatives, Agent Samuel Smith, was caught and apprehended by the CIA."

"Did he talk?" Julian asked.

"Yes, he did. About SD-6. Not everything, just our name and few connections."

"What did he spill?" Sydney asked

"Our current objective," Sloane answered. "Rabmaldi, and our search for Nicolas Casanova."

"Can we expect the CIA to interfere with our mission?" Lauren asked.

"Yes we can, I guarantee that they will first go after Casanova and try to get more information from Smith. So, first, we get to Casanova. Julian, Sydney, you two will head to Nevada where he is being held in a safe house. Take him out. Lauren, I want you and Marshall to find a way into the CIA to take care of Smith. That is all."

Michael closed his truck in the garage under the CIA headquarters building. It wasn't the official one, it was only the one for California. He walked into the building, adjusting his coat. Michael's job was an important one. As an Agent of the CIA, it was his job to take down the bad guys, simply put. And one of the most dangerous ones, lied inside the SD-6 cell. As he walked into the briefing room, he saw Marcus Dixon, Jack Bristow and Eric Weiss already there. He sat next to best friend and fellow agent, Eric when Agent Kendall, the Director of the LA division, walked in.

"Ok," Kendall started. "Let me lay this out for you. SD-6, is a black ops division. They have always been one step ahead of us for the past few months. As you all know, we recently caught an Agent of SD-6, Samuel Smith. We expect within 24 hours, that he'll tell us everything he knows about SD-6, including who he worked for and along side of. Until then, our main concern is Nicolas Casanova. He is at a safe house in Nevada. Casanova can give us Intel on the SD cells and what they are looking for in regards to Rabamldi. We can also expect SD-6 to send agents, so Vaughn, Dixon, you two will go to Nevada and extract Casanova. Any questions?" Kendall looked at everyone, and with no response said, "All right, gear up."

Sydney walked out of the briefing room and made her way to Tech OP when Sark caught up with her.
"So..." he began, "You excited about the mission?"

Sydney looked at him, raising her eyebrow. "Should I be? It's like every other mission."

"Well, I just thought that since you and Smith had worked together..."

Sydney stopped and faced Julian. "He betrayed us...this country. That is all he is to me now...a traitor."

"I see."

"Good...I'll meet you at the airport."

Julian watched Sydney walk away. "I look forward to it."

Eric followed Michael out of the briefing room. "You all right?"

Michael looked at him. "Yeah, why?"

"You just seem more...glowy."

"Glowy? Is that even a word?"

"Well, you know..." Eric shrugged.

"I saw the most beautiful woman today," he said, thinking of the woman who split the coffee on him in Starbucks.

"Oh yeah?" Eric said. "What's her name?"

Michael shook his head. "I don't know."

Eric smirked. "You met a beautiful woman, and didn't get her name?"

Michael shrugged. "Yeah..."

Eric shook his head, smiling.

"What?" Michael said, defensively.

"Nothing. Forget it." Eric walked away.

"What?" Michael called after him

TBC....
^_^

Back