ooooooooooooooo cliffy
jack??
can't wait
thanks for the pm
michael n syds convo was sweet
upodate soon please
thanks

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

Sydney couldn't believe her very eyes. She looked down at her glass of wine. Maybe there was something in the drink...? She looked back up at the new guest. "Mom?" Sydney's eyes were upon her mother, Laura Bristow. "I thought you were in South America?"

Sydney's mother shrugged and smiled at her. "I was. We got done early. Tackled a big client." Laura took a glass of wine from the Butler and sat across from Sydney. Like her father, Jack Bristow, Laura traveled a lot. She was the General Manager of a bank called IBM. International Bank of Mert. Mert, was Jeff Mert, the banks founder and owner...and Laura's boss. Sydney blinked in confusion. "Does Dad know you're back?"

Her mother nodded. "Of course he does," Laura looked over at Emily, "Which by the way, Jack sends his regrets. He got caught up in work."

Emily smiled at Laura and nodded. "Not a problem, another time then." Sydney smiled at Emily. For as long as she could remember, Emily and her mother were best friends. Sloane and her father just, 'got along'.

Emily sat down her glass of wine and stood up. "Shall we go have dinner now?" Sydney nodded and put down her glass. Please, she thought, and let it do by quickly.

----------

About two and half hours later, when everyone was full, all the conversion had stopped and the dishes were clean, Laura and Sydney said their good-byes and thank yous, and Sydney walked out to her car, sighing and craving so badly the comfort of her bed. It wasn't until she hit a button on her key chain, unlocking the doors to her car that she heard her mother calling her name. Sydney turned to her mother and looked at her as she was approaching. "What?" Sydney never had a great relationship with either one of her parents. They were either fighting about her and her schooling or about them both taking week long trips. Even though she had both parents, and they were still living together, Sydney had always gotten the feeling from both of them that they were leading double lives. Sydney took one look at her mother and at the sunflower dress she was wearing, and snickered. Yep...now there's a spy.

Laura looked at her daughter and smiled. "It's good to see you," she said.

Sydney rolled her eyes. "Mother, it's late, I am tired, I have to get up early to go to work, and you saw me four days ago." Sydney opened her car door and got in the drivers seat and started the car. Laura grabbed the door preventing Sydney from closing it and driving away. Sydney huffed in annoyance and looked at her mother.

"I just wanted to talk," Laura said.

Sydney nodded. "Not tonight, please?"

Laura nodded and let go of the door. "I'll call you tomorrow then?"

"Fine." Sydney slammed the door, and drove of into the night. Laura stared after her daughter until the headlights faded away. It was then that Sloane was standing behind her. "Emily is asleep," he said.
Laura nodded. "Good." She turned to him.

"We need to talk," he said. "About your daughter."

"And her involvement with the CIA?"

Sloane nodded. "With Michael Vaughn, in particular."

--------------

Sydney felt like she was dancing on the stars. Her third Starbucks meeting with Michael was wonderful. She had forgotten all about Smith and the CIA, and about SD-6 and Sloane and Julian and her mother. All there was now was Michael and her. For days they had gone out. Starbucks meetings, dinner dates, phone calls, surprise lunches. Sydney was happier than she had been in a long time. And it was showing.

"Oh my God!" Francie squealed. "You have got to spill!"

"Well...." Sydney began, her eyes glowing. "Michael, is...incredible. He is hockey buff..."

"Really?" Francie asked. "Hockey?"

"Yep. He used to play."

"Oh what, was he the starter? The 'main guy'?"

Sydney frowned. "No...."

"Oh," Francie sighed. "Well, what else?"

Sydney smiled and shook her head. "I don't know Francie, it's just, I feel like myself when I'm around him. Like I have nothing to worry about and he likes me...for me."

"Awww..." Francie looked closely at Sydney. "So, when are you gonna...?" Sydney looked at Francie, not understanding.

"Fran!" Sydney giggled, suddenly realizing what she meant.

Francie raised her hands innocently. "What? You have to know if he can do it before you marry him!"

"I said nothing about a wedding."

"No...but your face did," Francie pointed out.

"I've only known him for a week!"

"All the more reason, to, you know...de-stress yourself."

Sydney shook her head. "I'm going to leave now."

Francie laughed. "Ah, come on!"

"No!" Sydney chuckled. "Good-bye!"

"Bye. And remember...!"

Sydney opened the door to find Will outside, putting his key in, and holding a bag full of grocery's. Sydney looked back at Francie's way. "You're girlfriend is crazy."

"Wha-?"

Sydney smiled and walked away while Will entered the living room seeing Francie. "What did you do?"

Francie shrugged at him and avoided his eyes. "Nothing..." she said innocently.

😆 Hehehehe....you all thought it was gonna be Jack. I am good :cool:

Back