A Life of Loss

It's my first fic... I originally posted it at SD-1, but now I'm going to post it here too!!! :D

Disclaimer: Alias does not belong to me, neither do Sydney or Sark or most of the other characters.

Summary: Sydney is taking a vacation for the first time in many years and she runs into an old enemy, but he has a surprise for her...

Chapter One

Julian Sark never thought that it would never be possible for him to have a normal life. Of course he had thought about it, dreamt about it. He thought about leaving his life behind every single day since he had started living this crazy life. Once he had raised his first gun, to make his first kill, he regretted his decisions. Every single decision. He regretted leaving home after his mother’s death. He regretted agreeing to work with Irina, ordering his father’s assassination, sleeping with Lauren. But most of all, he regretted his decision to let someone into his heart. From that moment on, he was no longer the same person. Mr. Sark now had a weakness. Her name was Sydney Bristow.

One year earlier…

Sydney Bristow walked through the front doors of a Paris hotel, she was glowing. Confidence radiated from her. She felt perfect. The past year had been horrible, but now suddenly everything was just amazing. Lauren had been killed, she had broken things off with Vaughn and she was finally taking some time off from work. It was her first very well earned vacation in many years.

After she left Vaughn, she decided that she deserved some time off. Dixon was more than happy to agree. He had said that she should have left sooner, but she hadn’t felt that it had been the right time until now.

“Springtime in Paris” she mumbled under her breath, smiling to herself.

Everyone’s eyes were drawn to the extraordinary woman walking through the hotel lobby smiling and looking content. Wearing nothing but a just-over-the-knee red summer dress, black heels and black sunglasses, Sydney felt like the most beautiful woman in the universe. She didn’t have a care in the world.

Walking up the open elevator doors she smiled at the elevator attendant and walked into the small car. “Fourth floor please.”

“Pas problème mademoiselle” the attendant replied smiling back. The doors began to close as he saw a man running towards the door frantically asking for the elevator to be held. He did as the man asked and re-opened the doors.

The man ran into the elevator and thanked the attendant. “Fourth floor please” he said with an unmistakable voice.

Sydney quickly frowned after immediately recognizing his accent, though she did not make eye contact with him yet. She didn’t dare endanger the life of the innocent man in the elevator who was just doing his job. Nothing that could possibly happen would have been his fault.

The elevator soon made its way up to the fourth floor and Sydney and the man exited without making eye contact. Obviously he did not recognize her yet.

The man began to walk to his hotel room which happened to be in the same direction of her own room. Not wanting to miss an opportunity like this, she followed the man to where he stopped, took out a key and entered his room. It was room number six. Her room was number seven. She knew that now was not the time to confront him, so she entered her room and walked to the foot of the bed. She couldn’t think straight. She needed to relax. She sat down on the foot of the bed and took in a deep breath.

Calm down Syd. You’re just panicking. He couldn’t actually be here. He’s in CIA custody. Someone would have told you if he was out, she kept telling herself. But the reality was that he was here. He was across the hall from her right now. You can’t actually do anything right now. You’re not prepared. Save it for tomorrow.

Her brain was working overtime. Thinking of all the possibilities. What if he’s leaving later tonight?! It’s a possibility. He could be on some kind of mission. He needs to be stopped!

Her mind came to the conclusion that she could not wait until tomorrow. She got off the bed, moved to the dresser and changed into a pair of black sweatpants and a black runner’s tank top. All right, now all I need is my trusty 9mm and I’ll be ready. She walked over to the bed once again and raised the mattress slightly, revealing her trusty 9mm. Picking it up and tucking it into the waistband of her pants at the small of her back, she walked into the hallway.

She took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself for what she was about to do, and knocked on the door.

The door opened revealing a man in black sweatpants and a black t-shirt with a look of total surprise on his face.

“Hello Agent Bristow” he said with a smirk slowly appearing on his face.

“Hello Mr. Sark.”

That was chapter 1! I've written most of the fic already, and at SD-1 I've posted up to chapter 17. I hope you like it!!!
Comment if you would like a PM. :D

Chapter Two

An awkward moment of silence washed over the pair in the hallway. Sark broke the silence by coughing. “So, what brings you to my temporary doorstep Agent Bristow?”

“I’m not here to take you into custody if that’s what you’re asking” she smirked at him. “At least I’m not taking you into custody yet.”

“Well that’s always good to hear. Would you like to come in? I could offer you a drink.”

“Sure I’ll come in, but I don’t need anything to drink.”

“So what brings you to Paris? What kind of mission has the hopeless CIA sent you on this time?”

“Actually, I’m not on a mission.” He looked at her surprised. “I’m taking a well deserved vacation. My first one in a long time.”

“Really? Well I cannot say that you don’t deserve a vacation. You overwork yourself Sydney, you really do.”

“Are you concerned for my well being Mr. Sark? That really surprises me.” She said raising an eyebrow.

“Oh? And why would that be? I have feelings you know.”

“You just don’t seem to be the type of person who would care about whether or not I work too hard.”

“I respect you Agent Bristow. I feel that you are my equal. You are an incredibly talented and beautiful woman.” He took two steps closer to her.

Sydney was now suddenly a little uncomfortable. She moved her hands behind her back touching her gun, just in case he tried anything that she did not approve of.

“Do you know what I have always wanted to do?” Sark asked Sydney.

“What is that?” she asked breathlessly. She wasn’t even sure it came out of her mouth at all.

Sark moved even closer. Closing in the space between them. Moving his hands up to grasp her shoulders lightly, slowly pulling her towards him, tilting his head to hers. Their lips briefly touched when gunfire erupted in the hallway behind his closed door.

“felgercarb!” Sydney cursed. Oh of course this has to happen right now. She grabbed her gun from her back and watched Sark run for his gun next to the bed.

“What do you think we should do now?” Sark quickly asked.

“Well… we need to do something, but we have to see who’s out there and how many of them there are.”

“So how do you propose we do that agent Bristow?”

“I’ll do what I do best… improvise” she said with a definite smirk on her face as she went to open the door. She paused and looked back at Sark. “Your room is near the stairwell right?”

“Of course. I always need a quick getaway.”

“Great” she stated as she opened the door. The gunfire suddenly stopped and Sydney moved out into the hallway silently. “Sark, keep this door open for cover. We’ll need it.”

He nodded his approval to her as he was slowly formulating a back-up plan. The only problem was that there was only one plan, and she had figured it out before him. That made him a tab pissed off. She was always one step ahead of him. Always making him think harder, but getting there before him. It was infuriating, but he respected that about her.

Suddenly the gunfire was back. There were at least four men with pistols at the other end of the hallway. Luckily, Sark could duck out of the room behind the door. As he did, he threw the door open and placed a chair in front of it, propping it open and providing some cover for the pair as they escaped.

Sark joined Sydney shooting their way towards the stairwell together. Occasionally, a bullet would hit the walls around them, but the door did seem to be doing its job of protecting them. Once they made it to the stairwell, they ran as fast as they could down the stairs, being careful not to fall. One of them always glancing back to make sure that no one was there and one always looking forward to make sure that no one was ahead.

Once they got to the ground floor, confident that no one was following them right now, they ran out into the parking lot. Sydney was checking out where they were right now, while Sark had gotten out his keys and began jogging towards a car.

“So, would you like to go for a ride?” he asked her.

“Why I’d love to. Thanks for asking” she replied. She eyed the car for a moment. “This is a really nice car Sark.”

“Thank you. I like to drive the best.”

“I could have guessed. The fine wines, expensive tailored suits, the fact that you’re a rich British spy… it just makes sense.”

“Well, I think that you’ve analyzed me sufficiently enough for the moment,” he began to drive out of the parking lot towards the centre of the city. “I think that we should do a little shopping.”

“You want to take me shopping Sark?” she asked in disbelief.

“Well, we can’t exactly go around Paris looking like this now can we?”

“I guess you’re right. Do you know a place where I could get something a little nicer?” she asked.

“Of course I do! You just told me that I know how to live expensively didn’t you?”

“Well, Sark… CIA agents don’t get paid too much. If we could find a department store or something-“

“Sydney… what am I going to do with you!? I will take you to where I see fit, and I will pay for your new clothing. After all, it’s the least I can do after you got us out of there alive and you’re not currently taking me into custody.”

“I guess that should be alright. I just think I feel a little odd about a terrorist buying me clothes.”

“Well you haven’t heard then!”

“Heard what?” she asked. Not having any idea as to what he was referring to.

“I’m out!” he stated excitedly. He chuckled for a moment after seeing the disbelief written over her face. “I decided a few weeks ago that I’m tired of the death and the whole life. I quit Sydney.”

Sydney was speechless. She couldn’t formulate more than one thought he’s out. That thought was bouncing through her mind. He’s out, he’s out, he’s out!!!

“Syd, you still in there?” he said while quietly laughing to himself.

“You’re out? And you just called me Syd!” she glared at him.

“Yes, I’m out. I left Irina’s agency, the covenant, all of it. I left everything behind.”

“Why did you decide to do this?”

“Sydney, I did it for the same reason you became a double agent.”

“What?”

“I lost someone that I loved.”

She looked at him with a definite look of sorrow “Sark, I’m so sorry. Who was she?”

He looked away and cleared his throat. “I cannot tell you that… yet.”

“Why not?” she looked at him, her eyes pleading for an answer.

“Because you’ll hate me forever, you’ll force me to pull over this car and you’ll give me the beating of a lifetime.”

“Why Sark? Who could you have loved that I would kill you over?”

He sighed. He was giving in, and she knew it. “Lauren Reed.”

Thanks for reviewing Ash!

*giggles*

I <3 this story all ready!

"Do you know what I have always wanted to do?" Sark asked Sydney.

"What is that?" she asked breathlessly. She wasn't even sure it came out of her mouth at all.

Sark moved even closer. Closing in the space between them. Moving his hands up to grasp her shoulders lightly, slowly pulling her towards him, tilting his head to hers. Their lips briefly touched when gunfire erupted in the hallway behind his closed door.

God Damn gunfire!
*whines*

It was all cute, and seductive-ish...
I hate the bad guys... *narrows eyes at the four goons shooting at them*

"Because you'll hate me forever, you'll force me to pull over this car and you'll give me the beating of a lifetime."

"Why Sark? Who could you have loved that I would kill you over?"

He sighed. He was giving in, and she knew it. "Lauren Reed."

...Who, in there right mind, would fall in love with Lauren Reed?
Seriously, she plays EVERYBODY.
Mr.Julian just doesnt know what hes talking about *shakes head*
He lusted her.
He loves Sydney.

*admires handy work*
*nods acceptingly*

Thanks for the PM!
Awesome job!
Cant wait for more.
*_Ash

...Who, in there right mind, would fall in love with Lauren Reed?
Seriously, she plays EVERYBODY.
Mr.Julian just doesnt know what hes talking about *shakes head*
He lusted her.
He loves Sydney.

*admires handy work*
*nods acceptingly*

Thanks for the PM!
Awesome job!
Cant wait for more.
*_Ash
Thanks! I hope you like what happens next... You will have to wait for tomorrow!!! :D

*hurupmhs*

... You could be nice and give it to me as a good luck 'gift' for my English mid term tomorrow :angelic:
Ooh, I get what you're going through. I've done that before.

So in that case, I will post TWO updates for you right now!!! :D

Chapter Three

Sydney looked over at Sark, who looked forwards at the road making sure that he did not stop driving – afraid of what she would do to him.

“You were in love with Lauren? But she was married to Vaughn, and she was covenant…” she drifted off, beginning to figure out how that happened. “So you had an affair with her, then you fell in love with her, and now she’s dead and you’re out of the whole spy/bad-guy world?”

“That’s how the story goes” he looked over at her surprised at her reaction. She wasn’t beating him to a pulp! That’s what he had expected from her. “Why aren’t you beating me to a bloody pulp? That’s what I had expected from you for having an affair with your now-boyfriend’s wife. I could have hurt your precious Agent Vaughn” he said Vaughn’s name with a certain coldness that did not go unnoticed by Sydney.

She frowned and looked down at her hands in her lap. “I broke up with Vaughn last week. Just before I took this holiday. So, I honestly couldn’t care less about Vaughn right now.”

“I’m surprised Sydney, I thought that you two were pining after each other when he and Lauren were married.”

“We were, but when we got back together after her death, he didn’t know me anymore. He didn’t realize that I had changed through those two missing years.”

“How did he not notice that you had changed?! Even I noticed, and I’m not a person who knows you all that well.”

“I don’t know. How should I know. I mean, I thought that it would have been obvious! But he’s frackin clueless! He didn’t pick up on anything! He thought that we could go back to being just like it was before I left, but that was impossible. Things changed. We were both different, I was tougher and I’d been hurt by him, and then Simon. He had given up on our love and married someone else so quickly after I ‘died’ that he just… changed. I think he just expected me to forgive him instantly when I came back” she realized that she was ranting and blushed. “I’m sorry to be telling you this, I’m babbling and shouldn’t burden you with this, you don’t really care.”

“Sydney, it’s okay, really. I understand when you just need to have a good rant about the felgercarb that happens in life. And you obviously needed it. I’m glad that someone was here to listen to you” he smiled turning his head to look at her with sympathetic eyes. “If you need to talk, I’ll be here for you. I know that’s an odd thing to say and hear, but I mean it. If you ever need anything, just ask.”

“Thanks. The weird thing is that I know you mean it. I can read you pretty well Sark.”

Sark turned one last corner and drove into a parking lot. “We should be able to find a clothing store pretty close to here. We should get you more than one outfit, because you can’t go back to the hotel now. If you’d like, I have a house just outside of the city. I’m going to be going there later if you’d like to stay.”

She sighed. “Well I really shouldn’t go back to the hotel, and I can’t find another place because of the whole fact that we were part of a shoot-out in a fancy hotel in Paris, so I guess I’ll accept your offer” she said smiling shyly. “Um… how long can I stay, because I don’t want to be a burden to you. And I’m supposed to be in Paris for the next two weeks…”

“Well seeing as how I caused your holiday to be ruined by being part of the focus of that shoot-out, you can stay as long as you’d like. And I think that you should allow me to buy you whatever you try on today. It’s the least I could do. I mean, you saved my ass up there” he said smiling, reaching for her hand to shake on it. She reached out took his hand in hers and shook.

“It looks like we have a deal Mr. Sark.”

“Oh and one more thing… Since you’ve agreed to stay with me, you have to agree to come to a function that I’ve been invited to at the Louvre next week. And you would need to find a gown because it will be quite the event.”

“Okay, I’ll agree. But there can be no business dealings are we clear?”

“Crystal. And Sydney, I’m done with that. You have nothing to worry about.”

They walked down the street side by side looking for a place to shop. They found one store that appealed to the pair and they walked inside. They were immediately assaulted with people trying to sell them their fine garments. They both declined assistance saying that they were just wishing to browse the shop.

After trying on many different outfits and modelling them for Sark, Sydney left the store with two pairs of jeans, three pairs of pants, a couple of skirts and many different tops. She was wearing a white peasant skirt and red tank top. Sark had gotten rid of his sweats and was wearing dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt.

“Sark, you really don’t have to do all this. Seriously, at least let me buy you dinner or something. You can’t just let me stand by and have you paying for all these new clothes, and letting me stay with you.”

“Okay, I’ll let you buy me dinner. But Sydney, you must know that I have over $800 million dollars sitting in a bank account and there are no longer any bombs that I’m interested in buying, so I shall spend that money any way I’d like to. And if it happens to be spent buying things for you, then so be it.”

She sighed. “Fine, do what you want, even if it makes me extraordinarily happy. Plus, I get new clothes! And you can never really have enough clothes. Or shoes.”

“Oh and don’t forget, you still need to buy shoes, and a gown.”

“When do I need to do that by? Because I don’t think we have time today. That’s something that I need to look around for. Dresses are not something that can be bought quickly.”

“No you don’t need it until next Wednesday, so you have plenty of time to look around.”

“You know Sark, I don’t want to scare you, but I have to tell you something.”

He looked at her sceptically, having no idea as to what she was about to say. “Go ahead.”

“Well before I tell you, I have to ask you this. Where would you like to go for dinner?”

“Well there’s a little bistro near my home, we could go there if you’d like. We still have a little time before we should eat. And I would like to hear what you’re so hesitant to say now Sydney. You’re actually making me quite nervous.”

“Okay. Here it is” Sydney paused and smirked. She looked into his eyes and her smirk grew into a hesitant smile. “I had a really surprisingly nice time with you today.”

That’s what you wanted to say?! I thought you were going to say that you were lying earlier and about to take me into custody or something!”

She laughed. “No, just having a nice time with an ex-terrorist and still enemy of the United States.”

“Yeah I’m still on that list aren’t I?”

“I’ll let you in on a secret. I’m going to try and get you off it when I get back. I can see now that you’re not bad.”

“That would be nice” he said smiling, his blue eyes wide and sparkling. “By the way… I had a really nice time today as well Sydney.”

They walked the remaining distance to the car in silence. Both Sark and Sydney were smiling and you could just tell that they were happy.

Chapter Four

The drive to the restaurant was uneventful. The pair of spies sat in the car staring out at the scenery in complete silence the whole time. Sark was thinking about the wonderful day he had with his ex-adversary, and Sydney was thinking about something completely different.

Actually, she was thinking about the same thing, but her thoughts were the opposite of his. While he was thinking about how he would like to get to know her better, she spent her time scolding herself for having a nice time with a terrorist. Ex-terrorist, she kept telling herself, but it was no use. You can’t stay with him for two whole weeks. That would be wrong. The thing that frightened her the most was that she found herself wanting to stay with him. After much mental debate, she finally came to the conclusion that she would not be too nice to him again.

When they arrived at the restaurant Sark got out and walked to Sydney’s side of the car, but found that she had already gotten out. So much for being thoughtful and nice, thought Sark.

He noticed that Sydney’s cold resolve had returned, and he found that quite sad. He had liked it so much when she had been nice and happy Sydney. She turned and looked

“Look Sark, let’s get this clear. We had a nice time today. But that’s all that it was. A nice time.” Maybe if she says these things to him, she’ll start to believe them herself. “I think that I should go to a hotel in the city tomorrow.”

A shocked look passed over his face. This look caught Sydney by surprise. “I thought that we had a nice time and maybe we could spend some time together… maybe get to know each other better. Things are different now.”

“No, they can’t be different. You’re still wanted Sark. And I still work for the CIA” she sighed, “Things can’t be different” she said softly.

Sark sighed and nodded. He turned and walked to the restaurant. Sydney stood there and watched him leave, then followed him in.

The restaurant would have been romantic if there wasn’t so much tension between the two people. The waiter took notice of this and did what he could to relieve some of it. He brought them water, told them about the specials and brought Sydney a beautiful red rose. Sadly, though, it did not work. There just wasn’t anything that could be done to help right now.

After ten minutes of awkward silence, Sark decided to speak up, “Why can’t things be different?”

“What, Sark?”

“Why can’t we change things… make them different.”

“I don’t know,” she said exasperatedly, “because we’ve done things to make it this way. Things that are really hard to change.”

“But they’re just hard to change, that doesn’t mean we can’t change them.”

“Why would we want to change them anyways? I mean, things are pretty good in my life right now. I’ve got a new apartment in a new city-“

“New city? You live in Los Angeles.”

“Right… um… we can’t change things Sark.”

“But why!? Is it because of my past? Is it because I’m still wanted? If I got a pardon, would that change things?” he looked into her eyes pleadingly.

“I don’t know Sark.”

The food arrived at this moment and they ate in silence for a while. Everything that had been said in the past moments was running through their minds.

“If things were different, Sark, what would you want to happen?”

“I don’t know,” he sighed, “all I know is that I want to be more than enemies.”

“I really see that happening right now. I’m really changing my life around.”

“Then maybe you could change it so I could fit in… somewhere” he said hopefully.

“How about this. I agree to spend time with you during the next two weeks, I’ll still go to the ball / gala / whatever it is on Wednesday, but I won’t stay with you. I can’t do that yet. But I’ll find a hotel of some sort near you.”

“Well, you won’t be able to find a place tonight, so you can stay with me for one night, and then we’ll proceed to find you another room.”

“Fine.”

They sat that way for a while, not noticing the band begin to play, or the couples beginning to sway like branches in the wind to the music. “Sydney, would you like to dance?”

“No” she said stubbornly.

“What harm could there be in sharing a dance Miss Bristow?”

“I am not going to dance with you.”

“Then could you enlighten me as to your change in attitude? We had a wonderful day which was full of enjoyment on both our parts, and now you’re acting like a two year old who wasn’t allowed to go to the park.”

“Will you let this go if I dance with you?”

“Yes.”

“Fine then” she said as she got up.

He moved his hand to the small of her back, guiding her to the dance floor. Sydney would have admitted that it was a nice gesture if she could bring herself to be in a more accepting mood, but that wasn’t happening.

Sark tried to get Sydney to relax in his arms, but she wasn’t having it. She was stiff and not moving too much. “Why don’t you try to relax Sydney?”

“What if I don’t want to?” she looked into his eyes and saw something she had never seen before… she didn’t know what it was that she saw, but his eyes were full of emotion. “What’s wrong Sark?” she asked.

He blinked and any trace of the emotion in his eyes was gone. Quickly looking away, he replied, “why should anything be wrong.”

“Never mind” she sighed and relaxed a bit, placing her head on his shoulder.

They gently swayed to the music. The moment she placed her head on his shoulder, he regretted the way he had just treated her. He didn’t know why though, why he would feel remorse for something that wasn’t technically his fault, but he was.

“Sark” she spoke into his neck, the sound muffled against his shirt collar and blazer, “Sark, I’m sorry.”

“I should be the one to apologize.”

“Why? You didn’t do anything, I was treating you horribly. And I’m sorry about that. It’s just that, I’m not really used to this ‘new you’ yet. It’s going to take a bit of time.”

“Well I’ll give you all the time you need.”

Their attention was suddenly pulled away from each other when two people slammed the front door of the restaurant open. There were two angry people at the front of the restaurant. Sydney had a bad feeling in her gut and Sark grabbed her wrist, quickly tugging her back to their table. The restaurant hostess went up to the two men and asked them if they needed any help and they said that they were looking for a young, blonde, British man. She replied saying that she hadn’t seated anyone going by that description, and then they turned just in time to see Sark move to leave with Sydney.

The larger of the two men pulled a gun out of his jacket and began to walk quickly to the back, where Sark and Sydney were standing. He started firing at them, bullets went flying everywhere and people were screaming, running for cover. Sark shoved Sydney out of the way once he noticed that the shooter wasn’t aiming too well. Sydney screamed at him to start moving him, and grabbed his wrist, pulling him towards the emergency exit.

Once outside, they ran quickly for the car, “who the hell keeps shooting at us?!” she screamed.

“How should I know!”

They kept running, bullets hitting the pavement behind them. Suddenly Sydney screamed and fell to the ground. Sark froze, stopped breathing and stared blankly at Sydney who was unconscious on the ground. The bullet grazing his left shoulder brought him back into this world and tore his gun out of his blazer. He began shooting at the two men and hit both of them within seconds. When he was sure that both of them were dead, he ran to Sydney and lifted her into his arms, running to the car as fast as he possibly could.

He placed her carefully into the passenger seat, “so much for being out” he said to himself, as he sped off into the distance.

So that's the DOUBLE update!!! :D I hope you enjoyed it! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MIDTERMS!!!!!!

“That’s how the story goes” he looked over at her surprised at her reaction. She wasn’t beating him to a pulp!

A'course not!
Silly little Sark.
You're too hott to be beaten into anything, let alone a bloody pulp.

“Um… how long can I stay, because I don’t want to be a burden to you. And I’m supposed to be in Paris for the next two weeks…”

Two weeks?!
*SQUEE*

She looked into his eyes and her smirk grew into a hesitant smile. “I had a really surprisingly nice time with you today.”

*melts*
Awe...
See, terrorists arent that bad... once you get to know them, and have them buy you pretty clothes, AND offer to treat you like Cinderella and bring you to a ball-ish, thing...

“Why would we want to change them anyways? I mean, things are pretty good in my life right now. I’ve got a new apartment in a new city-“

*waggles finger at Sydney*
Dont go changing the subject little missy...

“But why!? Is it because of my past? Is it because I’m still wanted? If I got a pardon, would that change things?” he looked into her eyes pleadingly.

I TOLD YOU HE WAS IN LOVE!
Only someone in love would offer to give EVERYTHING up for someone else...

Once outside, they ran quickly for the car, “who the hell keeps shooting at us?!” she screamed.

“How should I know!”

*sighs*
My gut is telling me he does know...

He placed her carefully into the passenger seat, “so much for being out” he said to himself, as he sped off into the distance.

Uh-oh...
He's not 'out', is he?
And he's gonna drag her in with him...

Oh, bad bad bad...
What about fluff?!

Anyways - thanks for the chapters!
Hah, I didnt think youd do it :P

Loved them though!
And I cant wait to see what happens next!
*_Ash

(And thanks, for the midterm wishes ;) )

I can't believe more people aren't reading this!

Please add me to your PM list!

:smiley:
Well, I started posting this at SD-1 before I even joined up here, so most of the readers are over there I guess. But I'm glad you like it and think there should be more readers here!!! :D
You're most definitely added to the (short) PM list. :lol:

That's very true. I wonder why? Because Sarkney is just as good as Syd/Vaughn. It's what got me into fan fiction in the first place! Then I kind of branched off into a bit of SV. But Sarkney is always my number one.

I don't really mind Sarkney because in that one episode, maybe A Man of His Word?

IT WAS A SARKNEY EPISODE.

You already knew that though. Ah... I wanna an update!

EDIT: PAGE 2!!!!

:woot: :bounces:

I don't really mind Sarkney because in that one episode, maybe A Man of His Word?

IT WAS A SARKNEY EPISODE.

You already knew that though. Ah... I wanna an update!

EDIT: PAGE 2!!!!

:woot: :bounces:
It really was a Sarkney episode. It's one of my favourites. :D

Chapter Five

**One Week Later**

Sark sat by Sydney’s side staring at the pale and fragile form lying on the bed in front of him. He kept thinking about how strong she used to look, and now he felt that if he even breathed on her, she would break into a million pieces.

His mind kept flashing back to the talk he had with the doctor when he had gotten her to the hospital…

**One Week Earlier**

He had been pacing in the waiting room for over four hours. What could be taking so long in there? He wondered. He couldn’t think of anything other than the blood he saw pouring from her back. His mind instantly thought the worst. Her heart had been hit. It had to be that. She was going to… his thought drifted off when the doctor walked towards him, a grim look across his face. He prepared himself for the worst.

“Mr Warren, your friend Sydney Bristow is out of surgery.”

He looked at the doctor hopefully, and frowned when he saw the look in his eyes. “What happened? Is she going to be alright?”

“The bullet entered her back, shattering her left scapula and clavicle. We’re going to need to do some reconstructive surgery to repair the damage. As for internal damage… she was bleeding internally, thankfully the bullet did not hit her vertebrae and it missed her heart. It scraped her left lung, but we were able to repair that damage as well.” Sark let a breath out that he did not know he was holding in.

The doctor looked down at a chart and sighed. “There’s more Mr Warren. The trauma on her body was quite extensive, and in order to protect her from more damage, she has been put into a temporary coma. There is a very good chance that she will pull through within the next few days, but there is a slight chance that she won’t wake up.”

“What? She might not wake up?” he said softly, moving to a chair and sitting down. He ran his hands through his hair and over his face, trying to take in what he had just learned.

“I’ll leave you to think things over.” And with that, the doctor left Sark alone with his thoughts.

**Present time**

He sat silently, continuing to look at her. What he wouldn’t give to get her to wake. Over the past week, he had not left the hospital, in fear that she would wake up alone. He had tried to reach Jack Bristow earlier in the week, but found that he was out of town “selling airplane parts” according to the operator. Of course they wouldn’t give him any information as to his whereabouts because he called using a civilian line.

“Sydney, please wake up” he pleaded. He knew it was no use though. She wouldn’t wake up until she was ready, which could be a while.

Earlier in the day the doctor had come in telling him that there had not been a great change in her, to show a greater possibility of her waking up. He told him not to get his hopes up, but it wasn’t worth it. His hopes were already high.

Over the past week, he had much time to think about everything in his life. He decided that once he got her out of the hospital, he would figure out who was after him, or her, or them.

He had come to realize how much he cared for Sydney. He couldn’t say if it was love, but he knew that he didn’t want to lose her. He needed for her to be ok, and he needed to see that for himself. Not just to hear her say that she was ok, because he knew not to believe her. She wasn’t happy with her life right now.

I could try to make her happy, he thought, “I will try to make you happy Sydney, all I want is for you to be happy.” He took her hand in his, softly, because he felt it might shatter at his light touch.

Suddenly, the machines around him came back to life, beeping incessantly, causing him to look around frantically. The hand in his began to squeeze his lightly. A nurse hurried into the room, checking her pulse. She smiled and hurried out again, as fast as she had entered, and returned with the doctor. Sydney’s hand squeezed his again and he whispered “Sydney?” trying to comprehend what was happening.

The doctor flashed a light into her eyes and smiled. “Her pupils are responding.” He sighed. “She’s back.”

Sark let out a nervous sob when Sydney’s eyes fluttered open, trying to take in the light that she hadn’t seen in a week. She moved her free hand and wiped her eyes weakly. After a moment, she opened her eyes to see Sark sitting by her side, holding her hand between his. He was looking at her with a look of amazement.

“Welcome to the world of the living Sydney” he said smiling.

“What happened?” she managed to croak out, barely a whisper.

“Well, why don’t you start by telling me the last thing you remember.”

“We were dancing and then we went back to the table at the restaurant and then there were two men who followed us through the back door.”

“Well, those men, they shot you in the back.”

“Yeah, I kind of figured that out from the extreme pain in my left shoulder.”

“Ah, that’s the Sydney Bristow that I know,” he said, “so, you were hit in the left shoulder. It didn’t hit your heart, but it scraped the side of your left lung and shattered your scapula and clavicle. They had to do some reconstructive surgery when you were out. But you’re going to be fine.”

She looked ahead of her, thinking about what he had just said. “Does my father know?”

“I’ve tried to reach him, but haven’t been successful. They won’t tell me where he is because I don’t know how to contact him through the CIA.”

“Oh” they were enveloped by silence for a few minutes until Sydney finally spoke. “Sark?”

He raised his head to look at her. “Yes?”

“Why are you here?” he looked at her quizzically, “I mean, I treated you horribly that night. Why are you still here, why did you stay?”

“I’m not sure how I can answer that Sydney” he paused, trying to form the words that he wanted to say. “Well, I’m not sure how you’ll take this but, I care about you Sydney. I realized this week that if I could prevent something from happening to you, I would. I don’t want you to feel sad anymore. I want to make you happy. I’m here, right now, because I want to be. I didn’t want you to wake up alone.”

“Ok” she said. It came out of her so softly, that he wasn’t sure she had said anything at all.

“Ok” he replied, smiling softly. He looked slowly down at her hand in his.

“If I give you a way of calling my father for me, would you do it for me?”

“Of course.”

“Ok. Call him at this number, and then enter this code once you hear a click. Then you’ll be put through to his desk phone. He should be there, if he isn’t, then it’ll forward you to his cell phone.”

“Ok. I think I can manage that” he got up from the chair and let go of her hand. Walking toward the door, he stopped and turned his head to look at her “I’m glad you’re awake and alright Sydney.”

She smiled at him, and he continued to the phone.

So, there's today's update. Thanks to the TWO people here who are reading this :D

Awe, Sarks so adorable!

Theyre both head over heels *rolls eyes*
Such denial between the too of them
*rolls eyes again*

I'm glad Ms.Sydney's alright though...
And I'm, like, mega glad that Sark decided to stay with her.

*sighs*
Jack is gonna be pissed.
I hope he lets Sark keep his head, and, of course, his other... parts.

Thanks for the PM
Cant wait for more!
*_Ash

You guys have been so good!!! :D

Here's the next TWO chapters :lol:

Chapter Six

Fifteen minutes later Sark re-entered the room with a grim look on his face. The phone call with Jack had not been too pleasant. Jack did not think so much of him, and it was oh-so-obvious now. He would be arriving within the next day, and he was not looking forward to the face-to-face confrontation.

Sydney was asleep once again, with a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

He sat in a chair at the side of her bed and fell into a dreamless sleep.

**Phone call**

He followed Sydney’s instructions and found himself more nervous than he had ever been before. Taking a deep breath to compose himself, he put himself back into the Sark mindset.

“Jack Bristow” he heard over the line.

“Agent Bristow”

“Mr Sark, what warrants a call to my personal line? It had better be good, or I’ll hang up right now”

“It’s concerning your daughter”

“What have you done to her you son of a-“

“Agent Bristow, I can assure you that I have done nothing that could cause her any harm. We were having dinner together and-“

“Why were you having dinner with my daughter Mr Sark.”

“It’s a very long story Agent Bristow, but the short one was that someone is after one or both of us and your daughter got caught in the crossfire”

“Is she going to be alright?” his voice softening at the thought of his daughter hurt,

“She’ll be fine, she’s in the hospital right now, I’m with her, making sure that she’s alright”

“Why would you care if she’s alright Mr Sark?”

“Because, contrary to popular belief, I have a heart, and I care about your daughter. I don’t want to see her hurt”

“If you stay there, you will hurt her Sark”

“I will do my best not to sir”

There was a long pause on the line, as both men were trying to calm themselves down.

“Where are you?” Jack asked.

“We’re at a hospital outside Paris. I’ll explain when you get here” they paused again, not knowing what to say, “I don’t like to leave her alone for long, I should be getting back to check on her”

“Alright. I’ll be there soon. Tell her that”

“Yes sir”

“Oh, and Sark, if you hurt her, I will kill you. You cannot doubt that”

“I don’t doubt you sir. I will not hurt your daughter. I will be waiting to see you. We are in room 474. See you soon”

Sark hung up the phone and took in a deep breath. He headed back to Sydney’s room.

**Seven hours later**

Sydney awoke to see Sark asleep in a chair at her bedside. She couldn’t help but notice how young and handsome he looked. He just looked so serene and peaceful, she thought it was beautiful. She started to raise her hand to touch his face as he stirred. She smiled “hey” she said softly, and quickly lowered her hand.

He smiled seeing her smiling at him. “Hey” he said, his voice still rough from a long slumber, “I spoke to your father. He should be arriving some time today”

“Did your chat go well?”

“Not at all. I think he hates me”

“I wouldn’t know why he would hate you, I mean, you were only a terrorist for many years” she said sarcastically and smiling.

“Well, I hate to tell you now, but I think I have to go back into the business for a bit” they both sighed.

“I understand”

“It’s going to be hard, but it has to be done. In order for me to find out who’s after us”

“I know Sark” she said as she moved her hand out to softly clasp his in hers.

He smiled softly down at her, revelling in the feeling of his hand in hers.

“Julian” she looked up at him with a questioning look “my name is Julian. I want you to call me Julian”

She smiled at him, “Thank you, Julian, for everything”

He shifted his body and pulled her hand to his mouth, laying a soft kiss on her palm, “there was nothing I’d rather do”

They sat in silence for a few minutes, until someone knocked on the door.

“Come in” said Sydney.

The door opened and Jack Bristow entered the room. He took a quick look at Sydney, lying on the bed, pale and weak and moved towards her, “Sydney,” he said pained.

“Dad, thank you for coming” she weakly held her arms out to him, and he hugged her tightly, but carefully.

“I’m so glad that you are alright. When Sark called me, I didn’t know what to think”

“Dad it’s alright. He had nothing to do with this. At least, I don’t think he had anything to do with this. You didn’t, right Julian?”

“Of course not!” he said quickly.

They sat there in silence for a few minutes, Sydney was sitting in her father’s arms, Sark was sitting in the chair – uncomfortable with the emotional reunion – and Jack was rubbing his daughter’s back soothingly. Sark quietly stood, “I’ll give you some time alone to talk”

“Mr Sark, I would like you to stay. I would like to hear everything that happened, and I can tell that Sydney will not be able to tell it all.”

“Alright sir,” he said, sitting back down in his chair.

“Well, here it goes dad…” she told her father about the long day of running and the time spent between the two spies. She left out the part about her agreeing to stay with him, and the nice time they had that day in Paris.

When she was done, her father turned to Sark to hear what had happened next. Sark began to tell the story from when Sydney had fallen to the ground.

“When I got her to the hospital, she had lost a lot of blood. I can honestly say that I was surprised that she was still alive. I thought she would have…” he drifted off, not being able to say that he thought she would die. He composed himself by clearing his throat, “she was in surgery for hours. They repaired the damage that the bullet had caused”

“What kind of damage? Anything permanent?”

“No, nothing worse than scars. The bullet was through and through, not seriously damaging any internal organs. It scraped the edge of her left lung and shattered a couple of bones, but she’ll be fine. They did some reconstructive surgery, and she should be fine soon”

“Anything else I should know?”

“Yes sir. They placed her into an induced coma so they could lessen the chances of brain damage. She woke up yesterday, and I called you soon after. If you don’t mind me asking sir, where have you been over the past week? I tried reaching you several times, only getting to a secretary who told me nothing”

“There is a problem right now with Arvin Sloane. He’s escaped CIA custody. We expect that it has something to do with the covenant”

“I thought that they were gone”

“So did we. I expect that they had something to do with this. I’ll do whatever I can to find out who did this.”

“Dad,” Sydney finally spoke up, “I think I’m going to stay here in France for a bit. You know? Take a leave of absence, until this thing is all cleared up. And besides, I was just shot, I can’t go back on active duty just yet.”

“I’ll get a secure line in here as soon as I can sweetheart.”

“Mr Bristow, I would like to offer you my services to help find who did this and take them out. I have just retired from this business, but it seems to want me still and is pulling me back in”

“I appreciate that Mr Sark”

“You may call me Julian”

“Julian, then” they shook hands, “I’m going to find a secure line to call Sydney’s supervisor”

“Alright dad. See you in a bit then”

Sark and Sydney were left alone in her room for a few minutes before there was another knock on the door.

“Come in” said Sydney.

The door opened, and the person they had least expected walked through the door, carrying a bouquet of roses.

Chapter Seven

“Sydney, I’m so glad you’re alright”

“Vaughn, what are you doing here?” Sydney asked, between clenched teeth.

“I overheard your father’s phone call and followed him here. I know it was stupid of me, but I had to make sure that you were ok”

“I’m fine. Can you go please?”

“No! I’m not leaving yet. Not until I’ve talked to you,” his eyes dart to Sark, noticing him for the first time since he entered the small room, “why is he here?”

“If you mean Julian,” she said, stating his name in a forceful tone, “then he’s here because he saved my life”

“He’s not capable of that Sydney, it must have something to do with his endgame”

“I trust him, and believe that it doesn’t”

Vaughn sighed and put the roses down on a table in the room. Sark stood and finally spoke up, “Sydney, I’ll leave the two of you to talk alone. I’ll be right outside, just call if you need anything alright?”

“OK”

“And don’t stress yourself out”

“I won’t”

“What do you care if she stresses herself out Sark?!” Vaughn said, his tone biting.

“I care a lot more than you would know Mr Vaughn!” fists clenched at his sides, his eyes blazing in anger, “I have watched over her for a week, seeing her weak. I would do anything to protect her. Do not doubt me”

“You don’t deserve to be near her”

“Vaughn, Julian, please, stop” Sydney pleaded.

Sark took a deep breath and continued outside. “I’ll be right outside” he said before closing the door.

“Sydney, please tell me what is going on?”

“Nothing that concerns you anymore Vaughn. My life doesn’t concern you anymore. It hasn’t since you married Lauren.”

“That was a mistake Sydney, I was miserable without you, I had to move on!”

“It doesn’t matter Vaughn. I’m going to move on, and you should to”

“Are you moving on with him?” he says softly, sighing and looking down.

“I don’t know. Maybe. He cares about me, and I’m starting to care about him too.”

“How can you care about him?! He’s a terrorist, Sydney!”

“So was I, at one point. We’ve all been on the wanted list at some point Vaughn.”

“I just don’t want to see you get hurt. Because I know that’s what will happen. He’s going to hurt you.”

“Vaughn, I should be able to make my own decisions. You aren’t a part of my life anymore. Please just try to accept that!”

“I can’t Sydney! I can’t accept it.”

“Vaughn, I can’t see you anymore. I left L.A. because of that fact. I packed up my life and moved to New York, across the country, to get away from everything, from you. Couldn’t you see how miserable I was? I’m happier now than I have been since I came back.”

Sark is standing outside of the hospital room, and he can hear most of the conversation.

“Are you moving on with him?” he hears, and this intrigues him. What will Sydney say to that? he wonders.

“I don’t know. Maybe. He cares about me, and I’m starting to care about him too.” he wants to try too. He wants to be what she wants and deserves.

“I left L.A. because of that fact. I packed up my life and moved across the country to get away from everything. Couldn’t you see how miserable I was?” She moved to New York? And then his mind moved back to the conversation they had in the car;

She left because she was miserable with Vaughn. Suddenly, Sark felt sorry. He felt sorry for everything that he had ever done that had hurt Sydney in any way.

Sydney Bristow deserved much better than Michael Vaughn, and he realized that he was willing to try and be just that.

The hospital room became quiet at that point. Vaughn didn’t know that she had left because of him. She had told him that she left because of a promotion that she had been offered.

“You left because… of me?” he asked.

“Yes. I left because of you,” she said softly, “I left because I was miserable. I was so unhappy with my life there. When I got to New York, I was so much happier.”

“What did I do though? That’s what I don’t understand. What did I do to cause you to move?”

“Nothing. You did nothing. And that’s not what I needed. When Lauren was killed, you and I got back together and you acted like nothing had changed. You acted like those three years had never happened. But they had! And you just forgot about them. You acted like she had never existed.”

“I’m sorry Sydney. I really am. I still love you. I hope you realize that. And if you ever decide to come back, then you should know that I’ll be waiting for you”

“Vaughn, I’m not going to come back. If I visit L.A. anytime soon, it’ll be to see my dad, Dixon, Marshall and Weiss. I’ll try my best not to see you, because you don’t seem to respect the fact that I asked you to leave me alone. Why can’t you just understand that!? I want to move on, but I can’t do that if I have to see you!”

“Syd, I’m sorry.”

“Michael, please just leave.”

“Sydney please don’t make me leave. I just want to talk to you. I love you”

“Michael I know that, but we can’t be together anymore. I’ve realized that now. So could you please leave? And ask Julian to come back in when you do. Thanks.”

Vaughn’s face slowly showed a sign of resignation and he turned and walked out of the room. “Goodbye Sydney” he whispered on his way out.

After the door closed, the silence of the room enveloped her, making her feel frightened and alone. Tears began to stream down her face. She knew that had probably the last time she would see Vaughn in her life. It scared her because she didn’t know what would happen in the future.

A few moments later Sark re-entered the room to see Sydney sitting on the bed, tears running down her cheeks. She looked so alone and scared that it broke his heart. He went to her side and took her hand in his, lifting it to his lips, he laid a soft kiss on her palm.

“What’s wrong Sydney?”

“I’m never going to see him again” she croaked out. It terrified him to see her like this. He didn’t know what to do. He had never had to comfort someone like this before. So he sat down on the edge of her bed and pulled her carefully to him, and she cried into his chest.

When her tears subsided, she looked into his eyes and saw them full of concern and tenderness. She moved her hand to his face, tracing the contours of his jaw. She softly pulled his head towards hers, and their lips met. It was a kiss full of caring and passion. But it was so light that they were almost convinced that it hadn’t happened.

Throughout this, they had not noticed another person entering the room.

“I had always known that you two would get together,” the man said. He lifted a gun and pointed it at Sydney’s chest, “Miss me pigtails?”

“Cole, what are you doing here?” Sark asked.

“It seems you two have evaded my covenant minions. Of course, if you want something to get done, and done properly, you gotta do it yourself. Or so that’s what they say in the movies. I’ve never been one to believe that. That is, until now.”

“Why us though? What are you trying to accomplish?”

“Well, you have both betrayed the covenant, so we would like a little revenge. It seems that the people above me would like to see you two dead.”

“And what good would that do Cole?” Sydney asked, “Don’t you think that taking two years of my life would have been sufficient enough?”

“I thought it would be, but they seem to disagree there”

“If you kill me, I want you to know that my parents won’t be too happy, and if Julian here lives, he won’t be too happy either.”

“Well I plan on killing Julian as well as you. As for your parents, they won’t be able to find us. Trust me. There’s no way they could”

“I think you underestimate a father’s love Cole.”

It seems that no one had noticed Jack Bristow enter the room, carrying his gun in his hand; he raised it to the back of Cole’s head. Cole froze in his place. The colour drained from his face when he felt the cold steel at the base of his skull. He lowered his gun and dropped it on the floor.

“What are you going to do with him dad?”

“I’m not sure. If I call the CIA, they’ll know about you being in here, and they’ll also know about Sark being here as well. We can’t have that.”

“Thank you Mr Bristow” Said Sark.

“I can see that you haven’t done anything to hurt my daughter, and that you must care about her enough to stay at her side for this time.”

“This is touching” sneered Cole.

“You’d better think about what you say Cole. Otherwise I might have to take you to one of my safe houses around here. I have plenty of torture objects. I might have a little fun with you. Maybe get some information about the Covenant from you? Who knows” threatened Jack.

“Dad, can you please figure out where to take him soon? Because I’m feeling really overwhelmed from the events of the past little while. Seeing Vaughn again like that just wore me right out.”

Her father looked shocked when he heard this, “Vaughn? Vaughn was here? How did he find out where you were Sydney? You didn’t call him did you? You aren’t thinking of going back to him are you? Because it’s not a good idea, he’s not good enough for you.”

“Of course not! He said he overheard you talking to Julian and he followed you here. And I’m not thinking about getting back together with him. I told him to leave. And dad please, can I get some rest now? I really don’t feel like talking right now.”

“Of course sweetheart. Cole, you’re going to come with me. I’m sure that we can fine something to do that involves you being in a lot of pain.”

“See you later pigtails” Cole said as he left the room, with Jack’s gun still at his back.

“I’ll see you tomorrow dad right?”

“Of course Sydney” and with that, Sark and Sydney were left alone once again.

“Sydney, you should get some rest. You want to go home soon don't you?”

“I want to get out of here, but I’m not going home. I don’t know where home is anymore.”

“I can help you find one.”

“Thank you” she said as sleep overcame her.

Once he could see that she was in a deep sleep, he stood up and left the room. He went to his house and took a shower. He changed his clothes, set up the spare room, and put the clothes he had bought her into the drawers in that room. Finally thinking that everything was fine, he headed back to the hospital to sit by her side once again.

The next morning Sark is again, by her side. She feels a weight in her hand and realizes that he has gently placed her hand between his once again. She likes the feeling that it gives her. It’s comfortable and familiar. As he begins to wake up, she sees his hair and giggles.

“What’s so funny Bristow?”

“You look really cute in the morning did you know that? Your hair is extraordinary this morning” she said as she musses up his hair even more.

He groans and stands, walking to a mirror that is hanging in a small bathroom in the room. “You’re right. It’s awful,” he says as he tries to fix the standing pieces of hair.

“Can you get the doctor for me?”

He looks at her concerned, “Why is something wrong? Are you in pain?”

“No, that’s not it. I just want to find out when I can leave. I don’t really like hospitals. I’ve seen them too many times.”

“I’ll go get him” he turns to the door just to see it open and the doctor walks into the room.

“Speak of the devil” whispers Sydney. Sark hears this and smirks.

“Miss Bristow,” he says looking down at her charts, “I see you’re recovering quickly. That’s good.”

“Do you have any idea as to when I can leave here?”

“You should be able to leave soon. Probably within the next two days, if your progress stays this good.”

“That’s good news.”

“Yes it is. I hope you aren’t stressing yourself out while you’re here. Your body needs its rest, so you need to take it easy.”

“She has been doing a lot of sleeping lately.” Sark says.

“That’s a good thing. Now Sydney, there are some things that we do need to talk about for when you leave. We’ll want you to stay off your feet until you regain your strength, so we’ll get you a wheelchair. You’ll only need that for a week or two though, so don’t worry. Will you have someone that can help you with things around your home?”

“I’m not sure. I live alone.”

Sark walked over to Sydney and took her hand in his, “you can stay with me Sydney.”

“And where do you like Mr…”

“Lazarey. I live close to here.”

“That’s good, because we wouldn’t recommend travelling at this time. We would like you to wait for about a week after you’re out of the wheelchair. Just for safety reasons.”

“That’s fine” said Sydney.

“Well I think that’s it. Do you have any questions?”

“No, none. Thank you doctor.”

“I’ll see you again soon” the doctor turned and left the room as quickly as he had entered.

“That’s good news, isn’t it?” said Sydney.

“Yes it is. And, I already have your room set up at my home. It’s just waiting for you. Oh, I also put away your new clothing. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all,” she smiled, “so, what does this house look like?”

“I can tell you right now that you’ll hate it” he said jokingly.

“Oh really” she sarcastically replied, “That’s good to know. I think you’re beginning to lack in taste Mr Sark.”

“Well I’m with you right now, so I can’t see how that would be possible.”

The next two days were filled with light conversation. Jack had returned to the States, and had actually approved of her decision to stay with Sark for the time. He could tell that she was happier with him than she would be if she was alone in New York, so he did what he thought was best for her, he let her go.

Sark and Sydney signed the appropriate forms for her release, and they were off to his home, sporting Sydney in a new wheelchair (which Sark bought especially for her, even though she protested endlessly) and a bag of supplies and information from Jack. The information was the important stuff to know that Cole had given up.

As they reached the house, Sark tried to explain what the house looked and felt like, but it didn’t go well. Sydney was now expecting to see either a large villa covered in vines, or a small and quaint villa with cracked walls outside and dead trees and vines surrounding the property. Let’s just say that he wasn’t too descriptive when it came to talking about his home.

When they pulled up to the front of the house, it was not what she had been expecting at all. It was a middle sized home, very comfortable looking, with vines crawling up around the front door. The property was littered with various trees, vines and flowers. Her breath caught in her throat when she laid eyes on it.

“Sark this is beautiful” she was gawking at the property.

Seeing her reaction, he decided to enjoy it to the fullest, “I’m glad you like it” he said. He smiled and pushed her chair into the house where her reaction made him even happier. She gasped loudly as they entered the front foyer. A large chandelier hang from the ceiling, lighting up the entire room with reflections of light on the prisms.

It was perfection for both of them.

So, review please :D

Back