A Life of Loss

*squee*
Double Updates!

And besides, I was just shot, I can’t go back on active duty just yet

...God damn, that means she cant be 'active' in any department.

“Are you moving on with him?” he says softly, sighing and looking down.

“I don’t know. Maybe. He cares about me, and I’m starting to care about him too.”

YES!
*jumps around*
Yes! Yes! Yes!

*cough* Told you so. *cough*

Sydney Bristow deserved much better than Michael Vaughn, and he realized that he was willing to try and be just that.

Now do you believe me!

*points up*

Head. Over. Heels.

She softly pulled his head towards hers, and their lips met. It was a kiss full of caring and passion. But it was so light that they were almost convinced that it hadn’t happened.

No, God Damn.
It happened.

*raises hand*

I'll be a wittness.

We’ll want you to stay off your feet until you regain your strength, so we’ll get you a wheelchair. You’ll only need that for a week or two though, so don’t worry.

...I could think of a way to keep her in a bed...
But, I dont think it's exactly what the docter had in mind. :angelic:

Yay!
She's staying with him!

*squee*

Thanks for the PM
LOVED the chapter(s)!
Cant wait for more.
*_Ash

I am SO sorry!

Somehow, I wasn't PMed, so I just looked for an update now, and here it was!

The visit from Vaughn was so sad! In almost all Sarkney fics, the author portrays Vaughn as a loser/jerk but I of course love my Vaughnie, but you MANIPULATED my mind into hating Vaughn and loving Sark.

Congratulations.

Great updates

Ok, I've been in the darkroom all weekend getting prints ready for my university interviews, so I haven't been able to update. I will update tomorrow :D I promise.

PM List (WOW! Three people!;))
shotput25ash
stella1
Chicketepee

Aha! FOUR people!!! :D

shotput25ash
stella1
Chicketepee
texy

Here's the DOUBLE update. I'm sorry about not updating this weeked. I'm currently working on my portfolio for university so I've been kinda busy. I will update almost every day though. :smiley:

Chapter Eight

Sark is running down the stairs, someone is screaming. It’s got him frightened to the core. He can’t get to her. The door in front of him is locked. He kicks, groans, screams; he does whatever he can to get out his anger. The screaming continues. It’s getting louder, more frightened. It’s breaking him. He yells out a name he cannot hear. Tears are streaming down his cheeks, but he does not notice.

He is inside the room, darkness. A woman on a gurney, unmoving. Running, racing to her, he stops short. He cannot touch her. If he does, it is real. It cannot be real. The woman gasps, her chest moves. She is breathing.

He runs to her side, picks her up and holds her to him. “I thought I lost you” he kept repeating. “I’m sorry” she whispers.

“No, love, I’m sorry. I never told you this, but I love you” he told her, and she began to cry.

“I love you too” she whispered.

“I love you so much Sydney” Sark whispered, and kissed her softly.

He awoke with a start. What was that? he wondered. Running his hands over his face and through his hair, his mind kept flashing back to him telling Sydney that he loved her. It was just a dream he told himself, but he knew it must be more.

Hearing his stomach growl, he decided it was time to eat something. He left his room and headed to the kitchen, stopping by Sydney’s room on the way. Her door was open and her bed was unmade and empty.

He looked at the door and noticed the note taped lightly on the wood;

Thought, you might want to know, I’m in the kitchen.
You should be proud, I wheeled myself!

~Sydney

Suddenly, he was struck with the idea of sneaking up on her in the kitchen.

He headed to the kitchen and quietly creeped behind a wall, preparing to strike.

“I think you’re losing it Sark, I heard you coming down the stairs,” she wheeled around the corner, “I’ve been waiting for you to hide for a bit. You took too long.”

He flashed a sheepish grin and ran his hands through his hair, “I was doing no such thing Bristow.”

“Sure you weren’t. You just really like standing flat against a wall preparing to strike,” she giggled, “I saw your face Sark, you were trying to scare me!” she pouted, “how could you do such a thing to an injured woman in a wheelchair?”

“I see no woman present.”

“Oh, well that just got you five minutes of silence.”

“Only five?!” he remarked, “I would have thought at least ten.”

“Well, you’re being punished. Plus, I know how much you enjoy the silence.”

“I think I’ve had enough silence this past week. More than enough silence from you than I could handle in a lifetime.”

She chuckled, “yeah, like you could stand anyone for an entire lifetime.”

“Who knows?” he replied.

They were silent all through breakfast after that.

“Julian?”

“So we’re back to Julian then?” he asked.

“Yes, Julian.”

“What would you like Sydney?”

“What day of the week is it?”

“It’s Saturday.”

“Oh.” Sydney’s expression fell visibly.

“Why?” he asked, “what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry about your event last Wednesday. You missed it.”

“I was taking care of some much more important business,” he said, smiling. “Don’t you worry about it.”

“I’m still sorry.”

He looked down at his plate for a while, thinking of what he could do to make her feel less guilty, when he came up with the perfect plan.

“Syd? How about I take you out for a surprise tomorrow?”

“This kind of surprise better not end up with us getting shot at again. I don’t like those kinds of surprises” she said, smiling a smile that lit up the room.

“Well, it’s a date.”

“A date?” she asked with a straight face, but there was a certain sparkle in her eyes. Her look matched his.

“If you want it to be” he replied, now adding a grin to the sparkle.

There was a pause of silence until Sydney answered, “ok.”

“Ok” he repeated.

“Julian?”

“Yes?”

“No dancing, alright?” she said, biting her bottom lip

“No dancing” he said sympathetically.

“Ok,” she said, looking off into the distance, her face took on an amused look, “oh god! I have nothing to wear!”

He laughed, stood up and wheeled her into the hallway, “You could wear nothing, and I’d be perfectly happy.”

He chuckled when he heard her mutter “cocky bastard” under her breath.

Sark carefully pushed her wheelchair outside and he took a seat on a chair next to her. She was looking out to the garden, which was blooming beautifully. Lilies and rose bushes dominated the garden, tangling vines throughout.

“It’s so gorgeous out here. I love this place. I feel like I never want to leave.”

“You can stay for as long as you’d like. That offer will always be there.”

“Can I ask you a personal question, Julian?” she asked timidly.

“You can ask, but I’m not 100% sure I’ll answer,” he replied with a grin, “but that also means that I get to ask you one.”

“Why Lauren?”

Sark closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them again, he saw Sydney’s eyes probing into his very soul. She wanted to know the answer, so she would find out. He was trying to decide how to tell her about his past lover, that wasn’t the easiest thing to do. Especially when you had just figured out that you cared about someone else, more than you did the last.

“Why Lauren? Well, I don’t think I’ll ever be too sure of that,” he paused, collecting his thoughts. “I guess that there were a few factors that I enjoyed. The first being the personal jab I got to throw at Agent Vaughn by sleeping with his wife. Second, it made me angry to see him let go of someone as perfect as you. He had to feel something of betrayal. Third, she wasn’t too needy. And finally, she was amazing in bed.”

Her face had a mixed look of confusion, sadness and shock. “Oh.”

“Oh?”

“I just didn’t expect you to answer it that way I guess.”

“What were you expecting?”

“I don’t know, more feeling… I really don’t have a clue.”

“I don’t really think I loved her. I think I loved the situation. No attachments, just sex. And I don’t know how he ever let go of you Sydney” he brushed a stray piece of hair out of her face.

Sydney shifted uncomfortably in her chair, “I think it’s your turn to ask me a question.”

“Alright” he said, his forehead wrinkled in thought, “OK. Why didn’t you tell me you’d moved to New York?”

Chapter Nine

Her face visibly fell. Her reaction made him instantly regret asking her. “It’s okay Sydney, you don’t have to answer” he said quickly.

“It’s alright, I just didn’t expect that. I didn’t know that you’d heard.”

“You really don’t have to answer that. I was just wondering. If it’s going to hurt you, I don’t need you to tell me.”

“No, it’s alright” she sighed. “I didn’t tell you, because I wanted something to be the same” at his confused look she continued. “Everything is different. I’m living in New York, my dad and Weiss are in L.A., I’m not with Vaughn anymore, everything is different. And now you’re being nice, and you’re out of the business-“

“I’m not out anymore. I’m going to find who did this to us and then I will go back into retirement. I have to find them.”

“Well, you were out of the business” she sighed. “Well, you see? Everything had changed, and I thought that if I kept that from you, then at least one thing could be the same. You could keep thinking that I was in L.A., and I could feel better.”

“Things might have changed Sydney, but it’s for the better. Now you won’t have other people running your life for you. If you need anything, if you need to talk, if you need someone to just sit with you, I’ll be here.”

A single tear fell down her cheek. She couldn’t understand why it did, but it happened. He reached forward and brushed it away. “I’m sorry. I don’t know why I’m doing this.”

“It’s alright Sydney, you’ve had a really rough week.”

She chuckled sadly. “That’s the understatement of the year.”

He smiled. “I think you might be right about that.”

They sat in silence for a few minutes.

“Sark?”

He looked up at her.

“About tonight…” she said pensively, “what’s the dress code?”

“Well, you can wear anything you’d like” smiling, he continued, “honestly, you can wear anything or nothing. We won’t be leaving the house.”

“Oh really? I bet you’d like that wouldn’t you?” at his questioning look, she continued, “if I wore nothing” she said seductively.

He swallowed audibly, she laughed at him.

Once he had regained control over himself, “I would like that very much”

Sydney, not expecting him to react this way was taken aback by what he said, blushes furiously and stares at her feet intensely.

Sark stands and heads to the door, “Oh and Sydney,” he turns back and stares at her, burning holes into her eyes, “formal attire would be more appropriate than nothing at all.”

Hours later, Sydney is dressed up in a gorgeous gown and physically prepared for whatever Sark has planned for their little evening. Of course, the gown does not have the normal affect as it would if she could stand for more than thirty seconds at a time. It caused many problems when she was trying to put it on. It took her over fifteen minutes to get the back done up properly. She finally laid down on her stomach on the bad and tugged slowly at the zipper, closing it up. It shouldn’t have been that complicated, after all it was just a cocktail dress, it wasn’t flowing at her ankles or anything.

She was sitting in her wheelchair putting the final touches of make-up on her face when there came a soft knocking on the door. She placed the make-up down and turned to see Sark’s eyes peering through the crack in the door. “I don’t see to remember telling you it was safe to look in Sark” she said smiling at him.

“Well, I couldn’t risk missing a scantily clad Agent Sydney Bristow, now could I?”

She laughed, and he promised himself that he could make her do that more often. “I guess. Maybe we should move onto the dinner Mr Sark.”

“If you say so.”

“Well, I do.”

He went behind her and began to push her to a part of the house that she had not yet seen. Stopping in the hallway and bending to whisper in her ear, “By the way, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you look as beautiful as you do right at this moment.”

Sydney’s cheeks turned beet-red at his compliment. She coughed, clearing her throat. Trying to remove some of the tension she was feeling at this moment.

They headed to the second floor, leaving her wheelchair behind on the first, Sark carefully carried her up the stairs and placed her into a beautiful arm-chair. “Thank you” she said.

“Not a problem, love.”

She took a good look around her, they were on a balcony surrounded by lilies and roses. Sark looked at her knowingly and smiled. “I heard through someone that lilies are your favourite flower. Is that true?”

“Yes, they are. They are just so beautiful and fresh. I love them.”

“I’m glad. But they don’t hold anything to you tonight,” he took her hands in his. He knelt in front of her and pushed a stray piece of hair behind her ear. “I meant what I said earlier Sydney. I’ve never seen you look more radiant.”

“Well, I can’t say anything to that. But, I must say that tonight, you look quite handsome yourself.”

“What do you say,” he said, looking down at the food in front of them, “shall we eat?”

The night was a complete success from both of their points of view. Sark actually opened up to Sydney about his past, and Sydney talked to him about her childhood, missing her mother and her absent father. It was quite a good experience for them both.

Sark carried her down the stairs, to Sydney’s protests, and once they were in front of her room, Sydney and Sark just stared at the closed door. Neither one wanted to night to end.

“Sark, would you like to stay the night?”

“I can’t Sydney, you’re not ready. I’m not ready for that step yet.”

“I don’t mean that Sark,” she said, blushing furiously, “I just… I just want you to stay. I want you to hold me. Can you do that for me?”

He kissed her softly on the lips, taking their breath away. “I would do anything for you. Of course.”

He wheeled her back into her room and helped her un-zip her dress. She went into the bathroom to change and came out in a black silk camisole and panties, she slid under the covers. Sark watched her, transfixed by her body. “If I didn’t care about you so much Sydney, I would take you right now.”

Sydney didn’t say anything, just hid her blushing cheeks under the covers. Sark took off his shirt and pants, sliding under the covers wearing his black silk boxers. “Looks like we share something else, other than absentee fathers,” he looked at her questioningly, “we both like black silk” she said.

“I can see that” he said as he pulled her into his arms, kissing the back of her head, smelling the scent that is Sydney Bristow. After a few minutes, he watched her breathing change. She was finally asleep. He just lay there, watching her sleep for hours. Just wanting to watch her. Nothing else. Four hours of watching her finally became too much, and he fell asleep next to her.

The next morning, Sydney awakens, taking the sounds in around her. She is shocked to hear someone else in the room breathing. She feels someone’s tight arms around her. Suddenly the previous night’s events come back to her and she smiles.

She moves to go to the window, but is unable to. Sark’s arms tighten around her waist. She turns around and just watches him sleeping. He looks so young, and vulnerable, so soft. She reaches out to touch his face and he stirs. His face forms a small smile, and he yawns. It had to be the sweetest thing Sydney had ever seen.

“Good morning,” she whispered.

“Good morning” he replied.

Sydney couldn’t help it any longer, she tilted her head to his and placed a soft kiss upon his lips. Sark was now wide awake. His eyes wide with questions.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that” she mumbled. Sark took her face in his hands and smiled, shaking his head. He pulled her head to his and kissed her with such passion, that Sydney was left breathless. “Why did you do that?” she asked.

“Because I wanted to, Sydney.”

“OK.”

“Are you alright? I mean are you ok with me kissing you?”

“I think so. I mean, it’s so new.”

“We’ll take things slowly.”

“I wouldn’t want it any other way. I don’t think I can move fast. Especially when I can’t even walk yet.”

“Look, I can wait for you Sydney, I just want you to be happy.”

“I know.”

Sydney's Dress

Hope you enjoyed it!

“Well, it’s a date.”

“A date?” she asked with a straight face, but there was a certain sparkle in her eyes. Her look matched his.

“If you want it to be” he replied, now adding a grin to the sparkle.

There was a pause of silence until Sydney answered, “ok.”

“Ok” he repeated.

YES!

*giggles uncontrollably*

A date!

“Sark, would you like to stay the night?”

“I can’t Sydney, you’re not ready. I’m not ready for that step yet.”

Oh, sweet damn *giggles more*

“I don’t mean that Sark,” she said, blushing furiously, “I just… I just want you to stay. I want you to hold me. Can you do that for me?”

He kissed her softly on the lips, taking their breath away. “I would do anything for you. Of course.”

*melts*

Or, that could work, too.

Sydney couldn’t help it any longer, she tilted her head to his and placed a soft kiss upon his lips. Sark was now wide awake. His eyes wide with questions.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that” she mumbled. Sark took her face in his hands and smiled, shaking his head. He pulled her head to his and kissed her with such passion, that Sydney was left breathless. “Why did you do that?” she asked.

“Because I wanted to, Sydney.”

“OK.”

“Are you alright? I mean are you ok with me kissing you?”

“I think so. I mean, it’s so new.”

*SQUEE*

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Oh, YAY!

*giggles more*

Oh, you totally just made my day.

Loved the updates!
Cant wait for more!
Thanks for the PM
*_Ash

Chapter Ten

One Week Later

“Sark! I need your help!” Sydney yelled.

“I’m coming!” she heard his reply come from somewhere in the house.

Over the past week, Sark and Sydney’s ‘relationship’ had progressed slowly, but both of them were fine with that. Sark spent a lot of his free time in his study, trying to figure out what was going on. Trying to find out who was after them. So far, no one had come attacked them for a while.

Their nights were spent together in Sydney’s bed, just sleeping next to each other. Their time together was filled with sweet words, small caresses and little kisses. Over the past week, they had eaten every meal together and Sark had even began calling her love.

Sydney couldn’t help but blush when she saw him run into the room. He was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants that were hanging at his waist, and nothing else.

“What’s wrong Syd?” he asked, coming to her, concerned.

“Nothing, I just woke up, and you promised me that you would help me walk this morning. Do you remember?”

Over the past week, Sydney had been begging him to let her try and get back to walking. It was around the time that she should be starting with her physical therapy. Sark had been hesitant to let her start, but she made him promise to let her do it today.

“Yes, I remember. But Syd?” he caressed her face, “do you really think you’re ready now?”

“I’ve been killing myself over this for the past two weeks. Just help me out of this chair and help me walk around!” I whine and playfully hit his chest.

“Fine” he huffs.

He pulls her arms up and puts his arms around her waist and pulled her up. “Are you alright?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m just fine. It’s just a little weird.”

“No pain?”

“No pain.”

They walked around inside and outside the house for the next hour, just talking. Sark kept his arm around her shoulders. There were no awkward or uncomfortable moments for Sydney, there was no pain. It was perfect. The sun was shining and it was the perfect day. Nice and warm, but not too warm.

“I think we should go inside love. You need to relax” he pulled her head to his lips and laid a kiss on her hair.

“What if I don’t want to?” she said flirtatiously.

“Well then I’ll just have to carry you” he said. He then lifted her into his arms. He carried her all the way back to the house and into the bedroom.

Sitting her back into her wheelchair, Sydney sighed. “I hate this thing. Do you think we could just get me a cane? I promise that I’d actually use it.”

“I know you would love, we can go into Paris tomorrow and get one for you. Would you be ok with that?”

“Yeah” they just sat together for a while, holding the other’s hand. “Sark?”

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry that we missed your event when I was in the hospital.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just happy that you’re alright.”

“Yeah, but no matter what you had thought that I felt about it, I was actually looking forward to it. You know how I love to dress up and go to those kinds of things. I just love running from bullets and guards with guns in four-inch heels” she laughed.

“But it wouldn’t be right if I wasn’t the one with the gun, would it?”

“No, I guess not.” Sark smiled.

“Syd? How long do you want to stay here? Are you planning on going back to New York soon?”

“Are you trying to get rid of me?” feigning hurt.

“Not at all!” he said quickly. “I was just wondering if we should go out and get you some more clothes. I mean, you only have enough for the next few days. You don’t have enough to wear for –“

“Sark, if you want to buy me clothes all you have to do is say so.”

“Fine, I want to buy you things. Not clothes necessarily, but things. I like spoiling you.”

“Well, I like being spoiled by you” she said, placing a chaste kiss on his lips.

“I got a call this morning, before you woke up. And since you mentioned that previous event, I can happily say that you can look forward to another one in two weeks. If you feel up to it, that is.”

“What? Are you talking about an occasion that could involve me dancing in a fabulous gown?”

“I think it is. But I’ll only bring you if you can walk properly by then.”

“Well, what are we waiting for?! I’m getting out of this chair and walking some more!” she stands slowly and moves to the door. Sark remains on the bed, just watching her, smiling. “Oh, and to answer your question, I’m not sure how long. But I know that I want to stay for a while. Just to see what’s really going on between us.”

“There really is something going on here, is there?”

“I think so” she replied, smiling a large smile.

The Next Day

“Sydney, are you ready?” Sark called from the living room.

Sydney came into the room wearing a turquoise dress with colourful polka-dots . She looked gorgeous. If he hadn’t said that he would take their relationship slow, he would have taken her into the bedroom and show her what he thought of her.

“You look exquisite” he said, taking her hand and placing a feather light kiss on her palm.

“So I take it, that it was worth the thirty second wait?”

“Of course love.”

She takes his arm, “shall we?”

“Yes, lets”

Paris – Five Hours Later

“Sark! Come on! You’ve bought me WAY too much clothing!” Sydney and Sark were carrying the last of her bags to the car. They had been shopping for over four hours.

“Sydney, I told you that I would buy you new clothing, and that’s what I’m doing.”

“Fine, but I need a couple of hours alone now, because this dress that I’m going to get… well let’s just say that I don’t want you to see it before the actual night. Because I am going to look drop… dead… gorgeous” she finished with a passionate kiss.

“Alright. But I need to make sure that you’re alright. Because I couldn’t live with myself if you’re in pain, or if you get worse.”

“Julian, I’m feeling fine. Really. I have enough strength for the rest of the day.”

“Just making sure love. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye.”

Sydney exits the store carrying a large bag, which Sark can only guess is filled with the most beautiful gown that he will ever see.

He crosses the street and takes the bag from her, pulling her to him for a passionate kiss.

“We seem to be doing this a lot today.”

“What?”

“Kissing. We’ve been doing that a lot today. All over Paris. At every high class Parisian clothing store.”

“Well, that’s because I can’t keep my hands off of you.”

Sydney blushed furiously. “We should get back home, it’s starting to get dark.”

“I like hearing you say that, you know?” at Sydney’s confused look, he added, “you calling it home.” Sark smiled. “I can’t say how happy you’re making me Sydney.”

“Well, I can’t believe how much you’ve changed. Less than a month ago, I was trying to kill you. I hated you. But now, I can’t help but feel happy with you. And now, all I want to do is kiss you.”

“Feel free to do that any time you’d like. Honestly, I love the feeling of your lips on mine.”

“Let’s get home” Sydney took his free hand in hers, and they walked to the car.

One Week Later

“Sydney, I’ve got it!” Sark called from his study.

Sydney ran to the room, as quickly as possible.

“You’ve got it? What did you find?”

“I know who was after us!”

Thanks for reading guys!!! :D Now, I'm going to run away before you kill me for the cliffhanger. :run:

Hey guys, I've been having problems sending out PMs, so if you don't get one, I'm sorry. :(

Here's chapter 11!

Chapter Eleven

One Week Later

“Sydney, I’ve got it!” Sark called from his study.

Sydney ran to the room, as quickly as possible.

“You’ve got it? What did you find?”

“I know who was after us!”

“Well, Julian, are you going to tell me who shot me?” Sydney asked, incredulously.

“We were right before, with Cole. It’s the Covenant.”

Sydney stared at him in disbelief. “What? How is that possible? We dismantled the Covenant! They’re gone!”

“Looks like we didn’t get them all” he said frowning.

“How did we let that happen? How did no one know that they are still around?”

“I don’t know. But we have to get rid of them, or else they will continue to come after us Sydney. I’m not going to let them try and take you away again.”

“I know. I don’t want that to happen. And plus, I don’t really want to get shot at again in the near future. So how about we hold off the raid until after that ball thing next week?”

She moved into his caring embrace and sighed into his chest. “I’m not going anywhere” she repeated.

“I think we can wait though, I haven’t heard about any movement from the key players for a while. So, we should be alright.” Sark stated.

“OK.”

Sydney goes behind his desk and sits in his chair, in front of his computer. “So what have you found, Julian?”

“Sydney, you’re in my chair.”

“Get used to it” she smiled.

“Fine. So,” he pointed to the documents on the computer, “you can see the maps of their locations, satellite photographs and the names of the main players, with their background information. Everything we need to take them down. Syd,” he turned her to him in the rotating chair, “it’s going to be done. We’re going to be finished with this life for good.”

“Who said anything about me being out? I thought that you wanted to leave.”

“Syd, come on. Don’t be this way.”

Sydney got up out of the chair and walked out of the room, Sark following close behind her. “Come on love, please. I’m sorry, I thought that you wanted to leave.”

“I do, but I don’t think I’m ready. I’m afraid that you might go back again. What if people still come after us, even after the Covenant is gone?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“I know” she sighed, “I just need some time to think. Alright? I’m going to go into my room and sit on the bed, maybe listen to some music, and think all about what I’m going to do.”

“Sure. I’ll see you around dinner then?”

“Of course.” Sydney placed a kiss upon his lips and retreated to her bedroom.

Once she was out of view, Sark exhaled deeply and leaned against the wall.

Sydney sat on her bed for three hours before coming out for dinner. In that time she had decided that she would leave the CIA and stay here with Sark until she figured out what she wanted to do with her life. But only if they could successfully bring down the Covenant.

She heard Sark’s door close and his footsteps move to his bedroom. It was safe to leave the comfort of her room.

Slowly and quietly opening and closing her door, she sneaked down to the kitchen. She decided to cook dinner for him when she got to the kitchen and saw everything in the fridge. She wanted it to be an eventful night. She was going to tell him about leaving the CIA, and she wanted to see how long she could stay.

“Sydney? Is that you?” she heard from the hallway.

“Yeah, but don’t come into the kitchen Julian! Stay in your room or the study until I call you alright?”

“What are you doing?”

“Just do it! Please?” she pleaded with him.

“Alright love. Just don’t burn the place down.”

“I promise I won’t.”

An hour later, Sydney had created an elaborate meal of Chicken Parmesan (ok, so maybe she wasn’t the best cook, but she knew some things).

The table had two off-white candles burning brightly at each side of the table, and Sydney was wearing a white dress that she had bought in town, and earlier, she had requested that Sark wear a suit. She was about to tell him something very important, and she wanted things to be perfect.

Sark came into the dining room looking unbelievably handsome in his suit and stopped when he saw Sydney. His mouth hung open and his heart stopped beating in his chest.

“Sark? Is everything alright?”

“Yes, of course. It’s just that, you look…”

“I know. It’s not good enough,” she frowned, “I’ll just go change into something different.”

Sydney started to walk past him when he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him, kissing her with the most passion that he ever had. When the finally pulled apart, Sydney took a deep breath , “wow” she sighed.

“I was going to say that you are stunning tonight.”

She blushed, “well, I must return the compliment. You look so handsome tonight Julian.”

“It’s all for you, love” he took her arm, “shall we?” and they walked to the table.

“I wanted to talk to you about this morning. What you said about me leaving the CIA…”

“Sydney, I really do want to apologize about that. If I ever came across as forceful about that. I just thought that you didn’t need to be with them anymore. SD-6 is gone, and that’s what you wanted. Wasn’t it?”

“Yeah. That's what this dinner is for. I wanted to thank you for saying that. Because I wouldn’t have come up with this decision if it hadn’t been for you. Once we bring the Covenant down, for real, I’m going to leave the CIA.”

He smiled, “really?”

“Yes, really. And I was wondering if I could stay with you while I figured out what to do with my life. I wouldn’t be here that long, just so long as I could figure everything out. And if I became a burden I would be able to leave, you just have to tell me when.”

He just smiled, he hadn’t said anything in a while and it was worrying Sydney. “Sark? Did I say something wrong?”

“No, nothing wrong. I just wasn’t expecting my dream to come true. Sydney Bristow, wanting to stay here with me indefinitely.”

“Well, I must say that I never thought that I would ask to.”

“I never thought you would.”

“But is it alright with you?”

“Yes, of course, you can stay. As long as you’d like. You woman like you could never be a burden.”

“I’m sure that when you find the right woman, fall in love, and have her get pregnant, she will become a burden,” at his confused look she continued, “hormones.”

He laughed. Something that made Sydney’s heart flutter.

“I think I might have already found the right woman.”

Sydney’s heart didn’t dare to think it would be her. “Oh,” she frowned.

Sark knew this was the right time and setting to tell her that he was falling in love with her, he just had to do it.

“Sydney, she’s the most beautiful woman that I have ever laid eyes upon. She’s brave, strong, vibrant, courageous… just amazing. I’m falling head over heels in love with her. She makes me crazy, but that makes me feel even more for her.”

Sydney’s eyes were filling with tears, her face looked heartbroken. Inside she had felt like her heart was slowly being shattered. She couldn’t take it anymore and got up from the table. Sark was in front of her, “Well, I hope that the two of you are happy together. I’ll be out of here tomorrow” she choked out and ran to her bedroom.

Sark couldn’t move. She thought that she was talking about someone else. But he had seen her face, she was being torn apart thinking about him and another woman. She must have feelings for him too! He was as happy as he had ever been when he went to her bedroom.

He stopped outside the door and listened to her. She was crying. It was loud, and every whimper he heard, cut out a little piece of his heart.

He opened the door and went in. “Please leave me alone Sark.” Sydney called him Sark. She was really hurt. “I don’t want to hear more about her, please.”

“Sydney, are you really that clueless?” she turned to look at him. Her eyes were puffy and red. Her face was broken.

“What are you talking about?”

He smiled and took her hands in his. “Sydney, the woman I was talking about… that woman is you.”

“Me? You’re falling in love with me?”

“Yes, Sydney. I'm sorry that I hurt you like this, I thought that you would have known. I thought that you would have figured out that it was you.”

“Well, I can be a little silly sometimes.”

“Sometimes? Darling, I think that you’re always silly.”

She laughed and playfully slapped his chest. “Could you just hold me for a bit?”

He pulled her into his arms and held her until she stopped crying, then they went downstairs again and ate their dinner.

Please read and review! :D

He smiled and took her hands in his. “Sydney, the woman I was talking about… that woman is you.”

“Me? You’re falling in love with me?”

Awe, fluff...

I freakin' love it!

Thanks for the PM
That chapter was unbelievably sweet.
Cant wait for more!

*_Ash

More chapters. I want to get this done and posted soon, so... I think I'll be doing double updates from now on. :D

Also, I've started writing a sequel, and I'll be posting it when I've got enough written. And a good, foolproof plotline.

Chapter Twelve

One Week Later

“Sark, let go. Please let go of my arm. If you don’t, then I won’t be ready for tonight” Sydney playfully spoke. Sark was awake, but he didn’t want to let her get out of bed that fast. He pulled her to him again and moaned. “Sark, come on! Let go of me.”

“Syd” he whined “don’t leave, please?” he looked at her and pouted like a sad puppy. She giggled at his face and couldn’t help but fall for the trick. “Thank you” he said, when she was back in his arms once again.”

“But not for long, I’ll have to get out of bed soon.”

“Why, love? Why do you have to? What is so important about tonight that you have to get ready seven hours ahead of time?”

“Well, I have to do my physiotherapy, have a shower, do my hair, make-up, get into that fabulous surprise gown and kiss you” she ended with a punctuated kiss on his lips.

“I liked the last part. And I can’t wait to see you tonight.”

She let him hold onto her a little longer before speaking again, “Sark?”

“Yes love?”

“This place, that you live… is it really secret? Because I was wondering…”

“What were you wondering?” he asked, perfectly awake now.

“I miss Weiss.”

“Agent Weiss? The friend of Michael Vaughn?”

“Yes, that one. He’s my only friend back in LA. I miss talking to him.”

He pouted. “You don’t enjoy talking to me, love?”

“I enjoy talking to you very much. It’s just that, well… I miss him. I don’t know why I miss him so much when I have you to talk to.”

“I understand Sydney. If you really want to see him, I’m sure that I could have it arranged.”

She threw her arms around him and kissed him hard, “Oh thank you Julian!”

He let go of her, “you should start getting ready then. I’ll make the arrangements. But you should call him and find out when he can come. I’ll be in my study.” He kissed her on the cheek and squeezed her hand and left the room.

This is the perfect day. Thought Sydney as she began her exercises.

This is the perfect day. Thought Sark as he sat in his study. He called his pilot and requested him to have the plane ready to pick up Eric Weiss in a few days.

An hour later, Sydney was finished with her exercises and getting out of the shower. She put on her bra and panties and headed into the bedroom. Her hair was around her shoulders and damp, it was wavy and flowing. She walked over to the mirror on the dresser and began to brush it out.

Suddenly, the door opened and Sark entered the room. When he saw her, they both froze. Sydney realized what she was wearing and her face turned beet-red. “Oh, I’m so sorry Sydney” Sark said quickly, covering his eyes with his hand and turning around. “I thought you were still in the shower and I was going to leave this note for you” he held the note out over his shoulder.

Sydney had gotten her robe off of the chair next to her and put it on hastily. She took the note from him and said a quick thank you. “I’m sorry” he said again and left the room. She read the note once he left.

Sydney,
I’ve arranged my pilot to pick up Eric Weiss for you,
All you need to do is find out when he can come.
He’s welcome to stay here, as long as he doesn’t
tell anyone where I live. I like this house and
don’t want to leave it behind. I have good memories
here. Most of them with you.
- Julian.

She smiled when she finished reading the note, and reached for the phone.

“Hello?” she heard from the other end and smiled. It was great to hear his voice again.

“Hey Weiss. It’s Sydney.”

“Syd! I haven’t heard from you in ages! How’s New York? You miss me don’t you? Because we all miss you here.”

“I miss you so much! That’s why I’m calling.”

“I knew you couldn’t live without the Weiss-man. But Syd, I’ve got a girlfriend and I’m afraid it’ll never work out between us.”

She laughed out loud. “Well, I’ve got a somewhat-boyfriend now too, so I’ll have to let you down as well.”

“You’ve got a boyfriend? Tell me about him!” she groaned “Come on, Syd. Don’t back down. It’s girl-talk time. Are you breaking more hearts out on the East Coast?”

“Actually, I’m in France right now. Just outside Paris. But you can’t tell anyone. Look Weiss, I miss you. I was wondering if you’d like to visit me here. Because I can get you a flight over here, and I’d really like to see you. You can bring your girlfriend if she promises not to tell, too. I just really want to see you.”

“Syd, what are you doing in France?”

“Taking a well-deserved holiday.”

He laughed “when was the last time you took one?”

“Well do the two months after Danny’s death count?”

“No”

“Then never.”

“Well, I’ll come. When do you want me?”

“Any time is good, really. I have nothing else to do here other than shop and talk.”

“So Syd, what’s his name?”

“You’ll see. But Eric, you can’t tell anyone alright? Only my father and sort-of Vaughn know about him.”

“Vaughn? What happened that made you tell Vaughn but not your best friend?”

“Weiss I can hear your pout all the way over here. I’ll explain about that later, just please come. I’m begging you. I can’t take another three months without my bestest friend in the whole world.”

“I’ll be there in two days.”

“THANK YOU!” she yelled.

“I miss you Syd.”

“I miss you too.”

“Bye”

Sydney hung up the phone and ran into Sark’s study, still wearing the robe over her bra and panties. He was sitting in his chair looking at his computer screen and he looked up at her when she entered the room. She walked to him, turned him in his chair to her and kissed him hard on his shocked lips. “Thank you so much” she said breathlessly.

“If I get that reaction every time I fly one of your friends in, remind me to do that more often” he said when he had recovered.

She smiled, kissed him again and fled from the room to get ready.

Four hours later

Sydney was putting on the final touches of her make up. When she heard Sark call from the ground floor. “Sydney, how long does it take to get ready?”

“Oh come on Julian. We have another hour before we have to leave.”

“I know, I just want to see this dress. I’ve been waiting two weeks to see it.”

“Patience is something to look for Sark.”

“Alright love, I’ll be in the study”

“I won’t be that long Julian”

Half an hour later, Sydney was heading to the front door. Sark was still in his study, but she wanted him to make the entrance. She was waiting by the front door when she called up to him “Sark! I’m waiting for you. Honestly, how long does it take you to get ready? It’s shocking!”

“Yes, that’s right Sydney,” she heard him coming to the stairs, “I’m the one that takes six hours to get ready to go out…” he drifted off when he saw her. She was wearing a vibrant blue satin gown, and when she spun around, he saw that there was almost no back.

“Julian, I think I’ll take your speechlessness as a compliment”

He ran down the rest of the stairs and took her into his arms, giving her the kiss of a lifetime. It took her by surprise, and left her breathless.

“You know all the other times that I’ve told you that you look beautiful?” he whispered. Sydney could barely nod “they all pale in comparison to tonight.”

She kissed him again and led him to the door. “Did you know that you have the most beautiful back I’ve ever seen?”

She laughed, “No I didn’t, but thank you” she blushed, “Julian, you look fantastic in a tux.”

This is Sydney’s dress:
169832-1.jpg

169832.jpg

Can you tell that I’m crazy about clothes. I’m kind of obsessed with fashion. So you can see what I see!

Chapter Thirteen

The Gala

“Mr Lazarey, how wonderful to see you here again!” cried a shrill voice from the crowd. A woman came into view and saw Sydney on his arm and frowned. The woman was very beautiful, wearing a black gown and her hair was pulled up in a fantastic up-do. Sydney felt a little threatened by her, but Sark’s grim and forced smile reassured her that she wasn’t going to get to him.

“Hello Melinda, nice to see you again.” Sark said, “it’s been too long.” Sydney could see that he despised this woman, and it made her want to laugh out loud, but she didn’t dare. Not until the woman was out of view. She was throwing herself at Sark in front of her, which was quite shameless. “I’d like you to meet Sydney Bristow.”

“It’s a pleasure…” Sydney pretended not to remember her name which seemed to infuriate the woman.

“Melinda” she huffed “Melinda Bracknell”

“Miss Bracknell” Sydney shook her hand.

“Yes, a pleasure” she said through clenched teeth.

Sark and Sydney walked in another direction “I never liked that woman” he said.

“She was throwing herself at you. In front of me” Sydney said. She turned to look back at Melinda again and saw a man come behind her and kiss her softly.

“I’d never go for her. She’s a horrible woman.”

“Who’s that man with her?” Sydney asked.

“Her husband.”

“So her husband is at the same party and she’s trying to get in bed with another man? Don’t you think that’s a little risky?”

“She doesn’t care. I don’t know why though, her husband is quite nice.”

“And attractive” Sydney added.

“Should I be worried?” he asked.

“Not at all” she said smiling, placing a kiss on his lips.

“Now you’re a happy couple.” They heard from behind them. It was a familiar voice that both of them recognized, but couldn’t place until they saw his face.

“Simon Walker? I thought you were dead?” Sydney said.

“Well, Jules, your father didn’t do as good of a job as he could have. I’m still here. And you’re with him now, I see” he nodded his head in Sark’s direction.

“Simon, long time, no see. I must say that I honestly thought you were dead as well.”

“A lot of people are supposed to be.” Simon pointedly looked at both of them.

“What do you want Simon?” Sark asked.

“I heard from my sources that Jules here was injured by the Covenant. I’ve been trying to take them down on my own for a while, but it’s not working out so well. I also figured that you would want to take them down. So I was thinking,” he looked at Sydney, “maybe, we could work together.”

“Si,” Sydney crossed her arms in front of her, “how could we trust you? You tried to kill me, sold me out, made me stab my ex-lover in the stomach and you tried to kill my father. All in a two day period.”

“Well, two of those things were because he,” he looked at Sark, “told me all about you betraying me. And that was before the Covenant screwed me out of a million pounds.”

“That’s sure a reason for wanting revenge.” Sydney laughed.

“Simon, could I please speak to Sydney alone for a moment?”

Simon nodded his head and turned around, moving to the other end of the room, “Julian, do you really think this is a good idea? I don’t know if I can work with him again. I don’t remember much about him, but I don’t really like to work with ex’s. And he knows more about me than Vaughn. And that was when I was another person.”

“Syd, I know you don’t want to work with him, but it’ll be easier to take them down with his sources. He has a lot of them. Plus, he can tell me stories of when you were together.” Sydney swatted his chest and smiled. She kissed him and looked across the room at Simon. He was glaring at Sark with a passion. “And I have you now. He has to watch from afar.”

“Fine, I’ll work with him. I trust your judgement” she looked up into his eyes, “I trust you.”

He kissed her forehead and they walked to Simon. “Ok. Let’s do it.”

Simon looked at them, took Sydney’s hand and placed a kiss on her palm. “I’ll contact you.”

“Simon, we can’t do much for a week. They shot me and I’m still recovering.”

“I could never endanger something as gorgeous as you” he looked at the two of them and nodded, “you really are the perfect looking couple” and turned around, walking away.

“I’m not going to let him touch you Syd. Don’t worry. The only thing I don’t trust him near is you.”

“I can take care of myself Julian. But the concern does touch my heart.” Sydney said dramatically.

“I’m glad about that” the music the band started to play was making Sydney sway slightly next to him, and he was wondering why anyone would ever want to hurt someone like her. She was perfect in every single way. “So, I think that the objective of this evening should be to dance as long as we possibly can. I know you love dancing.”

She smiled and took his arm, nearly dragging him onto the dance floor. “You know, Vaughn never took me dancing”

Sark knew that he should feel a little hurt for her mentioning her ex, but for some reason, he felt better, knowing that he did something for her that made her happy. “You really look beautiful tonight. You literally took my breath away.”

She put her head on his shoulder and they swayed to the melody of the music. She moaned into his neck and he felt her smile. “I’m happy” she whispered. His heart stopped. He knew that he was happy too. He had never felt this happy before.

“I’m happy too” he whispered.

“Let’s go home Sark.”

“Alright love. We’ll go home.”

They drove home talking about their day. Sark had a surprise waiting for her at home. He was nervous to give it to her. It was the first time he had felt nervous in a long time. He wasn’t about to propose a life-long commitment or anything, it was just a gift. But he didn’t want to scare off Sydney.

“We’re home” said Sydney.

He looked over to her and smiled “we’re home” he echoed.

He got out of the car and before she had a chance, he opened her door for her and helped her out. She rewarded him with a peck on the cheek and a quick thank you.

They headed inside and Sark walked her to the bedroom door and gave her a passionate kiss as he opened the door. The room was dark and Sark turned on the light. There were dozens and dozens of lilies in the room. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw the room “Julian it’s beautiful.”

He looked at her seriously “yes it is” Sydney blushed, she was sure that her face would light up the room when she realized that he was talking about her.

“Sydney, I’ve never cared for someone as much as I do about you. I’m so ecstatic that you’ve decided to stay with me. At least for now. When you were buying the gown you’re wearing right now, I went and bought you this gift” he picked up a green box off the bed and held it in front of her, “I think it belongs with you” he opened up the box and inside was the most beautiful necklace she’d ever been given. It was a silver chain with a heart pendant with diamonds in the centre, “I hope that it’ll forever remind you of me.”

She smiled and a solitary tear fell down her cheek. “It’s beautiful. Can you put it on me?” she smiled even brighter when he took it out of the box. Pulling her hair out of the way, she turned around and he placed the necklace around her neck. “Thank you.”

He put the box down on the table beside them and she pulled him to her in a powerful kiss. She took off his blazer and began to unbutton his shirt when he stopped her. “Sydney, are you sure you want to do this?” he asked. She answered him by continuing to kiss her and unbutton his shirt.

That was a good enough answer for him.

“That was perfect” she whispered after what felt like hours.

“Perfect” he echoed. And moments later, she had fallen asleep. Her head on his naked chest, her hand across his body. This was the perfect evening. He had danced the night away with her in his arms, came home with her, made love to her, and came to a realization.

“I love you” he whispered, and fell asleep moments later.

The next morning, Sydney awoke to a feeling of pure contempt. She hadn’t expected to feel like that. She had expected happiness or possibly regret, but not contempt. Life just couldn’t get much better than this. She was living in France, leaving the CIA, living with a wonderful man and her best friend was going to come to visit in a few days. Plus she had spent the previous night dancing with Julian and when they had come home, he had given her the most beautiful necklace and then they… consummated their relationship.

Things were perfect.

Sydney tried to get out of bed when Sark pulled her tighter to him. Just like every morning. She grinned and he mumbled something in his sleep. She tried to listen closely, and heard her name. Then she froze in shock when he added something else. “Sydney,” he mumbled, “I love you.”

She couldn’t move. He had just said he loved her. Sure, it was just in his sleep, but what if he really felt that way. Not just in his dreams. Would he ever say that to her, when he was awake? Could she ever say that to him?

No. She thought, I need more time.

She forced herself out of his grasp lightly, so not to wake him, and got dressed silently. She went to the foyer and she stood there for a while. Just in her jacket and holding the keys. With a note in her pocket, pacing back and forth, debating whether or not she was going to go out for a little drive.

She left using the front door and took one of the cars. Leaving the behind for him to read when he awoke. She knew it would hurt him to wake up alone after their night of bliss, but she couldn’t stick around right now. She needed to think.

Sark awoke thirty minutes later. He was disappointed to see Sydney out of bed, but figured that she would be in the kitchen or outside on the balcony. He checked every room of the house and then lastly the foyer. His heart stopped when he saw her jacket gone. He ran to the front door, tearing it open and saw that the car was gone. He came back inside and noticed the note on the floor.

Julian,
I’m sorry, you just looked to beautiful this morning,
I couldn’t wake you.
I’ll be back really soon, I just needed some time to
think about everything. Don’t worry about me.
I’ll be back soon.
- Sydney

His first thought was to rip the letter to shreds. The second thought was about her. She shouldn’t be out there alone. He did the one thing that she had asked him not to do in her note. He worried about her. He couldn’t help it. His final thought, the one that broke him, was that she might have regretted the previous night. He couldn’t regret that. He had given himself to her with so much passion and love that he had never shown anyone before. And she had returned it to him.

What had happened in that time to make her leave? He thought.

Please review! :D

I'll update again tomorrow (hopefully). I have SO much work. But this is a welcomed distraction.

Hey nice Sarkney fic! That pair reminds of Smallville's Chloe and Lex. I also ship that couple. I read up to chapter five but I'll finish the rest. :love:

Back