A Life...

vaughn ur an idiot!!!!!!!!!!

OMG ur fic is AMAZING. i mean u wirte so well, like a published author. I really felt that i was there so that mean ur a fantatsic writer. Can i plz get a pm?

Really great!!!!
I loved the story, but I'm really curious to know what happen next!
Please, post more soon!!
Can I get a PM too?
Kisses

A/N: So here it is – Chapter 4! Only after two months… over two months. :rolleyes: Sorry for the wait, but I’ve been a busy girl. Be thankful to my teddy bear, Fred, for helping me get through writing this… or at least providing me with entertainment during my breaks. ;) Enjoy!

A Life Returned

He didn’t want to leave. But he knew that he wasn’t getting anywhere with her. She was still as stubborn as ever, and she probably always would be. He wanted to laugh at his helplessness when it came to her will, but he didn’t have the heart. He realized that he was now completely out of options other than to find Lauren by himself. Oh sure, he could go groveling back to the CIA, but their only option was Sloane, and he wasn’t going to budge.

He sighed tiredly and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. This was the last thing that he ever wanted to do, but Lauren had always had a power over him; he couldn’t deny that. Even in possible death, she had his heart gripped in a steel vice, and nothing would take that pain away except to repay the favor – literally. Even after chasing Sydney around the world for two years and finding her alive, he couldn’t let her hold him and allow her seemingly magical efforts to make the vice release its bruised and battered prisoner. And even now, after being defeated once more, it felt like the vice had tightened its grip by at least two notches. So, he was off to do what he had to do, no matter how much he didn’t want to do it alone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She slowly composed herself, a task that was ever harder now that Vaughn was no longer by her side to help piece her back together. But when she rose, she was that much stronger. Alone, she had dedicated herself to the good of her country. Alone, she was called upon to defeat the savage monster that was her employer. Alone, she hid her pain from the innocent around her and bared a brave front. Alone, she escaped the merciless, ruthless, sadistic pawns of Rambaldi under the guise of the Covenant. Alone, she fled when she could no longer hide the pain. And now, alone she was again, deserted by her friend, her lover, the other half of her soul. But she knew that she had been alone before, and she could do it again.

Even so, she was tempted to follow Vaughn back to her former home, back to the life that she hated, back into Sloane’s icy clutches. But she knew that she couldn’t go back; she had played into Sloane’s hands far too many times, and she wasn’t ready to repeat that mistake. She still had a million other things to think about – her new house, the children at the school, the betrayal of her father, the mysterious ambiguousness of her mother and aunt, the disappearance of her newly found sister, all of the players of her discombobulated excuse for a family, each dysfunctional in their own way. But they were still her family; what had become of them? Was her father searching for her in hopes to salvage what was left of his daughter, his project? Just what side were her mother and aunt on? Who were they working for? What did they desire? Where was her sister hidden? Did she go willingly? All of these questions circled around her brain, leaving her dizzy and confused. Nauseousness grew in her stomach until she felt that she could stand on her own no longer. She had to get air; she needed help; she couldn’t do this alone. But whom could she turn to for help? She couldn’t look to her family – they were messed up enough as it was. Vaughn had left her just as she had done him, and she couldn’t blame him for that, not after he had been so hurt once more. She could only think to go to the CIA, but even they might refuse her. For all she knew, they had declared her deserterer and traitor. And anyway, that option only led back to him.

To Sloane.

But how much longer was she willing to let this option go untaken? How much longer could she hold out on her own? How much longer could she deny herself as the Sydney Bristow that was meant to save the world?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“What are you doing here?” That voice, the voice she would recognize anywhere; soft and deep with a higher pitch to it, caring, loving, concerned… Vaughn. She knew it was him, and only him. But what would he do if he knew it was her here, now? She could flee, but where would she go? She was here now, and she had to stay. So she turned, and saw him for the first time in three years.

His hair was longer, more wild than she had seen it before. His eyes were darker, stronger, holding more sadness behind their strength. He stood as tall as he ever had, but his shoulders were slumped, a weight bearing down upon them in an effort to force him to the ground; but still, he stood tall. But for all his appearance, it was him.

“Vaughn…” she whispered, gazing into his wide, disbeliving eyes.

“What are you doing here?!” he hissed this time.

“Vaughn, I…” She thought his dark eyes would narrow in anger, but he surprised her when she saw the old love in them.

Surprising her even further, he grabbed her in a ferocious hug. “I thought I’d never see you again,” he whispered into her hair. He grasped at her desperately as he burrowed his head deeper into her dark hair surrounding her long neck.

Still taken aback by his action, she sputtered again as she hugged him back, “Vaughn, I… I’m glad that you’re here, too.”

“Glad? Syd, I’m elated! I thought you would be on that island forever. I thought that I’d never get you back. I can’t believe that you’re here!” He pulled back and gazed at her in wonderment.

Not knowing what else to do, she blushed. “Yeah, well… I can not be stubborn when I want to be.”

“Yeah, it only took you three years,” he smirked at her.

Her eyes twinkled at his banter, and he saw her bright smile that he thought he had lost forever. It dazed him, but he regained his senses moments later.

“Syd, what are you doing here?” he asked again.

“There was no where else to go,” she answered simply. She added jokingly, “You know me. I can’t stay still anywhere.”

He grasped her hand tightly in his, warming her entire body and soul. “I’m glad,” he said, smiling.

He gazed into her like he always did, and she felt him everywhere. A second passed, then seemed to repeat over and again until they were locked through their eyes, entwined by their love like they were not a moment away from their golden time of happiness together, each bound by the other’s breath as their only wanted source of air. Lips seeking each other… closer…

Unsolicited, their moment was interrupted.

The guard stood before them and spoke as if he were oblivious to the power of the two before him.

“Miss Bristow,” he said, “we’re ready for you.”

Startled, Vaughn asked her, “Where are you going?”

She took a deep breath and brought back her cold exterior. “I’m going to see Sloane.”

A/N: What will be the outcome of that conversation? Did Vaughn ever find Lauren? What will become of Sydney this time? Stay tuned, faithful viewers, for the next exciting episode! *cue dramatic music* (Hopefully the wait won’t be as long this time ;-))

Ohhh wounder whats going to happen ... dang took her three years to go back ... like that Vaughn seems normal ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Wow!! :woot:

i just found this story and i LOVE it!! :D :D

you write so very well, you should definately take it up as a career prospect!

keep up the good work, its amazing!!

:jump:

Why would she go to see Sloane?
Is she mental?
She is doing it for Vaughn, isn't she?
So he can find out if Lauren is really dead
Thats very kind of Sydney, seeing the man she hates all for Vaughn
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

Back