A Lifetime

hey i know u said all that stuff about pm's but i just wanted to be added to the list if u could thanks
and fantastic start

I loved it!! Of course Vaughn would be there because Weiss dragged him along. It was great that they left after like six minutes, can't wait to see what happens!

Thanks for the pm and can you please add me to the list? So far I have received all pms I think, touch wood *knock knock*

🤠

He sounds like a smooth talker, he could get anyone to leave with him, i'm jealous of syd, but then again i always am. Thanks for the pm and keep me on the list please.

awww that was too cute
hehe i was thinking about speed dating today actually lol
anyway i can't wait for more
can i stay on the pm list for when they finally start working again lol

that would be the best way to end at that place, leaving with Michael, thats the best coz hes really hott :D

Eric was funny but Michael was still betta

please keep PMing me :smiley:

luv em 💘

Chapter 2
While making their escape, Sydney and Michael laughed until they were back out in the main coffee house. “So... I’d suggest going for coffee but we’re already here,” Michael laughed.

“Right,” she laughed.

“So what can I get you? It’s on me.” He smiled.

“Oh no, you-”

“I insist,” he told her.

“Well... I guess it’s late so... decaf is fine. Thanks.” She smiled.

Michael walked over to the counter, ordered and then paid for their two drinks. Sydney took a seat at a secluded table for two along one wall while she waited for him. “You know, it’s funny,” Michael laughed as he brought their drinks over.

“Thanks,” Sydney smiled at him.

“Sure, but it’s funny... I haven’t bought a drink for a woman since Alice, my ex-fiancée....”

“Ohh and you said her name without breaking that cup you’re holding. I’m impressed.” Sydney grinned.

He laughed softly. “Yeah... I guess. I suppose I was more crushed than angry...,” he sighed. She looked intrigued. “You wanna hear my sob story?”

“Only if you’ll hear mine.” She smiled.

“Deal.” He smiled. Then, he took a deep breath, wondering where to begin. “Alice and I met senior year of college, and we dated for like a week, broke up, and went our separate ways. Then, when I was twenty five we met again... hit it off... moved in together... you know the deal... so, about a year ago, I proposed; she accepted.”

He paused and took a deep breath. “As a CPA you have to attend so many hours of continuing education a year to keep up your certification... so... about a month or so after we were engaged, I had to fly out to Chicago for a class. Just an overnight thing... no big deal. It’s funny... I called her that night and she was telling me how she was just going to watch a movie and look at some bridal magazines,” he laughed bitterly.

“Next morning, I took an earlier flight... I came and I found her and Alex in the middle of trying to break the world record for number of times having sex in a twenty four hour period....”

“Oh god.” Sydney sighed.

“Here’s the kicker. Alex... he was my best friend since high school,” Michael told her.

“NO!” Sydney gasped.

“Gets worse – as it turns out, Alex and Alice were fooling around before I proposed and she accepted anyway.”

“Oh my god Michael, I’m so sorry,” Sydney sighed as she reached across the table and squeezed his hand. “Sorry that probably doesn’t mean much...”

“Actually, it kinda does,” he laughed softly, squeezing her hand back. “So, needless to say, we broke up and... I curse her very existence.”

“For good reason,” Sydney told him.

“Yeah...,” he sighed

“So my turn, hmm?” she laughed nervously. “Well, Danny and I met three years ago... it was a blind date set up by one of his friends. Neither of us wanted to be there... but we went and something just clicked, you know? We started hanging out... hanging out turned into dating and... well, you know the deal.” She laughed softly. He nodded. “Anyway about-”

“DUDE, there you are!” Eric exclaimed when he finally found his friend. “I thought you like died or something.”

“Eric... kinda in the middle of a conversation here,” Michael grumbled at his friend.

Eric looked cautiously at Sydney. “Fine,” he sighed. Then he leaned his face closer to Michael’s and whispered. “Just don’t go anywhere with her- she might kill you!”

“Would you get out of here?!” Michael shoved his friend away. Eric threw up his hands and sulked off. “I’m so sorry,” Michael apologized to Sydney, though it appeared that wasn’t necessary since she was laughing.

“It’s fine and I promise I won’t kill you.”

“Good to know,” he laughed.

“Anyway, so about a year ago Danny proposed; I accepted and my parents freaked. You see, Danny is the foreman of a construction company which, to them, is a low class job, as stupid as it sounds. They like Danny as a person, they just don’t think he’s marriage material, since I make more money than him.”

“Oh that’s awful.” Michael sighed.

“I know... but it’s his father’s company... so, well, whatever, I just ignored my parents because Danny’s such a great guy....,” she paused and took a deep breath for a moment. “About nine months ago Danny was working... they were building a new high rise building... he was at the site, wearing one of those stupid yellow hats... have you ever seen one of them up close? They’re ridiculous. A thin, tiny piece of plastic that’s supposed to protect you from something falling... absurd,” she shook her head as she looked down towards her hands that were resting in her lap. Michael swallowed hard, sensing the fact that her story wasn’t heading in a good direction.

“He was walking in the building when a beam they were lifting up using a crane slipped somehow... I’m not sure, but it plummeted down....”

“Oh god,” Michael sighed.

“It didn’t kill him instantly, probably because it didn’t hit him directly – it bounced off part of the building first... He was in surgery for hours... His skull was shattered and some vertebra in his neck were crushed. Amazingly though, as far as the doctors could tell, he hadn’t been paralyzed. He just had severe brain damage. Once they were finished, he had survived the surgery but was in a coma. The doctors told us that there was no way he would ever regain consciousness because his brain functioning was so low,” she said sadly as she looked back up at Michael, glad she hadn’t cried at all.

“Ohh that is just horrible, Sydney I am so sorry,” he told her.

“Gets worse,” she smiled softly. “He’s still alive. His parents refuse to take him off life support even though the doctors swear up and down he will never wake up and it’s only a matter of time before his heart stops. They hate me now – his parents, because I chose to move on. They think I’m abandoning him... but what am I supposed to do? Just sit there for months and months and months on end and wait for his heart to finally stop and then move on!?

“I mean, this is a horrible situation with no fairness at all, but is that fair to me? Just to wait there when I know he can never come back?” she almost shouted, then shrank slightly, realizing the volume level of her voice.

“No, Sydney, you shouldn’t have to wait – and I’m not just saying that because I kinda want to ask you out on a date,” he smiled. She cracked a small smile as well. “You shouldn’t have to cause yourself more heartbreak just to appease them. And you’re not abandoning him.”

“They think I am.”

“What do you think?” he asked her.

“I think... I think he’s already gone... like his soul isn’t in that body, it’s just a shell. I’m sorry, I sort of dragged down the aura here.” She laughed softly.

“It’s ok,” he smiled.

“Yeah I – OH NO BRUTUS!” she screeched as she stood.

“What?! Who?” Michael asked.

“My dog... well, he’s Danny’s dog but his parents are allergic so I took him in and he’s in my kitchen and he’s probably peed everywhere!” she said woefully.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry. This is my fault, I shouldn’t-”

“No!” Sydney said quickly, not wanting him to feel guilty for her inability to keep track of time. “No it’s not. I should have been looking at my watch but I was having too much fun talking to you,” she smiled. He smiled back. “I should go though.”

“Right... do you think we could... do this again sometime?” Michael asked.

“Yeah,” she smiled broader. “I’d like that, a lot. Here let me give you my number...,” she said as she reached for a napkin and a pen from her purse. She scribbled down her name and number and then handed him the napkin.

“Thanks,” he smiled. “Want me to walk you to your car? I’m not a killer either, I promise,” he winked.

She laughed softly. “Thanks, but I parked right out front so it would be a really short walk.”

“That’s ok, I happen to be going right out front as well,” he told her. She laughed softly as she followed him out of the coffee shop, noting that he held the door open for her, which she loved. “Well, goodnight Sydney.”

“Goodnight Michael,” she smiled at him before watching him walk away and disappear into the parking lot.

PM LIST
6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 Alias
albob
alias_chick_47
Alias79
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
aliasfreak8903
aliasisthebest
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
amlynac
Angel
angiverl
aprilsfool6
ashqua
ASIOagent
atekamel
ballerina
batman
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
buckeyealum2000
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
dandan
derevkointraining
EJ11
ekm324
Faye Vaughn
fieldstation
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gucci_94
hannahb
helpleessromantic

iheartvaughn
invisible
jadeygirl
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
leelow13
les400coups
Lily Ella
loane
Lovygirl
maddy28
Mallory
mbellsdiva
mightylittleone
Minttu
mountaineer_girl
Nadia Weiss
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow
one&only44
pansarah1
Phoenixwannabe
PIpp
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Remys24
sab-alias
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
sarkattack
scullymulder1234
shelley g.
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
Spydrummer06
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
Sydney, Australia

sydney//vaughn
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
tubby
tunita
UndercoverPhoenix47
vartan-lova
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
wiseman
xMountineer02300844x

wow! i didn't know their previous relationships were like that.. especially michael's i mean, alice is such a witch!!! but i'm glad syd and michael had fun... that was really lovely...

thanks for the pm!

So lovely how she jumped up and thought about Brutus...now I'm feeling sorry for the poor doggie :(

:P wonderful update Janet! :hug: me is :asleep: and still in the office!!!!! :lol:

Woah. Thier previous relationships sucked. Alice was a real whore. Sorry to use that word, but it's true. What kind of person is that evil?! And poor Sydney. That must have been horrible for her to go through.

Hope the dog didn't pee everywhere :lol:

~Anja

Back