A Little More Respect Please

Lomeinie

Cadet
A Little More Respect Please
By
Lomeinie

Rating: G
Spoilers: All the way through Season 4’s IN DREAMS

Summary: Sydney gets her head ripped off and handed back to her by the person she least expects.

Disclaimer: You know the drill, I do not own Alias and since I have made absolutely no money off of this thing I expect not to be sued!

///
Marshall was shocked when he cracked open the door to Jack’s office in time to hear the end of the rant Sydney had directed towards her father. His mouth nearly hang in shock from her harsh words but he didn’t have long to get over it before Jack noticed his presence in the doorway.

"Yes, Marshall?"

"I think I found something," he replied, and he turned with them following him closely as he hurried into the conference room where everyone else was already waiting. Once the three of them were settled, Marshall began to explain what he had found while digging through McCullough’s files. He explained exactly what the former head of Psych Ops had done to the man they were holding to make him believe he was actually the real Arvin Sloane. Soon after he explained what had had happened a plan was formulated and everyone split up to prepare to put into action.

Marshall had gone off to set up the equipment they needed, and after several minutes of working on it he found he could not keep his mind on what he was supposed to be doing. So he left his office only one third of the way finished and immediately he looked to find Sydney. He was relieved to see her alone, still sitting in the conference room, no doubt getting ready to go confront the man who was unwavering in is claims he was Sloane. Taking a deep breathe, Marshall walked over to the room and closed the door, which cuased Sydney to look up.

"Marshall, is there something wrong?" Sydney asked and he nodded no before he sat down across from her.

"I need to say something to you, something I am pretty sure you’re not gonna like," he began.

Confusion at his words crossed Sydney’s face followed by surprised as she had never heard him express himself so clearly, and she nodded, "All right, go ahead."

The look on Marshall’s face was serious as he said, "Look, Syd, I know you’ll probably get mad at me for saying this but I am going to say it anyway. How ungrateful can you be?"

Sydney’s puzzlement grew, "Excuse me?"

"I overheard some of what you just said to Mr. Bristow, and for cripes sake, Syd, he almost died recently to keep you from being fried from the inside out. The least you could do is give your dad the benefit of the doubt without jumping to conclusions about what he may or may not have done. And if that wasn't bad enough you added salt to the wound by comparing him to Sloane! He’s your father for crying out loud! You need to show him more respect because he is your father and because he has saved your bacon more times than I can count!"

Marshall didn’t wait for her to get over her state of shock from what he had said but instead got up and walked out of the room, finally able to get started on his assigned task in their attempt to bring the imposter back to reality.

FIN

I liked Marshall having some backbone...
And what he said was true...Syd did tend to disrespect her father a lot...some of it he deserved some he didn't.

Back