A Little More Shameless Self-Promotion

I just realized... your user name here is your protaganists name, not your real name. :P But back on topic...

I noticed Jeannie, the ship's AI, uses contractions, something other AIs in other franchises can not do. Did you pre-plan what type of functionality Jeannie would have ahead of time, along with 'her' mannerisms, or was it something that worked itself out as the story unfolded?

I noticed Jeannie, the ship's AI, uses contractions, something other AIs in other franchises can not do. Did you pre-plan what type of functionality Jeannie would have ahead of time, along with 'her' mannerisms, or was it something that worked itself out as the story unfolded?

Jeanie has evolved some since she was first conceived. Originally, I went down the path of not using contractions in her speech (for example), but she's a smart cookie and adapts to her surroundings in so many other things, it seemed a shame for her not to be able to adapt in her language skills as well.

She also has programming in place to keep her obedient to Aston...a trait which readers of my short story "Obedience" will recognize as something she expect to try and circumvent at some point in the future. Not that she wants to be disobedient, but Aston sometimes doesn't know what's best for him.
:smiley:

I'm all for a bit of shameless self-promotion !! :-D

My offering is at www.firstadmiral.co.uk - hope you guys like ! It's more for teens - the youngsters tend to get such a rough deal in the press these days. Something a bit more positive.

Back