Tom

An Old Friend
Exploring Froogle under a 'SciFi' Search
SMART SOUND

$198.00 For a CD?

Tom

An Old Friend
More on SMART SOUND
SciFi Collection - Sound Palette Volume 03 & 04, is a two CD set that contains tons of sound effects of the Science Fiction genre, and includes the following categories:

* Alarms
* Communications
* Computers
* Creatures
* Electronics
* Explosions
* Industrial
* Inflight Ambiences
* Laser Guns
* Rumbles
* Spaceships

Available in two formats, "Multimedia (22k)" where file size is a concern, and "Pro (44k)" format for projects that require CD quality audio.

This CD contains the Pro (44k) format.

Tom

An Old Friend
Just a note

If you want scifi sound you can always insert a scifi game and search the CD for sound files with any decent audio player.

Some of the game music is kool too

Quake 2 and Unreal Gold rocks!
Centipede is very techy

Tim

Creative Writer
i wonder if included in the price is the rights to use the sounds in retail applications?

remember the Stargate Secrets programme with the CGI team having all those cd/dvd's pinned up round the room and the pricing of said programs/resources on them?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Mr. Destructo is most likely correct in the pricing.... for that kind of money the sounds are most likely royalty-free meaning that you can then use them for you own commercial products. Borrowing sounds from sources like games is a copyright no-no.

Tim

Creative Writer
http://www.punchstock.com/stock_photography/corbis/cd_2936252.html

like this cd, 50 images of farming for $449 USD

"royalty free"

so can be used for business use.

same as DJ's, they buy special cd's that allow them to play the tracks without paying royalties each time to the artist via a collection agency. used to be that radio stations in this country had to pay £0.50 sterling each time they played a track

Tom

An Old Friend
Well, I make my money with the Blood , Sweat and tears of a wrench but if I ever publish anything I will need to sort thru the source.
I believe artists should be paid for their work.

Top Bottom