A Little Pricey Eh?

Tom

An Old Friend
Exploring Froogle under a 'SciFi' Search
SMART SOUND

248441.jpg

$198.00 For a CD?

More on SMART SOUND
SciFi Collection - Sound Palette Volume 03 & 04, is a two CD set that contains tons of sound effects of the Science Fiction genre, and includes the following categories:

* Alarms
* Communications
* Computers
* Creatures
* Electronics
* Explosions
* Industrial
* Inflight Ambiences
* Laser Guns
* Rumbles
* Spaceships

Available in two formats, "Multimedia (22k)" where file size is a concern, and "Pro (44k)" format for projects that require CD quality audio.

This CD contains the Pro (44k) format.

Just a note

If you want scifi sound you can always insert a scifi game and search the CD for sound files with any decent audio player.

Some of the game music is kool too

Quake 2 and Unreal Gold rocks!
Centipede is very techy

i wonder if included in the price is the rights to use the sounds in retail applications?

remember the Stargate Secrets programme with the CGI team having all those cd/dvd's pinned up round the room and the pricing of said programs/resources on them?

Mr. Destructo is most likely correct in the pricing.... for that kind of money the sounds are most likely royalty-free meaning that you can then use them for you own commercial products. Borrowing sounds from sources like games is a copyright no-no.

Well, I make my money with the Blood , Sweat and tears of a wrench but if I ever publish anything I will need to sort thru the source.
I believe artists should be paid for their work.

Back