A message to all AA members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why there must be so much hate toward other members. We were this huge family at one time and now we're all out to get each other. We lie, insult, and purposely chase members away from this board. It was a wonderful place once, don't you all remember? Don't all of you remember how we were all friends? We talked kindly to each other, we helped one and other with their problems, we were a f***ing community. But, now it's a living hell. Everybody hates each other. We have decided that it's ok to ruin each others lives and make each other feel like they aren't welcome here anymore. We've decided that we can't move on from what's happened here and forgive, not forget. We should of learned from it all. We should of grown. I don't see anything but a complete disaster here now. I thought this was such a wonderful community. I guess I was wrong. I didn't think it was such a stressful forum. I'm hardly ever here, but yet I still get headaches from reading through five or six posts. Can't we all just put aside our differences and get along like we once did? Is that too much to ask?

Sincerely, Kelly

I hope people here aren't taking things said in the serious discussion thread seriously :confused:
My impression is that the serious discussion thread is made for debating issues and opinions.
However, when you start personally calling people rude or tell them to go and "f" off than it's personal. :hmm:
I try not to attack people but their opinions........so don't take it personally.

~~Spongy!

hey, all I said was that I wish we could stop being at war with one and other. I witness all hell breaking loose every time I visit this board. Ever wonder why I only stop by every few weeks? I can't stand it here. Move on. Stop bashing each other in the serious discussion forum. Stop telling people to kill themselves. Just stop. I'm so tired of just sitting here and doing nothing. Why can't we be a community like we once were? It is too hard to move on and stop holding grudges? I don't think it is. I think that if we all wanted to, we could be a wonderful community like we were.

I was just skimming through as i do once or twice a week, and i see this. Im sorry but how long have you been here, 3 weeks? So, ummm...i dont know how to put this lighly...stop talking.

Assassin_4_Sark said:
hey, all I said was that I wish we could stop being at war with one and other. I witness all hell breaking loose every time I visit this board. Ever wonder why I only stop by every few weeks? I can't stand it here. Move on. Stop bashing each other in the serious discussion forum. Stop telling people to kill themselves. Just stop. I'm so tired of just sitting here and doing nothing. Why can't we be a community like we once were? It is too hard to move on and stop holding grudges? I don't think it is. I think that if we all wanted to, we could be a wonderful community like we were.
This problem has been addressed many times already.

As for what goes on in the serious discussion threads... those topics are highly controversial, and everyone has their opinions. You just need to take a reality check and remember... this is just the internet. Most people don't know eachother. I mean, I could be a 45 yr old man with too much time on his hands. I'm not, but... you never know. And since nobody really knows eachother, don't take things in there too personally.

AliasHombre said:
I was just skimming through as i do once or twice a week, and i see this. Im sorry but how long have you been here, 3 weeks? So, ummm...i dont know how to put this lighly...stop talking.
I've been visiting this site for a long time. I've been looking through posts for a long time. I know all about what's gone on here. Yes, I'm just a newbie, but I still have to put up with all this s*** every time I come here. I know you're just going to tell me that if I don't like it, than I should leave. I won't leave though, not with this board like this. I'm sick of watching this go on. Just do me a favor and understand that people aren't rugs you can step on and walk all over. They are human beings. They have feelings and they certainly don't like being insulted. You can't go around telling them to just die already. That is totally uncalled for. I'm not posting these to get you all to start attacking me too, I'm posting this so maybe you'll understand what it's like for the rest of the people here.

Assassin_4_Sark said:
AliasHombre said:
I was just skimming through as i do once or twice a week, and i see this.  Im sorry but how long have you been here, 3 weeks?  So, ummm...i dont know how to put this lighly...stop talking.
I've been visiting this site for a long time. I've been looking through posts for a long time. I know all about what's gone on here. Yes, I'm just a newbie, but I still have to put up with all this s*** every time I come here. I know you're just going to tell me that if I don't like it, than I should leave. I won't leave though, not with this board like this. I'm sick of watching this go on. Just do me a favor and understand that people aren't rugs you can step on and walk all over. They are human beings. They have feelings and they certainly don't like being insulted. You can't go around telling them to just die already. That is totally uncalled for. I'm not posting these to get you all to start attacking me too, I'm posting this so maybe you'll understand what it's like for the rest of the people here.
we get it, but who is being hateful? :blink: nobody i know of

Alias Anna said:
there hasn't been any problems recently. it hasn't been a problem since moriel was banned.
You call what happened in the serious discussion forum nothing then? I'm not saying there have been any unpleasant events. I'm just saying that I dislike the ways everyone is being to each other and I wish that we could all act like a caring and friendly community like we once were.

As for what goes on in the serious discussion threads... those topics are highly controversial, and everyone has their opinions. You just need to take a reality check and remember... this is just the internet. Most people don't know eachother. I mean, I could be a 45 yr old man with too much time on his hands. I'm not, but... you never know. And since nobody really knows eachother, don't take things in there too personally.

Yes, this is hopeless. Exactly why I hardly come here.

Alias Anna said:
Assassin_4_Sark said:
AliasHombre said:
I was just skimming through as i do once or twice a week, and i see this.  Im sorry but how long have you been here, 3 weeks?  So, ummm...i dont know how to put this lighly...stop talking.
I've seen many members here being hateful. I dislike it.

Stop telling people to kill themselves.

When did anyone say anything about telling people to kill themselves?

All people stated was that if you want to die than die. That is your choice........never mind, I wont start this over here.

~~Spongy!

SpongeBobSquarePants said:

When did anyone say anything about telling people to kill themselves?

All people stated was that if you want to die than die. That is your choice........never mind, I wont start this over here.

nobody TOLD them to, they decided. and that's a delicate topic.

Assassin_4_Sark said:
people aren't rugs you can step on and walk all over. They are human beings. They have feelings and they certainly don't like being insulted.
You obviously havent been here that long.

Assassin_4_Sark said:

Yes, this is hopeless. Exactly why I hardly come here.
How is what I said hopeless? :blink:

Alias Anna said:
Assassin_4_Sark said:
AliasHombre said:
haha, I agree. I think you (Assasin 4 Sark) are the one that is causing drama. I haven't experienced or witnessed any of the things you are talking about....until you started this thread. I think that AA has returned pretty much back to normal. We all need to move on, and not forget the members that are gone, but remember why they left. They left because it wasn't friendly here anymore, and they made a big impression on me at least. I have done everything I can to be polite and courteous to people, and I nobody has been mean or disrespectful. AA is a great place to be, now and forever. Let's keep it that way.

alias_fan said:
this is just a continuation of the argument in the suicide thread.
yep. so waht? that's a few members... and you blame the whole community. and nobody is being "forced to leave" since moriel.

I am going to jump in and offer some friendly advice, having disrupted another very popular Alias board just about this time last year myself, don't let what other members say effect you.

Charlie et al, the people who keep this board going, are nice people, if you have diffrences take them away from public veiw (read: the board) and work them out. If the person you have issue with can't be reasoned with, let it go. As the board grows so do diffrences in personality, opinion and style, and not everyone can get along with everyone else all of the time.

Believe me I know, in fighting solves nothing and it only takes one thing taken the wrong way or posted without thinking that ruins the message board experence for lots of other people.

Back into the shadows I go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back