A minor rant

Redfang

Cadet
One of my latest pet peeves is the "interactivity" of gas pumps. Life used to be simple. I paid for the gas, pumped the gas and left. (I can even remember a time before every station was self service and I could skip that last step.)

But nowadays the gas pump has become an annoyingly chatty thing. Insert credit card. No, facing the other way. Do you want a car wash? Press yes or no. Do you want a coffee and doughnut? Press yes or no. What is your zip code? Enter now. What type of gas do you want? Choose among three options. Do you want a receipt? Press yes or no. Are you sure you don't want a car wash? Press yes or no. Oh you accidently selected car wash while spamming cancel? What type do you want? We have six different kinds. Please select now.

I don't want to "interact" with a gorram gas pump. I just want my freakin gas, kk? If I wanted any of that other felgercarb, I would go inside and talk to someone. That's why I'm out here with my credit card trying to expedite the process.

:angry:

wow that does sound like an extra pain at the pump. there isn't anything like that in Bama. some pumps ask for a car wash and a receipt, but that is about it. you can get a donut at the pump?

Redfang...where do you live???? I want to make sure I never go there. I am not sure I would be able to be nice to a gas pump that wants to sell me anything but gas!! I live in NJ.....we don't even have self service pumps here...at least so far :P

Back