A New Life

im still working on my new book. ill have it posted as soon as i finish the first chapter, which should be any day now. im glad i finally finished the first book, "Hidden Secrets". i hope you all like it. if you havent read Hidden Secrets yet, you might wanna read it first. itll help you understand this book a little more. hope you like it when its posted!

<3, Kailyn

Chapter 13

Irina gasped. Jack was the one who pulled the trigger and shot the guard. Before any of the other guards could react, Jack and Vaughn began to shoot them. They were weak compared to the duo. When all the guards were down, Jack hurried over to Irina.

"I thought I would loose you again!" Jack said.

"I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just out there for my country." Irina said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Yeah yeah. This is real touchy, but I think that we should probably get moving. I don’t want to run into to any more guards. You know what it mean?" Vaughn asked.

Jack nodded and helped Irina up. "Let’s go!" He cried. The three of them ran out of the house and to their car. The sped back to t he jet and back to the United States to save Sydney.

Vaughn stared out the window. Only a few more hours until we get back.

"Mr. Vaughn?" Irina asked, pulling him out of his daydream.

"Yes?" Vaughn asked.

"Do you love my daughter?"

Vaughn hesitated. "Yes, I do."

"Take this. It was my mothers. She wore it on her wedding day."

Vaughn took a small box out of her hands. Inside was a diamond ring. "I don’t know what to say."

"Say ‘I love you’. My daughter deserves the best, and I believe that you are the best." Irina embraced Vaughn in a hug. At first he was shocked, but then accepted it and hugged her back.
"Thank you." Vaughn whispered.

Back at the hospital. Vaughn waited patiently as Irina talked to Sydney. I had been a week after Sydney got the antidote and she was doing much better. Kendall had let Irina out of the CIA custody, and Jack and Irina were back together.

Vaughn had waited until Sydney was better to propose. He had rehearsed it over and over again. He had even listened to some advice from Weiss. Finally, Irina emerged with a big smile on her face.

"Go get ‘em tiger." She whispered to Vaughn as he stood up. Vaughn smiled and headed towards Sydney’s room.

He walked in. The room was filled with balloons and flowers from all the fellow CIA workers. He saw Sydney, resting in bed, with her eyes closed.

"Syd?" He called.

"Hey!" She said, slowly opening her eyes. "How are you?"

"I’m good. The important thing is that you are ok. I would never have forgiven myself if you weren’t." He said. He placed his hands in his pockets, feeling around for the ring.

"You saved my life, Michael."

Vaughn’s heart stopped. "What did you call me?"

"Michael. Isn’t that your name?" Sydney said weakly.

"Yes, but you have always called me Vaughn."

Sydney laughed. "Yes, until now."

"But why now?" Vaughn asked, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Because someone talked me into it."

Only her mother would have done something like that. Vaughn thought. [I/]

"Syd…..there is something I have to tell you, and I need to do it now."

Sydney stopped him. "Me first." She said. "Vaughn, I love you."

"What?"

Sydney smiled. "You heard me."

Vaughn pulled out the ring. "Sydney, will you marry me?"

Chapter 1

Sydney’s heart stopped. "But what about Alice?"

Vaughn smiled, "I broke up with her a week ago. I realized that I was in love with you, not her. Your mom also talked me into it."

Sydney took a breath of relief. "You guys broke up?"

"Yes! So, will you marry me?" Vaughn smiled again. "I think we got off topic."

"Yes, Michael. I’ll marry you!" Sydney grabbed Vaughn and pulled him close. First in a hug, then she kissed him.

"Syd, I love you too. I always have! I have loved you ever since I first saw you, with that crazy bozo red wig. Remember when I told about my dad’s watch? How he said the watch would set your life?"

Sydney felt warm tears form in her eyes. "Yes."

"Well, it stopped on the day I met you. I knew I must have been crazy, since I just met you." Vaughn said. "I knew after a few months of being your handler that we would some day be together. Today is that day!" Vaughn carefully pulled out the ring and slipped it onto her ring finger.

Sydney pulled him into another hug, and kissed him on the cheek. "Vaughn, where did you get this?’ She said, examining the diamond on the gold band.

"Your mother."

Sydney walked into her apartment. There was silence all around her. "Hello? Will? Francie?" Sydney called. She guessed that they were both at the restaurant since Francie still had a lot of work to do.

She placed her things in her room, and picked up the telephone.

"Hello?" said a familiar voice on the other end.

"Mom, it’s me."

"Sydney, you’re home! How are you?"

"I’m fine. How are you?" Sydney said, twirling a loose piece of hair around her finger.

"I’m great. I just had a debriefing with Kendall and I’ll probably start training to be a field agent soon."

Sydney smiled, "Congratulations Mom! I can’t believe it!" She sat down on the couch. "Mom, I wanted to thank you."

"For what?"

"For everything. The ring, encouraging both of us. Everything."

"Your welcome sweetheart. I love you."

Sydney’s heart leapt into her throat, "I love you too, Mom. I’ll see you later." Sydney hung up the phone.

so, u like? id give it a 2 (y) (y) right now. i hope no one says its bad (n) . ill be :( if ya do. im jk. i went home early today, cuz im still sick. ill try to finish ch 1 today.

Alice slammed the door to her apartment. "How dare he break up with me!"

She threw her purse and coat on the floor. The phone rang. She quickly picked it up, hoping it was Michael. "Hello? This is Alice."

"Hello Alice. Do not be alarmed. There is a black van outside your house. In the next five minutes, please be a dear and come out to it." The person hung up.

"Weird," Alice said. She opened her front door to see a black van sitting outside her house. She carefully shut the door behind her and knocked on the van door. It opened to reveal a young man, in his twenties.

"Hello Alice. I am Mr. Sark. We have been monitoring you for the past five months that you have been dating a Mr. Vaughn. Please, tell us anything you know about him." The young man said.

"Why? What’s in it for me?" Alice said, crossing her arms.

"Well, a chance to get revenge, maybe? We know you were dumped recently and that you are mad at him."

"How did you know that?" Alice cried.

Sark smiled, "We have our ways, Alice. Now, please, step inside."
Alice frowned and stepped inside the van.

anyone have any ideas for what should happen next? im having a brain freeze right now. part of it could be the smoothie im drinking, but anywhoo. i cant think of what should happen next! help!

thank you! sorry i didnt post the rest. i been sick this weekend and in bed. i also been at my dad's house and i wasnt allowed on the computer. awwwwwwww. oh well. ill post the rest of chapter 1 today.

heres the rest of chapter 1.

Sydney walked into the CIA headquarters. She had a big smile plastered on her face. She had decided not to wear her ring to work yet and decided to keep the proposal a secret between her, Vaughn, Jack, and Irina. Sydney chose to bring down SD-6 before she and Vaughn got married.

"Sydney!" Sydney turned around to see her mother walking towards her.

"Mom, hey!" Sydney said.

"Sydney, follow me." Irina led her to a debriefing room. Jack and Kendall were already seated. They all had the same sad expressions on their faces.

"Alright, let’s get started." Kendall said. "Last night, all our security cameras were shut off and there was a raid. The Rambaldi clock was taken."

The door opened. Sydney turned around to see Vaughn walk in. "Sorry I’m late. Traffic was….."

"We don’t need excuses Mr. Vaughn. Have a seat." Kendall said frowning at Vaughn. Vaughn sat down next to Sydney.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, we believe that it was a team from SD-6. We need to get it back."

* * * FLASHBACK* * *

Sloane picked up the phone. "Sloane."

"Mr. Sloane, it’s Sark. We just intercepted a message that a Rambaldi artifact is being transported to a CIA safe. Would you like me to retrieve it?"

"Yes. Do what you can. Is our new asset in place?" Sloane asked, tapping his fingers on his polished desk.

Sark chuckled. "Yes. Our asset is in place. I’ll get a team to retrieve."

"Good. I’ll wait to hear from you." Sloane said as he hung up the phone.

* * * END OF FLASHBACK * * *

This was really good write more. Write more about Irina and jack. lol sorry had to say that. this is a really good story

thats a good idea. have any ideas about what should happen? should they get married or what? i know that jack, irina, syd and vaughn are all gonna go get the clock back and then prob. bring down sd-6. i think thats what i want to happen.

thank you bluheart13. i think its better than the other story so far. what do you think? im trying to come up with ideas but i wont be ale to post any more cause i have horsemastership (dont ask) testing today and itll take a while. really dont ask. ill post it friday maybe? chapter 2 i mean.

Chapter 2

Alice followed Sark into an office building. She nervously wrung her hands together.

"There is no need to scared, Alice," Sark said. "My employer would just like to talk to you."

Alice nodded. She followed the man to an elevator. Man he is so much cuter than Vaughn. Alice thought as they stepped inside. They went down several levels. Alice only guessed it was in the basement. Finally, the elevator came to a halt and the doors opened, revealing a white room. Sark stepped into it. Alice jogged up to him. The elevator doors closed. A red laser light scanned them. Then another set of doors opened.

Sark smiled, "Welcome to SD-6."

Back