A New Life

Sydney followed close behind Michael. Her heart raced as she walked through the hall that was so familiar. Alice was being held in the same cell as her mother.

Sydney stopped and faced Alice, who was sitting on the ground. Her face pale. She looked very frightened. Sydney nervously spoke, "Who are you working for?"

Alice shook her head and looked as if she were about to cry, "That is none of your business."

"We know that you were for Sark, but we don’t know who is above you. We can only assume that you are working for a man named Arvin Sloane." Michael said.

Alice turned away. Sydney smiled. She knew that they had hit a weak spot in Alice by mentioning her employer’s name.

Sydney crossed her arms. "Alice, you’re a good agent and all, for a rookie. You know, most good agents can hide their feelings. Maybe that’s something they have yet to teach you."

Alice turned back to face them. There were tears running down her cheeks, "Do you know what it’s like? Working for men like that? I’m scared to death, thinking if I mess up, that they are going to kill me."

Sydney rolled her eyes, and laughed, "Honey, don’t even start with me. I’ve worked for Arvin Sloane for 7 years and yes, times I was scared to death."

Alice swallowed and walked away from the glass. Sydney nodded and motioned for Michael to follow her.

She nodded at the guard, "We’re done here."

Chapter 7

Sydney went to find Kendall. She finally found him and walked over to him. "Kendall!"

"Yes, Agent Bristow?"

"Umm…I just wanted to say…"

Kendall looked up from his file. "Be here bright and early for a debrief." With that, he walked away.

Sydney sighed and walked out to the parking lot. She started her car and began to drive home. Sydney turned on the radio. She heard a faint song and turned it up.

I'm not afraid to fall
It means I climbed up high
To fall is not to fail
You fail when you don't try

Not afraid to fall
I just might learn to fly
And I will spread these wings of mine

If I get up I might fall back down again
So let's get up, come on
But we get up anyway
So let's get up, come on
And I might fall back down again

And we'll just jump and see
Even if it's the 20th time
We'll just jump and see if we can fly

Sydney smiled. "This is a great self-esteem boost." She cranked the radio up so loud that she could feel the vibrations throughout her body.
I'm not afraid to fall
And here I told you so
Don't want to rock the boat
But I just had to know..
Just a greener side,
Or can I touch the sky?
But either way, I will have tried

So let's get up, come on
But we get up anyway
So let's get up, come on

Even if it's the 30th time

I'm not afraid to fall
I've fallen many times
They laughed when I fell down
But I have dared to climb

Not afraid to fall
I know I'll fall again
But I can win this in the end

So let's get up, come on
But we get up anyway
So let's get up, come on

Even if it's the 40th time

So let's get up, come on
But we get up anyway
So let's get up, come on

She began to sing along with the chorus as it repeated. She pulled up to her house to see a black van outside. "That must be the security." She said, walking up the steps. Her self-esteem had boosted after hearing that song.

-i know its short, but i did this in like 5 min. ill work on it today. wait.....i cant. i have horseback riding and then my end of the year banquet. sorry. :(

Sark picked up the phone and hesitantly called Sloane. He was very nervous about Sloane’s reaction.

"Sloane."

Sark gulped. "Mr. Sloane? It’s Sark. Something…ha…has happened."

"What happened?"

Sark sighed, "Our asset, well…"

"What happened to our asset?"

"While she was on a mission, she was captured."

Sark heard the phone drop and a lot of swearing. Then he finally heard Sloane’s voice again. "Who captured her?"

"The CIA."

Oh that's great...but i didn't get a PM , did I ? Or didn't i recognize it?
OK Now i'm here again and I must say that the chapters are very good additions!
Don't be sorry if you can't update to soon - I know horeseback riding is great :D
Take the time you need!

check out my newest story "It's Been 2 Years". let me know if you would like to be PMed when i post more of either story. i have a good list so far. let me know if you would like to be added. heres my list of people to pm:

A.I.C
ames723
*SPYnish*
LightTraveller
UndercoverMichaelLover
She'sgood
Sarah Vartan
Crawstinium  

thats who i have so far. let me know if you would like to be added.

THANKS!
-MUFFIN

thanks tam. thats your name right? ugh...there are so many ppl on this site its hard to remember names. im pretty sure you are tam though. thank you for all your compliments. no problem about pming you when i post more. it would be my pleasure.

Back