A New Night

A New Night
Post #1

I saw this over at TV Tome website. I didn't know in which thread to post it, so I put it here. I figure somone will move it to tyhe correct place. It is speculation on ABC's new fall schedule...note that Alias is moving to Wednesday night?

Fall Schedule Predictions (Part 1:ABC)
ABC has finally gotten its foot in the ground, and can claim the #3 slot on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and once in awhile Sundays. Still, they have some holes, and this is how I think they'll fill them.

Sunday:

7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00 Desperate Housewives (NEW)
10:00 Untitled "The Practice" spinoff (NEW)

"AFHV" and "Home Edition" have helped resurrect this night along with the decent performance of "The Practice". The spinoff follows James Spaders' character going into a bigger legal setting. "Housewives" stars Felicity Huffman ("SportsNight") as one of a group of women living in a culdesac in middle America.

Mondays:

8:00 PrimeTime Monday
9:00 Monday Night Football

This worked in the 1st half of this season, so don't expect it to change.

Tuesdays:

8:00 Less than Perfect (New Time Slot)
8:30 8 Simple Rules (New Time Slot)
9:00 According to Jim
9:30 That's My Rodney (NEW)
10:00 NYPD Blue

"Perfect" has been a surprise hit, building in on its "Jim" lead-in numerous times. Hopefully, it can give "Rules" a needed boost. "Rodney" is a politically incorrect family comedy starring stand-up comic Rodney Carrington.

Wednesday:

8:00 My Wife and Kids
8:30 Untitled Sofia Vergara Project (NEW)
9:00 The Bachelor/ette
10:00 Alias (New Time Slot)

Hey, Alias needs a boost, let's see if the veteran show can take some young viewers from Law & Order. The "Vergara Project" stars the actress as a single mom who, in order to stay in the country, pays an American businessman to marry her.

Thursday:

8:00 Empire (NEW)
9:00 Extreme Makeover
10:00 PrimeTime Thursday

"Makeover" is ABC's breakout hit, and will stay here to keep it floating. "Empire" is a limited show chronicaling the power struggle in Rome in 44 B.C. after Julius Caesar is murdered.

Friday:

8:00 The George Lopez Show
8:30 Earthquake (NEW)
9:00 Hope & Faith
9:30 Life with Bonnie
10:00 20/20

"TGIF" was a decent success this season, but the 8:30 slot needs a push. "Earthquake" stars the stand up comic as a father of four struggling to make ends meet

Saturday:

8:00 Disney Movies
10:00 Monk repeats/AFHV repeats

It looks like Alias will be on Wednesday nights instead of Sunday

Me too. I really think they need a 10/9 timeslot and L&O is really due for a slide . . . I hope this is the time for it. But certainly the competition is less stiff in that slot, too, with only 3 nets. But it's about time that ABC announced renewal!
;)

If it helps ratings then I'm all for it, I just don't want it to interfere with Smallville. If so then I'd have to try to record them both on two seperate VCRs or something. It'd be a real pain. :rolleyes:

Doesnt matter where or when they put it, Alias is the only show i watch so it wont interfere with my schedule :P

Hey if i was head of ABC i'd have a new episode of ALIAS everynight for you all to enjoy. :woot:

Satoshi said:
If it helps ratings then I'm all for it, I just don't want it to interfere with Smallville. If so then I'd have to try to record them both on two seperate VCRs or something. It'd be a real pain. :rolleyes:
If it's on at 10/9c, that's not going to happen. The WB doesn't even program that hour!

Goonigoogoo said:
Hey if i was head of ABC i'd have a new episode of ALIAS everynight for you all to enjoy.
It sounds wonderful, but I think the quality would tank! (Not to mention that the poor cast would be incredibly overworked!) :lol:
✌️

I'm not sure I really like the idea of a 10/9c wednesday timeslot because I'll be antsy all day in school and I wont be able to stay on here as long discussing the episode, but if it helps the ratings, then that's great! ^_^

Do you think the fact that they are moving it means that it's getting good ratings or bad ratings??

Is Sunday or Wednesday night a more wanted timeslot??

gr that sucks why do they have to move it to Wed @ 10!!!!!
i liked it at 9....
plus isnt it always bad when they move shows?!?!?

No, it's not always bad when they move shows. Sometimes they move them to a slot where they think they can do better. It's not always like Kingdom Hospital, which they moved to Thursdays @ 9/8 to die--or the shows they move to low-ratings Fridays. Speaking of which, I think the Friends slot would still be a "death slot" (with CBS still so strong there and I wouldn't count out NBC, people are used to tuning in there on Thursdays), which doesn't make me too upbeat about Empire, and I'm wondering why they'd schedule something so expensive there.

In any case, Mr Abrams always wanted a 10/9 slot, so we'll see what happens . . . I wonder if the edginess quotient will rise?
:confused: ✌️

that's really not that bad of a time slot...The Bachelor/ette is a good show as a lead in...but I'm not convinced - Sunday night just seems like the perfect time to me still... ^_^

Ill tell you this, if ALIAS ever has a time slot of friday or saturday night ... start worrying, every other day is ok, once a show hits friday/saturday its as good as finished.

Rose said:
I thik 9 times out of 10 when a show starts to move, especially after 3 seasons, it's over.
I wouldn't say that it's always true, though. I mean, look at The X-Files. And, after all, Mr Abrams has always wanted the later spot--and this moves Alias from a spot with heavy competition to one with mainly the aging L&O and 48 Hours on CBS--I think there's an opportunity if they play it right. I think the younger demographic would be happy to turn from those two and go for Alias. Are they burying or dumping it? I'd say no.
;) ✌️

I am going to be pissed :mad: if they move it because sundays have always been the perfect days for Alias to come on. That is the only day i am always free. :angry:

As long as it is not on Tuesdays at 9 I will be happy. Also, remember that this is just someone's predictions, they have no idea for sure what ABC is going to do.

Boy, it would be stupid to program it opposite 24! :lol: Of course, that would only serve to hurt 24 for me . . .
✌️