Feedback A new resolution

Tom

An Old Friend
I decided to change my pc resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. I've been wary because the lettering is so small but I'm compensating with my old trusty Walgreens reading glasses.

I've noticed that many sites are easier to comprehend because it feels like I'm getting the full effect now.

I'll give this resolution a couple days and see if I can get used to it.

Anything I should know about resolution changes besides resetting the monitor framing (already done that)?

skwirlinator said:
I decided to change my pc resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. I've been wary because the lettering is so small but I'm compensating with my old trusty Walgreens reading glasses.

I've noticed that many sites are easier to comprehend because it feels like I'm getting the full effect now.

I'll give this resolution a couple days and see if I can get used to it.

Anything I should know about resolution changes besides resetting the monitor framing (already done that)?
As long as your monitor can handle it you should be fine. Because a lot of home users, especially the older crowd and people not familiar with changing their settings, still use 800x600 a good web design should work at that resolution withouth having to use the vertical scroll bar but it is becoming more & more common that 1024x768 is becoming the new standard.

Personally I'm running 1280x1024 at work and 1400x1500 at the house but I still test the site at 800x600 & 1024x768 using the Web Developer's Extension in FireFox that let's me resize the FF window on the fly.

Back